Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have littles and one threw up on the way home. Vomit went through the car seat into the center rear seat and soaked in. Don't worry, the baby is recovered. Any ideas how to remove this wonderful aroma?
I would use hand held steamer carpet machine to clean it, And then spray odor ban, that stuff really works.

43BA8760-61BB-4DA6-AF34-09E9462B2D27.jpeg
Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A neighbor spilled 2 gal of milk in back seat of car ,the back seat area was swimming in milk.
Professionals came out many times to clean it .
When it got warm that faint sour milk smell would return.
They traded it in no biggie it was a range rover it probably wouldn't have run much longer anyway.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a 2015 GTI with cloth seats and my daughter threw up bright blue ice cream and it went all over the place. Soaked the rear seat where she was sitting and the middle of the seat, plus it went onto the carpet.

I literally thought I was going to have to replace the seat as I would have NEVER thought I could get the stink out.
I was wrong. I persevered and was able to get it back to 100% with absolutely zero issues.

I pulled the rear seat out of the car and proceeded to remove as much of the seat cover as I could. There were some clips that were one-time use, so I stopped there, but had access to the foam of the seat.
I basically wiped off everything that I could with soap and water - over and over again to a point where I didn't think I could do anymore.
I then rented a carpet cleaner from the local grocery store. I went over everything three or four times and set it out in the sun to dry.
After this, I used an enzyme cleaner that instructed you spray it all over and then get a damp cloth and cover the area. I did this several times over a couple of days.
https://www.bissell.com/woolite-carpet-pet-urine-eliminator-10C1.html

After it dried, I put everything back in the car (it was stored outside). Through the heat of summer with the windows up - zero smells. I mean nothing at all. You would never know it happened.

Just be OCD about it and you'll be okay. If you think you can do more - do it. It'll be worth it.

P.s. I took it to two "professional" detailers and they wouldn't touch it.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. It is not. You don't have facts to back that. Claiming its 'common' is just male cow feces.
And how is an "often ... last resort" thing a common practice? By definition that makes it uncommon.

Youtube and TikTok reviews and "how to" videos are sellers' ads in disguise. Just because a video gets posted does not make that subject item "common".

Do your homework before coming to class. Develop a discerning mind. Or expect to get schooled.
Get triggered often. Someone needs a therapy pony.

Sponsored

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quickly, eat good scented foods like citrus so if you vomit in the car the smell will be more pleasant than what you have currently.
Bonus points for eating limes so the "Eruption Green" better fits.
Eruption Green... Hahaha 🤑

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My daughter projectile vomited in my maybe 3 month old Bronco. She was in the back and it hit me in the neck, covered my dash, hit the air vents, etc.... It was something out of a movie.

There are some great tips in this thread, so no need to add another one. But I did want to share that I 100% feel you.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Once cleaned up with whatever chemicals...to remove lingering odor...try emptying a bag of charcoal in pan or bucket and leave in car with windows up for the weekend..
Another solution used car salesman use is an ozone generator...rent it for the weekend and plug in overnight and that will kill it as well

Sponsored
OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Love you! Kindred spirits!!
My daughter projectile vomited in my maybe 3 month old Bronco. She was in the back and it hit me in the neck, covered my dash, hit the air vents, etc.... It was something out of a movie.

There are some great tips in this thread, so no need to add another one. But I did want to share that I 100% feel you.

OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is what has happened so far. Seat was removed and set in the sun for two day. Then i scrubbed the seat cover with a pine sol solution, then scrubbed the foam and pushed the pine sol mixture into the foam. Pressed out the mositure with tons of foam, rinsed and repeated. The seat foam is drying. The small spot on the carpet is didn’t see till yesterday was scapes off with a blade while a shop vas sucked the dust debris. Then scrubbed with a new pine sol mix, less concentrated the rinsed with water then blotted out the mix. Then rinses with a wet, very wet towel the blotted up.

We will see.

BTW and new seat with cover is $414.00.

OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco