W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We have littles and one threw up on the way home. Vomit went through the car seat into the center rear seat and soaked in. Don't worry, the baby is recovered. Any ideas how to remove this wonderful aroma?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RBF 1401 may have some tips on vomit removal...

Do you guys have "Folex" in the USA? It's a product we have here and it's amazing at removing stains and smells from carpet/fabrics. I always keep a bottle at home, and it doesn't let me down.

Alternatively, if you have a portable carpet cleaner, that could help too as it can penetrate the seat and suck out all that "stuff."

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shampoo the seat and carpet if needed.

You could rent a steam cleaner from your local grocery store. Or do it old school - just soak the seat with soapy water. Scrub with a brush to remove debris and stains. And suck the water back out with a shop vac.

Suck as much of the water out as you can with the vac - then leave your windows down for a couple of days to air dry.

Will be good as new.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you're expecting to do this often :oops:

invest in a portable upholstery cleaner/vac like this one:

SpotClean Pro™ Portable Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner by bissell

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this happen with a Toyota Highlander. I eventually gave up and pulled the cloth covers and cleaned the foam and then installed Katzskin leather on the whole car. I never did the doors since the grey "leather" matched the cloth doors just fine. It wasn't a super hard job, but definitely harder than I gave it credit. With kids and pets, non-porous seat material or full-coverage seat covers is a must. Old and spoiled milk/juice is a freaking nightmare. Good luck, I'd try that steam vac trick and maybe some pet stain cleaner.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RBF 1401 may have some tips on vomit removal...

Do you guys have "Folex" in the USA? It's a product we have here and it's amazing at removing stains and smells from carpet/fabrics. I always keep a bottle at home, and it doesn't let me down.

Alternatively, if you have a portable carpet cleaner, that could help too as it can penetrate the seat and suck out all that "stuff."
It was cat vomit I've been cleaning up lately. Luckily it doesn't smell any worse than catfood.

But one of my babies was a puker. And the worst thing about it is that the stomach acid can eat through fabric dye and carpet dye. At first we thought it was the harsh chemicals, but realized that even just regular soap and water the vomit was removing the color. 🤪

I agree with the other comments about carpet shampoo, but I am also a huge fan of Resolve products. And good old-fashioned baking soda is still great at absorbing odors.

But my biggest advice about baby vomit...

Don't worry about keeping your possessions pristine. They can be replaced. Someday that little baby will be old enough to clean up their own vomit, but of course that is usually also when they are old enough to move to another city and you have to open an Instagram account just to keep tabs on if they are okay. 🤣🤣🤣

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My little one vomited on the way home. The smell caused me to vomit. My wife saw me vomit which caused her to vomit as well. Now I'm talking about vomit up to here! Good thing we have the vinyl interior and washout floors.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would imagine following the same procedure folks use when blood leaks from the murder victim they are transporting.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would imagine following the same procedure folks use when blood leaks from the murder victim they are transporting.
Much like Bruno...we don't talk about this.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like it's time for a DIY hardtop removal hoist in your garage. ;)