Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@popo_patty
Outstanding. All of it.
Thanks as always.
My takeaway is that 2-3” lifted on 37’s are suggested.
What would the minimum 6G setup your crew has snow wheeled with?
Stock height Badlands, or non-Sas 33’s?

sorry bout the drone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@popo_patty
Outstanding. All of it.
Thanks as always.
My takeaway is that 2-3” lifted on 37’s are suggested.
What would the minimum 6G setup your crew has snow wheeled with?
Stock height Badlands, or non-Sas 33’s?

sorry bout the drone.
Good times are always had. I prefer 37’s for sure in deep snow but the goal is to stay on top haha. Minimum I’ve wheeled with in deep snow was stock Badlands on 33’s. 35’s and 37’s definitely make it easier though. 33’s just don’t clear the deep stuff if you can’t stay on top. Snow wheeling is a whole different game and varies depending on type of snow too.

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So in the video it’s kinetic ropes being used that stretch. It’s very safe when used with soft shackles and is very strong (when used appropriately). A slow pull won’t always pull someone out that’s stuck.
This is the appropriate method vs using a strap to pull.
Well, for what it's worth, I think it depends; the relative weight of the 2 vehicles and torque make a big difference. I have pulled countless folks out of some serious deep trouble with straps using my '95 F250 7.3l, manual, 4wd. BUT, most times I am the heavier vehicle and my 250 has oceans of low end torque. So I believe there are exceptions to the kinetic rope rules.
Just my experience.

However, I do agree with you in context and for my Bronco I'm adding kinetic since it's considerably lighter with relatively less torque.

Either way, it's most important to know what you're doing so you can a.) get the job done, and b.) keep everyone safe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, for what it's worth, I think it depends; the relative weight of the 2 vehicles and torque make a big difference. I have pulled countless folks out of some serious deep trouble with straps using my '95 F250 7.3l, manual, 4wd. BUT, most times I am the heavier vehicle and my 250 has oceans of low end torque. So I believe there are exceptions to the kinetic rope rules.
Just my experience.

However, I do agree with you in context and for my Bronco I'm adding kinetic since it's considerably lighter with relatively less torque.

Either way, it's most important to know what you're doing so you can a.) get the job done, and b.) keep everyone safe.
100%! There is a time and place for many different situations. I try to avoid going super deep into details on recoveries via messages as there are so many variables. I’m no expert but I have approx 500 recoveries under my belt using almost every type of equipment on a variety of terrain from sand, snow, Rubicon, desert, etc. I leave the advice to the experts though. I’ve made plenty of my own mistakes in an attempt to placate people trying to rush getting unstuck. #1 advice I give is slow it down and be safe!
Biggest mistake I’ve seen is hook a strap to a tow ball and give it the beans. Didn’t end well.

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I leave the advice to the experts though. I’ve made plenty of my own mistakes in an attempt to placate people trying to rush getting unstuck. #1 advice I give is slow it down and be safe!
Agree completely. I too have more than my share of mistakes but they're much rarer when taking time to think.

Biggest mistake I’ve seen is hook a strap to a tow ball and give it the beans. Didn’t end well.
Yep. When things get airborne it's never good, at least in my experience.

Great video and good info from this thread.
Thanks.
m
Sponsored