First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Tractor, 76 Bronco, 03 Ranger, 20 F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for the write up and photos. The RJ45 port is great and makes for a factory like job. I used the MTM plate but did all of my bending at the mounting ears to get it to clear everything. I went a different route for mic mounting and ordered the MOSH with rail and BALLS with 67 Design carbon arm with MAG MIC, still waiting on the MOSH from Arch Racing. Thanks again!
Glad to hear that you got it working well for you. The 67 Design arm and Mag Mic are awesome and work very well. I've had my rig on many off-road trips with everything in the car bouncing around but, no rattle from the radio mount and the Mag Mic stays solidly in place!
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the clean low profile look of the KR Off-Road ditch light brackets and that it has no logos, but the Baja Designs light bracket would get in the way of the Mountains To Metal style one. Can anyone recommend a M2M style bracket for mounting at the a pillar while retaining my existing mount?

Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount 1000015914

Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount 1000015918

Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount 1000015914

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator can we make this a sticky thread? I found it super helpful to install mine, but also found myself hunting to find it through the forums.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To add to the great information shared in this thread I wanted to add my experience also. After a sad debacle with Midland (tested radio-good, ran all wiring, tested again-good, cleaned everything up and finished install, tested again-good. Turned radio on next day-radio failed). I don’t mind the failed unit as much as the horrible customer service system they’ve chosen to adopt. Anyway, radio, external speaker, antenna mounts and antenna all going back. I’ve moved on to a Wouxun Kg1000g+.

Since I had both units at once (planned to uninstall Midland and re-install Wouxun), I was able to compare them. Even though I’ve seen here that the Wouxun wouldn’t fit in the area above the glove box on the M2M mount, I noticed that the Wouxun was actually slightly smaller.
Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount IMG_0459

Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount IMG_0458

So, I attempted to mount it the same as I had with the Midland as explained by the OP. The challenge wasn’t the radio, but the damned mount Wouxun included. It’s pretty tall compared to the midlands’, so this created some challenges. TIP #1: In the end I installed everything and THEN tightened down the bolts between the M2M mount and Wouxun mount. Worked great. She’s tucked in snug as a bug. I did add the weatherstripping as suggested earlier to provide padding. TIP #2 Install the radio programming cable into its port before installing the radio. You won’t get to it post-install. I also installed the radio so the speakers (which are on “top”) are pointing downward towards the footwell to improve sound.

Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount IMG_0460

(looking forward through glove box opening)
Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount IMG_0461

As to everything else, the install went very similar to the when I installed the Midland using the OP’s method. I ran the faceplate control cable up to above the sun visor as I’ve seen elsewhere. I have a M2M Sasquatch basket that conveniently has holes that matched my Magnetic Mic mount. I installed that on the passenger side of the basket so I could tuck the cable up out of the way when not in use. It all went well.
Ford Bronco Very Clean Midland MXT575 GMRS Radio Install with Mountains2Metal Bracket and 67 Designs Mic Mount IMG_0462

I powered the radio via the delayed accessory location as outline in this document:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/bronco-compressed-pdf.234161/

via this method in another post I made:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/control-additional-lights-with-high-beams…solution-finally.86891/post-2142695

Much thanks for the OP for this thread and all the input from others.

Good Luck!

One quick update:
If your considering this faceplate install location, make sure you understand the limits of the display backlighting. There are very limited settings(on, off, off after X seconds). There’s no dim and no text color or backlighting options. At Dark-thirty in the morning it just blasts you in the eyes. Not great for driving visibility.

Last edited:

husker73

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone tried the M2M bracket with the ICOM 5100?
Sponsored