First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks mpeugeot. Appreciate the input on the lux options, which I agree with - ACC is first with the heated steering wheel close behind. Use them constantly on my current FORD rides (Expedition & Explorer) The whole thing is a matter of principle. Early reservation holders helped Ford hype the Bronco...even legitimize it. Now we are being dropped like a stone and dealers are most likely marking up the vehicles they get that we have walked away from.

Can a dealer retrofit the ACC and or heated steering wheel or is it just the aftemarket mechanics?
Sponsored

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"A small handful" of people have contracted a disease known as COVID-19.
small handful of people. Handfull meaning 5. Or like when you scoop in a bowl of peanuts and you get a “Handfull” I go for the second one.

Vicman12

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future- 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands now-Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmmm so , I changed my Black Diamond with hard top and Sasquatch order to a badlands soft top, no Sasquatch. Looks like I won’t get the $2,500 :( will I still at least the the private offer (ordered 2/2/2022) ?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks mpeugeot. Appreciate the input on the lux options, which I agree with - ACC is first with the heated steering wheel close behind. Use them constantly on my current FORD rides (Expedition & Explorer) The whole thing is a matter of principle. Early reservation holders helped Ford hype the Bronco...even legitimize it. Now we are being dropped like a stone and dealers are most likely marking up the vehicles they get that we have walked away from.

Can a dealer retrofit the ACC and or heated steering wheel or is it just the aftemarket mechanics?
I don't know what a dealer is or is not willing to do. I just know what I can do.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is an excerpt from dealer email earlier this week: "
Ford has identified the following revisions that would need to be made on your current order to qualify for guaranteed production in the 2023 model year:

1) You would need to move from the Lux Package to the HIGH Package (you would lose Bang and Olufsen Audio, Adaptive Cruise Control, Connected Built in Navigation, Evasive Steering Assist, Heated Steering Wheel, Dashboard Smart Charging USB Ports, Universal Garage Door Opener and Wireless Charging Pad)

2) Change from a Molded in Color Top to a SOFT TOP with Hardtop Prep Kit.

3) Delete Sasquatch Package"

SO....the only Bronco they can deliver is basically a stripped down base of all base models??!! What does this say about Ford as a manufacturer?!?!

I'm 900-plus days and three model years into this FIASCO. The email also said "XXX Ford Lincoln was selected by The Ford Motor Company to receive it's FULL allocation of 2023 Broncos.." So their definition of "Full Allocation" is merely the same number of vehicles they ordered, regardless of specification. What is this, communist Europe in the 1970s?!??
Ford will continue to build all models and configurations. There is just a marginal imbalance of parts to demand. The offer was made in attempt to get some to change their build so they have better parts balance. They are attempting to scheduled as many possible prior to MY23 order banks opening in March. It’s worth is to some because the 2500+ price protection is a big chunk off on top of the MSRP difference. You can take no action and hope it’s built in MY23, if not it will be cancelled and lose PP.

Sponsored

jhudak2

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got my official “we’re not building your bronco” email from Ford.

1C849827-785F-4D18-9D84-278C6187B4ED.png

Updated with more posted by @Min_Ahn:

37eaf36b-ae1a-4979-accf-31f2dbff9830-jpeg.jpg
I just spoke with my Ford rep and she stated that Ford has not reached out to her about changing my order (She stated that this Is really good) and I will be receiving a 2023 model ( I believe it when I receive a real e-mail confirmation) but fingers crossed April 21st 2021 ordered placed, 4 door Wildtrak, Lux package, Leather Seats

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spoke with my Ford rep and she stated that Ford has not reached out to her about changing my order (She stated that this Is really good) and I will be receiving a 2023 model ( I believe it when I receive a real e-mail confirmation) but fingers crossed April 21st 2021 ordered placed, 4 door Wildtrak, Lux package, Leather Seats
Not trying to rain on your parade but…..last year the ford customer service reps told me I’d have my bronco in my driveway by December 16th……… and I got that email lol

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By reading the FAQs yes, but does say Lightning is excluded.
Hmmmm. If so it maybe a good deal to do the f150 tremor plus the pco plus an under invoice deal….

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So regarding high package vs lux.

"You would need to move from the Lux Package to the HIGH Package (you would lose Bang and Olufsen Audio, Adaptive Cruise Control, Connected Built in Navigation, Evasive Steering Assist, Heated Steering Wheel, Dashboard Smart Charging USB Ports, Universal Garage Door Opener and Wireless Charging Pad)"

B&O - save your money, it sucks
Adaptive Cruise Control - add it later
Navigation - nearly anything else is better.
Evasive Steering Assist - never needed it.
Heated Steering wheel - legit PITA to retrofit and legit complaint for some. It is marginal as far as the heat.
Dashboard USB - easy to retrofit or use something else.
Universal Garage Opener - easy retrofit.
Wireless Charging Pad - Junk, unless you like baking phones.

The only legitimate complaint really is the heated steering wheel, which is a pain in the ass to retrofit. ACC is not a difficult retrofit, but still I understand those concerns too.

Everything else is just JUNK or easily retrofitted. It's not worth the extra money. I have the Lux package and I love the ACC... everything else, didn't really make a difference.
Please explain how you add ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL LATER.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do a search, there's an entire thread on it here on B6G.
Good to know. I assumed it wasn’t possible as I’ve looked into it with my Gladiator. I’ll check it out. Thanks again.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone know if this will work?
1 - For existing WT order with a MY23 Transition Offer of $2395 (wasn't a WT at that time so lower amount here), downgrade to BL and to softtop with high package to get $2500 order modification Private Offer
2 - Find a WT on dealer lot and use both the MY23 Transition offer as well as the $2500 modification offer on that vehicle

Or is the modification private offer tied to a VIN?
Sponsored