Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a fan of the Outer Banks and plan on doing a number of upgrades without trying to drop $5K on a Sasquatch. That said I want to keep the body color wheel fenders, but I know the Sasquatch package increases the size of the flares to accommodate the 35in tires. Wondering if I put my own 35s on if there will be an issue with clearance on the flares, or if I put a tall enough lift on if it wont even matter?
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a whole giant thread about this already with detailed diagrams and measurements. They determined that 33s would fit without a lift. You can try to search for that thread. Sorry, I don't remember the title.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The flares aren't wider because of the actual tire, they are wider to help catch the rocks that will be thrown off by the deep tread of all terrain tires. I know there are quite a few people on here that talk about cutting the flares or taking them off, but other people do drive on the road and it is common courtesy not to put a rock through their windshields ya know?

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The flares aren't wider because of the actual tire, they are wider to help catch the rocks that will be thrown off by the deep tread of all terrain tires. I know there are quite a few people on here that talk about cutting the flares or taking them off, but other people do drive on the road and it is common courtesy not to put a rock through their windshields ya know?
Good to know! Thanks. I'm fairly new to the off-roading scene so much to learn. That said I still think I can find tires, wheels, suspension and lift for this thing cheaper than what ford is offering. Just want to make sure I'm accounting for everything!

Inmtns

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a whole giant thread about this already with detailed diagrams and measurements. They determined that 33s would fit without a lift. You can try to search for that thread. Sorry, I don't remember the title.
Does anybody know the name of this thread southern girl is talking about?
This conversation is what I have been looking for.
Does anyone know how much the suspension on the sas package lifts the truck?
I am not sure i like the tires and wheels on the sas package and am thinking about getting non sas and upgrading it my way.
Are there any pics of any non sas broncos with upgraded wheels and tires?
Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure i like the tires and wheels on the sas package and am thinking about getting non sas and upgrading it my way.
Thanks
I went hunting through the forum and there are a bunch of threads on upgrading the tires alone, but haven't found one that talks about a true overhaul of the suspension etc. instead of getting it from ford.

That said on the B&P the SAS is $5K. Through my own research I've found 35in tires for about $1K, 17in wheels for about $1,200 (bronze on the antimatter is gonna look sick!), and suspension/lift kits ranging from $500 - $1,300 (and that includes the same Bilstein system or comparable Fox shocks). So even if you went high end and tack on labor, you are still saving vs buying the SAS from Ford, and you get a custom look.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 9.32.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.11.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.11.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.14.35 AM.png

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks
Look for @jaruss01 content. Specifically in the Tires/Wheels sub-forum. He did the work.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks
I believe the Overland concept Bronco has upgraded wheels (35s, I think), but it's not a sasquatch. It's the one with the tent on the back and the back windows replaced with inserts.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a few things that you are omitting - Front & rear lockers, 4.7 gears, and you would also have to calibrate the speedo, and lastly the Dana M220's. Also, the cost of installation. All that could possible put you past $5K.

I went hunting through the forum and there are a bunch of threads on upgrading the tires alone, but haven't found one that talks about a true overhaul of the suspension etc. instead of getting it from ford.

That said on the B&P the SAS is $5K. Through my own research I've found 35in tires for about $1K, 17in wheels for about $1,200 (bronze on the antimatter is gonna look sick!), and suspension/lift kits ranging from $500 - $1,300 (and that includes the same Bilstein system or comparable Fox shocks). So even if you went high end and tack on labor, you are still saving vs buying the SAS from Ford, and you get a custom look.

Ford Bronco Upgrading Outer Banks w/o Sasquatch Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.14.35 AM

Ford Bronco Upgrading Outer Banks w/o Sasquatch Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 10.14.35 AM

OP
OP
Kekov721

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a few things that you are omitting - Front & rear lockers, 4.7 gears, and you would also have to calibrate the speedo, and lastly the Dana M220's. Also, the cost of installation. All that could possible put you past $5K.
True on the meter calibration forgot about that. Configured it with the rear locking diff (is front necessary?) Same question for the front axel. (bearing in mind i configured with 4.27 gears on a 4door)

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know! Thanks. I'm fairly new to the off-roading scene so much to learn. That said I still think I can find tires, wheels, suspension and lift for this thing cheaper than what ford is offering. Just want to make sure I'm accounting for everything!
Unfortunately you really can’t do it cheaper. Not with everything that SQ includes. Along with the lift, wheels and tires, you have upgraded shocks, stronger front diff and axles, and front and rear lockers.

Those numbers you listed for lift and tires are very optimistic. You’re not getting 5 35” tires for 1k. You might get 4 but they won’t be good ones.

Also you posted a lift kit for jeeps. Jeeps are solid front axle which are much cheaper to lift generally than IFS. I wouldn’t use that as a reference point at all. Nobody knows what the process will really be like to lift a Bronco yet.

I guess if you see no value in stronger front axles, diff and lockers you could probably get close. Still doesn’t make much sense though compared to getting a complete package done from the factory and warranties.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look for @jaruss01 content. Specifically in the Tires/Wheels sub-forum. He did the work.
That I did. What was determined is that you cant go past a 11.2" wide tire mounted to stock rims, given the control arm. Furthermore, you cant go bigger in diameter past around ~33.7" without modifying or removing the crash bars. Although that could still rub, hard to say, since I ran the numbers in a "static" environment with no articulation. 33s are safe, and something approaching 34s probably not as safe.

Depending on what you want, you will need to find a rim with a 25-35 offset, no wider than 8" (which is super limiting - maybe less than 100 wheels on the market with a 6x5.5 bolt pattern), then get 34-35" tires. If you're thinking like 12" wide tires, they will poke almost 2 inches on each side, so youll also need to buy sas flares or aftermarket flares. Remove the crash bars, then do all of the suspension mods with a lift, gearing, etc etc that others have mentioned.

Last edited:

Mahin2021

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 TD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately you really can’t do it cheaper. Not with everything that SQ includes. Along with the lift, wheels and tires, you have upgraded shocks, stronger front diff and axles, and front and rear lockers.

Those numbers you listed for lift and tires are very optimistic. You’re not getting 5 35” tires for 1k. You might get 4 but they won’t be good ones.

Also you posted a lift kit for jeeps. Jeeps are solid front axle which are much cheaper to lift generally than IFS. I wouldn’t use that as a reference point at all. Nobody knows what the process will really be like to lift a Bronco yet.

I guess if you see no value in stronger front axles, diff and lockers you could probably get close. Still doesn’t make much sense though compared to getting a complete package done from the factory and warranties.
My son has an outer banks and wants to take my Sasquatch/ bilstien coil overs to lift his OB. Your thoughts?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My son has an outer banks and wants to take my Sasquatch/ bilstien coil overs to lift his OB. Your thoughts?
A non-sasquatch Outer Banks with 33.5 tires and Badlands Bilsteins 4.27 gears, rear locker only. These rims and tires fit with the stock OBX shocks and springs.

Soon to have the HOSS 3.0 steering rack. The Sasquatch shocks and springs will give you another 1/2" lift.

Ford Bronco Upgrading Outer Banks w/o Sasquatch IMG_20220910_181104

Rims are 17x9 +30 offset and tires are 295/70R17 (33.5" measured).

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can’t do better than Sas. The extra mechanicals can’t be ignored. It’s much cheaper to get Sas and then add the OBX fender flares. Or if you hate giant fender flares and the Sas wheels get a Badlands.
Sponsored