First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a ‘23 badlands SAS that’s making the chirping sound described during light acceleration only when it’s in motion. Did you have to get your fixed?
I took mine to Ford and they couldn't hear the noise (even after I played the video for them). They checked both driveshafts and didn't find anything wrong. They said to come back if needed. I still hear it off and on.
Sponsored

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took mine to Ford and they couldn't hear the noise (even after I played the video for them). They checked both driveshafts and didn't find anything wrong. They said to come back if needed. I still hear it off and on.
Classic dealers. Mine has a shit load of issues that they claim to not find notice hear or feel. Even with video evidence

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine only did it hot. Had to argue with them that 'dropping it off' was pointless. They need to check it hot.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a similar noise that appears between 5 and 15 mph but I'm not sure it changes pitch with the vehicle speed. I don't hear it above 20 mph, that's for sure and once I'm close to stopping (under 5 mph) I don't hear it. But when driving slowly through parking lots or in busy neighborhoods it's really obvious and is a chirping type of noise. It's not there when at a stop so this makes me think it could be the driveshaft/boot. I first noticed it around 350 miles and I'm just hitting around 640 miles. Initially, I thought it was a tensioner pulley or bearing making the noise, but it's not there when the vehicle is running and sitting still.

Imaginethat

Wildtrak
First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a similar noise that appears between 5 and 15 mph but I'm not sure it changes pitch with the vehicle speed. I don't hear it above 20 mph, that's for sure and once I'm close to stopping (under 5 mph) I don't hear it. But when driving slowly through parking lots or in busy neighborhoods it's really obvious and is a chirping type of noise. It's not there when at a stop so this makes me think it could be the driveshaft/boot. I first noticed it around 350 miles and I'm just hitting around 640 miles. Initially, I thought it was a tensioner pulley or bearing making the noise, but it's not there when the vehicle is running and sitting still.
That's exactly what mine has been doing. Ford has been unable to hear it. Hopefully it is nothing more than a neusanse and will one day be a TSB so we can get it fixed.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed a couple of things today with the noise. It's not there first thing when the vehicle is cool. I could hear it after 10 minutes of driving. It wasn't as loud today, but the temperature outside is a bit cooler than the past 2 weeks. It seems to be there from 1 to at least 20 mph (loudest from 5 to 15) that I could hear. I got home, put my truck in neutral and rolled down the driveway and I could hear it at a slower pitch since I was barely coasting down the driveway. The front driveshaft boot does seem to be a pretty stiff material but I saw no signs of cracks or leaking grease anywhere. I'm at 638 miles.

Update 4/25/23: I did more driving than normal today and noticed the noise takes time to warm up, but once it does, it's loudest in the 4-12 mph range. But I can still hear some noise above 20 mph but it's not the chirping sound at lower speeds. It can be hard to listen and hear it if there is too much traffic and background noise. Driving slowly through the neighborhood really makes it easier to pick up.

Last edited:

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I recently purchased a 2023 Wildtrak and I have the same chirping at lower speeds (30 and below, I'd say).

I only really realized this over the last couple days and have not had a chance to get this into a dealership to look at yet. I have a long-ish trip coming up this weekend. Just wanted to check, is this safe to drive with still? Will it cause any downstream damage?

From reading the rest of this thread, it seems not. But I wanted to double check. I wouldn't get a chance to get this in until I'm back next week.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I recently purchased a 2023 Wildtrak and I have the same chirping at lower speeds (30 and below, I'd say).

I only really realized this over the last couple days and have not had a chance to get this into a dealership to look at yet. I have a long-ish trip coming up this weekend. Just wanted to check, is this safe to drive with still? Will it cause any downstream damage?

From reading the rest of this thread, it seems not. But I wanted to double check. I wouldn't get a chance to get this in until I'm back next week.
Good morning. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info, and I’ll look into this noise concern. Thanks!

OP
OP
SuperFord

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would not describe the problem as dangerous or unsafe. At least not for the short term. I drove mine for at least 6 months like this. It’s mainly an annoying nuisance.

Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just noticed 2 weeks ago. Thought it was a pulley. Just got the hard top replaced for the 2nd time and these little issues are not the end of the world but for this kind of SUV and the price they are one would expect better quality. Going back to the dealer next week. Will report on the findings...

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys, today was the second time I’ve noticed a high pitch squeaking noise that SEEMS to be coming from the left (driver) front wheel area..

Both times noticed only after driving for a while (30 mins or so) and windows down. Only noticeable below 30mph. Seems to get louder the more I drive. Today I could still hear it after rolling window up. Sound is unaffected by turning or braking.

I haven’t had a chance to get it up on a lift yet to try and duplicate in the air. Also haven’t tried shifting into 4x4 to see if changes.

I’m suspecting a wheel bearing seal or maybe a CV shaft or driveshaft. Could always be a pebble stuck in the brakes too I supposed.

will report back once I pinpoint the source and figure it out. Just thought I’d share in case anyone else is experiencing.

<<<UPDATE: 4/30/22>>>

I finally had a chance to get the Bronco in the air today to investigate the noise. It appears to be coming from the rear joint on the front driveshaft.

Thank you for the vids!. The tech kind of had an idea but it did close the problem. Parts should be 2 days out.
Sponsored