Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What dealership is yours going to from there? I will let you know if I get any more details on what the hold is if the GM gets back to me next week with any more info. Best of luck getting yours soon!
I'm at Grappone in Bow, NH. I appreciate any info you might have to pass on, and I'll return the favor for sure. Good luck to you, too! So close!
Sponsored

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, sad to say, I have reached my boiling point with this whole experience.

I am an original reservation holder with 2021 MSRP price lock guarantee from Ford and the dealership. My Bronco was built late September of this year and was held up from delivery on the rail until late Nov. It arrived to the final destination railyard here in MA a little over an hour away from the dealership on Dec. 4th and still has not been transported to the dealership. My estimated delivery date has been pushed back a week or two every week since the original estimate of mid-October (like many of us on here) and when I called Ford the other day they said it is now pushed to Dec. 31st.

So, that is the pertinent background info. The problem is that when I called Ford a few times over the last couple months every rep. tells me my price protection certificate expires at the end of this year. And all 3 Ford reps. told me they didn't think a new one would be issued for the new year and that I must talk to the dealership and see if they will still honor the price.

Well, my dealer gave me my out the door price back in early October and I got the bank check then thinking it would be at the dealership any day. Now the dealer is saying they will only honor that price protection if Ford does even after I told him that multiple reps said after the 31st it won't be honored by Ford but up the dealership. After threatening to write bad reviews, this lazy dealer got off his ass and spoke to the owner who told him that is not true and price protection would still be honored but I got nothing offical in writing besides his vague email saying that. (I do have email proof of the exact price we agreed upon in October if that matters) I plan on driving down to the dealership today and even told them I would be willing to buy it 100% today before I go away for the next week and do the paperwork and pretend like the vehicle is there and just do registration and inspection when it actually arrives and he shut that down saying it is not possible to do a transaction on a vehicle not yet in stock.

So, my questions to you:

1) Is it true original reservation holders will no longer get Price protection in 2023? I thought we did?

2) What can I say or do to get the dealership to put it in writing that we have already a deal in place for specific price as this has been the agreement for the last 21 months now and they are making it sound like I will still get it at MSRP, BUT 2023 MSRP not 2021. This pisses me off because why should I pay 2023 pricing on a 2022 Bronco that I have 2021 MSRP pricing on?

3) Any other words of advice so I don't land in jail today if this all goes even more sour on me?
Just send the dealer a bullet point email stating your understanding of the situation and that you have been told that the price protection will be honored even if the 22 model is delivered in 23 and then conclude the email by asking them to respond if anything in your email is incorrect and that you are relying on your understanding going forward.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good idea. Thanks! I will no longer communicate with guy I have been dealing with the last 1.5 years since he is useless, so I will do that with the GM instead and hopefully he is a bit more responsive.

Other guy just dodges the important points and basically have to get to the level of very upset or borderline threatning before he will get off his ask and talk to someone more knowledgable than him at the dealership.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, sad to say, I have reached my boiling point with this whole experience.

I am an original reservation holder with 2021 MSRP price lock guarantee from Ford and the dealership. My Bronco was built late September of this year and was held up from delivery on the rail until late Nov. It arrived to the final destination railyard here in MA a little over an hour away from the dealership on Dec. 4th and still has not been transported to the dealership. My estimated delivery date has been pushed back a week or two every week since the original estimate of mid-October (like many of us on here) and when I called Ford the other day they said it is now pushed to Dec. 31st.

So, that is the pertinent background info. The problem is that when I called Ford a few times over the last couple months every rep. tells me my price protection certificate expires at the end of this year. And all 3 Ford reps. told me they didn't think a new one would be issued for the new year and that I must talk to the dealership and see if they will still honor the price.

Well, my dealer gave me my out the door price back in early October and I got the bank check then thinking it would be at the dealership any day. Now the dealer is saying they will only honor that price protection if Ford does even after I told him that multiple reps said after the 31st it won't be honored by Ford but up the dealership. After threatening to write bad reviews, this lazy dealer got off his ass and spoke to the owner who told him that is not true and price protection would still be honored but I got nothing offical in writing besides his vague email saying that. (I do have email proof of the exact price we agreed upon in October if that matters) I plan on driving down to the dealership today and even told them I would be willing to buy it 100% today before I go away for the next week and do the paperwork and pretend like the vehicle is there and just do registration and inspection when it actually arrives and he shut that down saying it is not possible to do a transaction on a vehicle not yet in stock.

So, my questions to you:

1) Is it true original reservation holders will no longer get Price protection in 2023? I thought we did?

2) What can I say or do to get the dealership to put it in writing that we have already a deal in place for specific price as this has been the agreement for the last 21 months now and they are making it sound like I will still get it at MSRP, BUT 2023 MSRP not 2021. This pisses me off because why should I pay 2023 pricing on a 2022 Bronco that I have 2021 MSRP pricing on?

3) Any other words of advice so I don't land in jail today if this all goes even more sour on me?
Hey Delli555, you have an easy solution, go into your dealer and have them sign a Purchase Agreement with you, signed by you and them, and you are now protected. If they will not sign a Purchase Agreement, they are not an honorable dealership. Good luck...

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
arrived to the final destination railyard here in MA a little over an hour away from the dealership on Dec. 4th and still has not been transported to the dealership.
If its this close to the dealership, why haven't they sent a driver to pick it up?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If its this close to the dealership, why haven't they sent a driver to pick it up?
I mentioned that happened in another case recently and the dealer said they canā€™t pick it up even if they wanted to because Ford has it on ā€œholdā€ at the railyard holding lot.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Delli555, you have an easy solution, go into your dealer and have them sign a Purchase Agreement with you, signed by you and them, and you are now protected. If they will not sign a Purchase Agreement, they are not an honorable dealership. Good luck...
I do have one but that was from March of 2021 so who knows if they will still honor it and I think at the time it said MSRP and not an exact number, but I will have to go back and look at it. I am now working with a different salesman he seems to be clueless and he gave me an exact number I was happy with 2 months ago I have documented in an email but he saying if Ford does drop my price protection at end of month then they wonā€™t honor it and I could be paying more. He doesnā€™t know how to communicate effectively, so he has left me confused and pissed off which is why I had drive 35 minutes to go to dealership in person yesterday to speak with the GM. I saw the salesman and didnā€™t even say hi to him because he is useless and like I said was so infuriated by him the last few months felt like could end really ugly if I had to deal with him another minute.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eventually this fiasco will be in the rear view mirror when you drive off the lot in your new Bronco.

Good luck, wish you the best on closing deal.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have one but that was from March of 2021 so who knows if they will still honor it and I think at the time it said MSRP and not an exact number, but I will have to go back and look at it. I am now working with a different salesman he seems to be clueless and he gave me an exact number I was happy with 2 months ago I have documented in an email but he saying if Ford does drop my price protection at end of month then they wonā€™t honor it and I could be paying more. He doesnā€™t know how to communicate effectively, so he has left me confused and pissed off which is why I had drive 35 minutes to go to dealership in person yesterday to speak with the GM. I saw the salesman and didnā€™t even say hi to him because he is useless and like I said was so infuriated by him the last few months felt like could end really ugly if I had to deal with him another minute.
Good evening Delli555, a couple of things:
1- you would have had to place a re-order for a 2022 model, hopefully they updated your Purchase Agreement at the same time. Check to see if they did this. If not, the PA should ensure that you get msrp for what ever model year you end up with.
2- You can choose whoever you wish to deal with. i definitely agree with you to never deal with that one salesman again.
3- How did your meeting go with the GM? I would let him/her know you wish to deal from this point on with a different salesman. Ask him who he/she would recommend.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good evening Delli555, a couple of things:
1- you would have had to place a re-order for a 2022 model, hopefully they updated your Purchase Agreement at the same time. Check to see if they did this. If not, the PA should ensure that you get msrp for what ever model year you end up with.
2- You can choose whoever you wish to deal with. i definitely agree with you to never deal with that one salesman again.
3- How did your meeting go with the GM? I would let him/her know you wish to deal from this point on with a different salesman. Ask him who he/she would recommend.
Sounds like all solid advice.
I donā€™t think I was given a new purchase agreement with the 2022 orderā€¦only the original one from 2021. However I did notice the original one he actually wrote 21/22 model year on it, so that should still apply then since Ford built me a ā€˜22 and not a ā€˜23, right?

Yes, I will let the GM know I am no longer wanting to work with that salesman. I feel like I gave him every chance to help me and make a little effort and he only managed to say all the wrong things GS and do nothing to try and help satisfy me as a customer, so the relationship must be terminated going forward.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like all solid advice.
I donā€™t think I was given a new purchase agreement with the 2022 orderā€¦only the original one from 2021. However I did notice the original one he actually wrote 21/22 model year on it, so that should still apply then since Ford built me a ā€˜22 and not a ā€˜23, right?

Yes, I will let the GM know I am no longer wanting to work with that salesman. I feel like I gave him every chance to help me and make a little effort and he only managed to say all the wrong things GS and do nothing to try and help satisfy me as a customer, so the relationship must be terminated going forward.
That is good to read that your PA is written with a 21/22 year. As you are getting a '22, your PA should be binding! I would suggest being pro-active and discuss it with the GM tomorrow, before this year runs out.
He can also then introduce you to his best salesman to deal with moving forward.
I am optimistic for you.
Sponsored