Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would like to remind you guys that you'll pay the sales tax for whatever area you purchase the car in (ie: Spokane sales tax in Spokane), but where you license the car will automatically trigger the USE TAX adjustment with DOL and they will recoup the sales tax discrepancy between where you license the car's sales tax rate and where you purchased it from.

This link is helpful, and has tools for determining your use tax and how much that bill will be when it comes in the mail, or is assessed when you try to renew your tabs (because sometimes they wait you out!)

How to Calculate Washington Car Tax

There will also be your RTA taxes (if registered in a RTA region), you can calculate your RTA taxes at the link below:
RTA tax calculator

The rules for registering a car in WA that was purchased in OR are at the next link, and yes, you'll pay sales tax.
ehicles brought into Washington from out-of-state

This is why I always have classic cars that were purchased for $100. Aside from being exempt from tolling, which is another benefit to driving pre-1964 cars in WA state :)
Are you sure about the use tax being applied after sales tax after an in-state purchase? I looked up the use tax information and it has this statement:

Use tax
What is use tax?
Use tax is the tax which is assessed on the use of any tangible personal property in Washington, on which retail sales or use tax has not already been paid.
https://dor.wa.gov/education/industry-guides/auto-dealers/use-tax

If you already paid sales tax it reads to me that you won’t be charged use tax.

Walrus

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru 2020 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you sure about the use tax being applied after sales tax after an in-state purchase? I looked up the use tax information and it has this statement:

Use tax
What is use tax?
Use tax is the tax which is assessed on the use of any tangible personal property in Washington, on which retail sales or use tax has not already been paid.
https://dor.wa.gov/education/industry-guides/auto-dealers/use-tax

If you already paid sales tax it reads to me that you won’t be charged use tax.
If you buy out of state and pay sales tax on it, you’ll have to make up the difference for Washington sales tax (this is the use tax) when you register it.
But if you buy anywhere in Washington then you don’t have to pay use tax.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
^ Yup!

It's the state truing-up your sales tax to ensure they didn't forget to take some of your money. This process wasn't in place in the 1980's and as a family which lived part time in Seattle and part time in Portland, my folks were always timing their purchases and registering them in OR. So "use" was created as a work-around from the regulations around sales tax at the time.

Now, that being said, I was a small child in the 80's so I don't know the specifics, just bits and pieces from my fathers tax-evasion schemes.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^ Yup!

It's the state truing-up your sales tax to ensure they didn't forget to take some of your money. This process wasn't in place in the 1980's and as a family which lived part time in Seattle and part time in Portland, my folks were always timing their purchases and registering them in OR. So "use" was created as a work-around from the regulations around sales tax at the time.

Now, that being said, I was a small child in the 80's so I don't know the specifics, just bits and pieces from my fathers tax-evasion schemes.
Use tax definitely applies from out of state purchases, but I’m doubting it applies to in state purchases. At any rate, I’m going to try for Dwayne Lane in Burlington since the base tax is 8.5% and is lowest in the region. If use tax is applied, I only lose an hour round trip, otherwise I’m saving $500+ depending on what I decide on.

smseagren

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there any update on the group buy that someone was trying to put together? At this point id like to have an idea of which damn dealer i want to use. haha!

bikemright

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seattle (Phinney Ridge) checking in! Reserved a 4-dr Black Diamond at Bill Pierre. Can't decide on a color yet.. was set on cyber orange, but carbonized grey looks pretty slick.

Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Burlington! Just reserved and my head is about to explode over all the info and options! :p
4 door, Outer Banks, Area 51 ..... black hard top, black fenders and handles, 35's.
What else???

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Going with the FE 2 DR!
Check in from Bellingham , i got Bellingham Ford they got everything in writing and they will charge only MSRP.

But I might get a dealer out of state to make a fun road trip and have some fun along the way.
Sponsored