MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a good scenario if you leased. Nothing is “underwater”. Lease again or negotiate to purchase the vehicle at market value. In any scenario, you paid less depreciation than actual during the term.
Are you seeing low mileage Sas Bronco' for $32k in your area? I'm not.
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was genuinely curious, I'm 2.5 years into ownership, I don't plan to ever get rid of my Bronco. I just paid it off last week (great feeling) and had not looked at values in a long time. I paid $56.9k Nov 2021, MSRP was $58.6k and I had a 2.6% interest rate. I have 14.5k miles on it now and it's perfect, zero damage. I was pleasantly surprised by the current value, even though it has no meaning to me.

Local market is still tough, inventory is still very, very low. Used prices are still high, part of that is the "Alaska tax". Bottom line, this is a mass production vehicle so it was never going to be some kind of golden ticket forever.

Ford Bronco Used Value Dropping Fast Screenshot_20240204_095302_Chrome

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was curious and checked my dealer's Bronco inventory and it says they have 32 in stock. LOL
13 Raptors
8 Wildtrak
5 Badlands
2 Big Bend
4 Outer Banks

The market is just correcting itself from the craziness we had the past few years.
🙏 to those who willingly paid ADM.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Cars and trucks are my thing. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, lie, cheat or steal. Weird huh? I don't buy expensive clothes, furniture or any of the things a lot of people do. I do like good food.

So I buy a vehicle every two or three years. I try not to get screwed at the dealer but I'm not afraid to pay for what I want. Buying new vehicles is losing money, no doubt. But to so are the vices I listed above.

I'm happy with where we are at on our Bronco values.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here. The member you quoted seemed to not be realistic. lol
My post was in regards to the OP, who has a buyout price of $32k and thinks he was upside down.

Last edited:

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You made some good points but Ford hasn't changed the sauce for the most part: the 2024 Bronco is pretty much the 2021 Bronco; only the '24 sasquatched Broncos get the Hoss 3.0 steering rack/tie rods. Most broncos are ordered non-SQ.

The biggest depreciation hit is taxes & fees. In California you get hit 10% for those, then add the usual $2k in "destination fees" from the Ford dealer, so all in you lose about 15% when buying new right off the bat.

Sponsored

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you seeing low mileage Sas Bronco' for $32k in your area? I'm not.
I have not, I was just commenting on the premise of the OP’s concern. If their Bronco actually depreciated more than the negotiated residual value on their lease, that’s a good thing. The lender eats the additional depreciation. Buy it, or another vehicle at the lower value.

As to the actual numbers, I can only take them for their word. In the MSP metro, values seem to be holding quite well.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You made some good points but Ford hasn't changed the sauce for the most part: the 2024 Bronco is pretty much the 2021 Bronco; only the '24 sasquatched Broncos get the Hoss 3.0 steering rack/tie rods. Most broncos are ordered non-SQ.

The biggest depreciation hit is taxes & fees. In California you get hit 10% for those, then add the usual $2k in "destination fees" from the Ford dealer, so all in you lose about 15% when buying new right off the bat.
With WT's, BL's, HE's, EG plus adding Sas to the remaining 3, I'd guess most customer ordered Bronco's will have the Hoss 3.0 rack.

Last edited:

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ya, 9% tax here and that hurts when it's something like a loaded out vehicle.
We do get a bit of a break when trading in, you pay the tax on the difference between trade in value and the one you are buying.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Airlines and travel site 100% do this. Always clear your browser history when booking any travel.
Do that, but most importantly use a VPN. You can shop by city by changing your VPN server to different cities to get the best rate.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was genuinely curious, I'm 2.5 years into ownership, I don't plan to ever get rid of my Bronco. I just paid it off last week (great feeling) and had not looked at values in a long time. I paid $56.9k Nov 2021, MSRP was $58.6k and I had a 2.6% interest rate. I have 14.5k miles on it now and it's perfect, zero damage. I was pleasantly surprised by the current value, even though it has no meaning to me.

Local market is still tough, inventory is still very, very low. Used prices are still high, part of that is the "Alaska tax". Bottom line, this is a mass production vehicle so it was never going to be some kind of golden ticket forever.

Ford Bronco Used Value Dropping Fast Screenshot_20240204_095302_Chrome
I live in a very different world apparently!

Ford Bronco Used Value Dropping Fast Screenshot_20240205-120108

They are high AF, although I think that my Bronco is in Excellent condition, that would only be $1k higher than this value.
Sponsored