John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder where in Texas they would go. If for rock crawling, I would think Katemcy.
I’d love to see them here but I’m not sure Katemcy or Wolf Caves would make them look very good. Tons of traction but tight and technical. I mean there’s mild trails there but when you’re on those you’re not really wheeling these places.
Would be crazy to take a vehicle like these there without a winch. I’d assume they would get hung up ALOT and those body panels would get Thrashed.

Doubt Hidden Falls would be worth it. Trees would be a good one but don’t know how organized those guys are these days.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has there been any mention about disabling the airbags while off road or what actually causes the airbags to deploy?

Autodidactyl

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Moab video, really making me excited for this! I wish that were me in Moab chilling in my new Bronco!

Must wait I guess.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3L Bronco with manual transmission goes reverse up Hummer Hill (37 degree incline) at Moab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
that's all I need to see, it can do anything I'd ever want to do in my own expensive rig, in the highly unlikely case that I'd get into more extreme crawling I'd get a dedicated rig for that. And I don't mind that one front wheel was up in the air here and there, I can't imagine any situation I'd ever drive into where that one wheel would be what moves me if the other 3 are on the ground and have power. Loving it!
I doubt mine will be in my hands before spring next year, summer is too hot for my taste in Moab, maybe a nice autumn trip or then spring 2022.
Well done Ford!
Completely agree. We have known that the “weak point” of the Bronco is it would not be as good in the rocks as a wrangler. Watching these videos the difference is negligible for something that I’m going to daily drive. Bronco is more capable than 99% of people need it to be and I’m honestly super impressed with what they’re putting it through.

My only qualm is how easy the front sway bar will be to manually disconnect. It seems like they have pretty darn good articulation with it disconnected so I’d love to be able to disconnect on my black diamond or base pretty easily...

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has there been any mention about disabling the airbags while off road or what actually causes the airbags to deploy?
Hitting something hard.
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos 1596947121411

or....

Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos 1596947715923

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My
You would be incorrect unfortunately. Bronco is a bit portly. 4 door optioned out is 5,320.
where did you get those numbers from? Because a super crew 4x4 ranger weighs 4,441 and it is mostly steel. The bronco has more aluminum. I would assume the weight to be closer to the wrangler which does weigh less at 4,439 ( 4 door jl rubicon ) That’s from googling the curb weights

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome seeing them run Gold Bar Rim, one of my favorite Moab Trails.

Crawling the Gold Bar Rim Waterfall - Moab, UT

Going Down
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos felix-808-albums-xj-picture60023-100-1691
Coming up
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos felix-808-albums-xj-picture105152-100-1727

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still say something is up. You dont field test with all that crap on it ‘just cause’

theyre hiding something....
Like I mentioned earlier, it's the early prototype. There's a good chance some of the sheetmetal and interior isn't quite right too. Rather than make a bunch of detail obsessed enthusiasts start asking if the prototype with different parts is some special new model we don't know about (instead of the one we saw first and dozens of times already), they just left the camo on it and added it to the herd of test vehicles 'as is'.

This is a situation where the lazy/simple answer makes far more sense.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there is still a lot we're not seeing. Most of the footage has been from people vetted by Ford to be part of this expedition, which probably involves a lot of clauses. I don't know who is involved and what their motivations are.

I never doubted the Bronco could do most of those things if the user was willing to punish it. Hell, you could probably get a good crossover like the Sport or a Cherokee to get to most of those places too, as long as your'e willing to pound on it to get it there. Most of these Broncos are pretty roughed up after the fact, and while some observers presume that means the operators are serious about testing, it leaves me with the question of "could they have gotten there without beating the tar out of it?"

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos felix-808-albums-xj-picture105152-100-1727

I personally prefer the base grill, the simplicity of the design draws me. I will fit one onto my Outer Banks, hopefully it will fit the signature LEDs
My sentiments exactly!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just watched the 8 minute video on the utoobs with my 51" tv, so much better than on the pc but it does somehow make the music suck more. The 2 door is a beast even with "just" 33 inch tires. More machine than I will ever use but I need one anyway.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think there is still a lot we're not seeing. Most of the footage has been from people vetted by Ford to be part of this expedition, which probably involves a lot of clauses. I don't know who is involved and what their motivations are.

I never doubted the Bronco could do most of those things if the user was willing to punish it. Hell, you could probably get a good crossover like the Sport or a Cherokee to get to most of those places too, as long as your'e willing to pound on it to get it there. Most of these Broncos are pretty roughed up after the fact, and while some observers presume that means the operators are serious about testing, it leaves me with the question of "could they have gotten there without beating the tar out of it?"
A number of people have mentioned the stock Jeep Wrangler Rubicon performed similarly to the Bronco, how roughed up was it upon completion?
Sponsored