Sponsored

Warning about Scam on Facebook. Jim's Auto Recycling Inc. (SCAM)

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

On the lighter side, I was thinking of this commercial about getting dupped on the internet.
State Farm® State of Disbelief French Model (youtube.com)

Next, I would file a police report and then work with your bank's fraud division or bank to see about getting the issue resolved, and possibly re-imbursed.
Yes, if you did pay with a credit card, you can likely get it reversed. I think also PayPal? I'm not sure if the cash apps do or not, worth checking if you did use one.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whether it was a sophisticated scam or was riddled with red flags, I don't think we should be directly/indirectly laying blame with the OP. It's a sh*tty situation that shouldn't happen to anyone, and he took the time to share his experience in order to protect others. I think we should compliment that, learn from it, and move on.

Don't be so judgemental - Everyone makes mistakes.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let’s play nice fellas. Obvious or not, it takes some real courage to admit you’ve been taken for a ride.

The OP was thorough in his post, owning up to it, and was kind enough to give a warning to all of the rest of us.

Hoping he didn’t lose too much money and I hope none of us has this happen because I’m sure it’s humbling.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t know why this keeps needing to be said,

NEVER SEND MONEY TO PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA YOU HAVEN’T MET IN PERSON.
Yep, these are all over Instagram as well. Of course IG is just an extension of FB, and subject to the same lack of real moderation.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate you sharing. I'm sorry this happened. Also, I don't see any reason to shame someone who is trying to help others avoid a mistake.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is happening right here on B6G in front of us. People have paid (in full!) over $7k for hardtops two years ago, and not one of which has been delivered! Every 60 days or so they simply say it has been delayed again. The original shipping date was Aug/Sept 2022 lol.

Edit: I don't mean to suggest B6G is in any way involved or facilitating this as they are not. Simply it is a thread on this forum for all to see.

Last edited:

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For what it is worth, it's shouldn't be about blaming victims. But with that said, there have been con men around forever, and no law has ever been able to rid the world of scumbags so the next best thing is to be aware, educated and not be lazy. Do your homework before you give someone your money. It's not full proof but it will go a long way.

The scariest part of this, for me anyway, is the absolute trash that prays on senior citizens that just don't have the metal capacity they once had. But they aren't buying Bronco parts on the internet, so there's that.

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a rich uncle in Africa that would like to send you money for your troubles.

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Remember folks, when you get the mailer about how your warranty is about to expire on your Bronco (none of the 6th Gens are that old, much less my '24 that I picked up 3 weeks ago and added a 7yr/75,000 warranty to)...it makes an excellent lighter for the burn pit....use it accordingly.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The biggest red flag for any of these cons is requesting payment via Zelle, Venmo, or Cash App. There are other red flags that are more obvious to some. But never send payment via channels that offers no buyer protection.
Sponsored