LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup… got quoted 45K on my 6 month old 17,500 mile Badlands 2-dr. 2.7 high package, leather, towing. Sticker was 59 and change.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to a few dealers and the offer on my 23, OBX, 3K miles, SAS Hard top was $43,000 for the highest offer, I will keep it with that kind of hit.
I'll probably never sell my '23 base Bronco, but for kicks just checked on Carvana, and they sent me an offer nearly 10k more than I paid for it.

For people interested in resale value, similar to Wranglers the base versions are generally the way to go. Adding a bunch of features for future pay off, doesn't always pay off.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every few months I check my 21 Basesquatch out on carvana and noticed about a 3k-4k drop in value.

I have a lease and was considering a buyout in October; however, at this rate it seems like there will be zero or negative equity at that point.

Anyone else notice a huge drop off or is this just a carvana issue?
Same Dealer that I bought a “used” 2021 Bronco Big Bend sold it to us at 51K ( had 3000 miles on it) and then when I went to sell it back last month.. They only offered me 28k ( just 6000 miles on it).. Talk about a big drop in two model years.. Yes, I’m angry ! But, we bought into it ….

OP
OP
Googz13

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll probably never sell my '23 base Bronco, but for kicks just checked on Carvana, and they sent me an offer nearly 10k more than I paid for it.

For people interested in resale value, similar to Wranglers the base versions are generally the way to go. Adding a bunch of features for future pay off, doesn't always pay off.
Is yours a two door? Seems like the four door values are doomed.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is yours a two door? Seems like the four door values are doomed.
@indio22 is part of the 2-dr gang. There are a ton of moar doors. Their value won't hold. There was someone here trying to argue the opposite a few months ago with the basis of his argument being that the 4-dr will appeal to more buyers. Problem is there is no supply constraint on them. Whereas if someone is wanting a 2-dr, it isn't as easy to just order one as they still are only 18% of the build capacity.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Current MSRP on my 2 door Badlands 7MT is like $8k more than it was in 2021 for same specs so dealers discounting off MSRP for new shouldn’t make anyone feel better.

I would sell private party if I were looking to sell

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Current MSRP on my 2 door Badlands 7MT is like $8k more than it was in 2021 for same specs so dealers discounting off MSRP for new shouldn’t make anyone feel better.

I would sell private party if I were looking to sell
For reference/context Carvana gave me 44k for my 2 door Badlands SAS/Lux 2.7 auto (MSRP in 2021 was 55k) with less than 7k miles and no damage. Note to future self, keep OEM parts intact if the plan down the road is to add aftermarket goodies...I was able to grab some things off mine before it went (even top shelf aftermarket goodies won't move the CarMax/Carvana needle much), but couldn't get all of them off because I had sold my swappable stuff like front and rear bumpers.

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been watching the used market on these very closely as well. I have a heritage scheduled for a March build and plan on trading in my 2 door Basesquatch. If they low ball me on the trade in, I'll really have to think about walking. It will be hard to justify trading a vehicle I'm right side up in and happy with and jump into a vehicle I know will be underwater in the day I take it home. So far the 2 Dr SAS units seem to be losing value, but at nowhere near the rate of the others. We will see in a few months.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For reference/context Carvana gave me 44k for my 2 door Badlands SAS/Lux 2.7 auto (MSRP in 2021 was 55k) with less than 7k miles and no damage. Note to future self, keep OEM parts intact if the plan down the road is to add aftermarket goodies...I was able to grab some things off mine before it went (even top shelf aftermarket goodies won't move the CarMax/Carvana needle much), but couldn't get all of them off because I had sold my swappable stuff like front and rear bumpers.
As a general rule, aftermarket products will never hold the value than what was paid. The only way to get close is to find the buyer via private party sale that has the same build goals as the seller.

If selling or trading to a third-party reseller, one might as well strip it down to the bare components. The resellers don't care if there are skid plates and steel bumpers. They just care that it has a front/rear bumper, wheels, no physical damage, and no mechanical issues.

People would be best served to find takeoff plastic bumpers, Hitachi shocks, and the maligned OBX wheels/tires to return their Bronco to a "stock" configuration even if it isn't what the configuration was on their original window sticker.

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been watching the used market on these very closely as well. I have a heritage scheduled for a March build and plan on trading in my 2 door Basesquatch. If they low ball me on the trade in, I'll really have to think about walking. It will be hard to justify trading a vehicle I'm right side up in and happy with and jump into a vehicle I know will be underwater in the day I take it home. So far the 2 Dr SAS units seem to be losing value, but at nowhere near the rate of the others. We will see in a few months.
Let me know when you are going to sell your 2 door basesquatch please. I'm in metro Detroit

Reactions: 0ne

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every few months I check my 21 Basesquatch out on carvana and noticed about a 3k-4k drop in value.

I have a lease and was considering a buyout in October; however, at this rate it seems like there will be zero or negative equity at that point.

Anyone else notice a huge drop off or is this just a carvana issue?
The issue is many paid MSRP, and some even more, for these vehicles when they should have been paying 10-15% under MSRP. Now that supply is catching up with demand the prices are rapidly coming back down to reality.

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The entire Auto industry is going through a major adjustment. Market values change in general, but this is an abnormal shift. Values will continue to decline for the next year if not longer.

Auto Lenders are taking a blood bath on repos. Sub prime loans aren’t available. Even people with credit are facing double digit rates, with large down payments required. This has shrunk the number of buyers. On top of that dealer new car inventory is the highest it has been in 3 years, and that was with a strike.
Sponsored