First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say get the Badlands ASAP. The Base-iest Base price is now up to $35,890 with Zero accessories. That's huge for something that listed at $29,995 2 short years ago. No telling how much Ford will want for a Wildtrak next year.

mrFgFz2.jpg

xK21621.jpg
Sponsored

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just keep in mind that a BL with leather seats removes the washout floors. It's a weird quirk of how Ford stupidly set up the packages.
I saw a badlands with leather seats and lost excitement when I saw the carpeted floor. But if what you wanted was a first edition then this solves that. So makes sense.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant seem to find exactly, but how come the ground clearance with the badlands is only 8.3" whereas with the 35" its 11.5"?
I was sure the bronco is higher ground clearance. its actually same as a jimny.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands as a daily driver is a perfectly fine vehicle. Not sure how much better a WT could be. I know you're worried about resale but the folks saying buy one today and keep the WT order are right.

If you decide the BL isn't for you there is an escape hatch. While it might cost you some $ to switch you'd get what you want.

If the BL is perfect for you then cancel your WT reservation/order and (eventually) get your $100 back to spend on accessories (or gas).

Sponsored

418hotrod

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 , 2000 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I daily my non-sas badlands, 2.3 manual 2dr. The tires are surprisingly good for the interstates and county roads. 80 miles roundtrip per day. The ride is not the smoothest for Missouri highways but far from uncomfortable. I also use it around the farm/hunting land, which is roughly 5 miles down gravel roads. I don't get any more rocks kicked up than I have with other A/T tires.

Regarding the usefulness of the swaybar disco, I have found that it doesn't take much elevation difference to feel the difference. 6 to 8 inches variance will lighten the other wheel. I will disengage the swaybar for the trails around our property, creek crossing, field driving, and it makes for an amazingly smooth ride.

All that being said, I agree with having the WT ordered as a backup plan.

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the difference in ground clearance if swaybar is disconnected or not?
For a badlands non-sas

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was hoping to get the wildtrack with 35” and the new fox suspension, but the dealer might have a badlands in supply very soon, making me rethinking this, mostly because:
1. I like the interior of the badlands. The colors in the wildtrack I’m not sure about the seats…
2. The tires on the badlands should be quieter for daily road drive, I think. As well as being 33” and not 35”
3. I was giving up on sway bar because I didn’t plan on doing harsh terrain that would require it. But having it probably doesn’t hurt. Same with drainage system in the badlands.
4. I was leaning towards the wildtrack with fox suspension because i read it’s better also for daily driving. But there is no estimation when it will arrive. Can be at least half a year or more.

eventually it sounds like badlands is the more reasonable choice. It’s even somewhat cheaper (5k$)

Given the points raised above,what do you think?
My reservation and order were for a WildTrak with the HOSS package. I took a Badlands that was cancelled by another customer becuase I was never getting a build date for the WildTrak. Love my Badlands! About one month after taking delivery of the Badlands I got the build notification from Ford. I waited for the WildTrak to be delivered to the dealer and got my C-note deposit back and they sold it the same day it hit the dealer's lot.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the difference in ground clearance if swaybar is disconnected or not?
For a badlands non-sas
No difference in ground clearance, but increased wheel travel up front

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No difference in ground clearance, but increased wheel travel up front
Oh really? I assumed that disconnecting it leads to slightly lower clearance because wheels are less tight.
So it means that even without doing any serious rock crawling with severe articulation, even just for gravel bumpy offroad driving, doing that with swaybar disconnected will lead to a noticable smoother right, is that correct?

Sponsored

Broncobilly51

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus,Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wildtrack is a DD and it’s smooth ride trust me

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh really? I assumed that disconnecting it leads to slightly lower clearance because wheels are less tight.
So it means that even without doing any serious rock crawling with severe articulation, even just for gravel bumpy offroad driving, doing that with swaybar disconnected will lead to a noticable smoother right, is that correct?
the sway bar will only stay disconnected at low speeds. It will automatically reconnect when you go over 25 mph.

but back to your question… I would say it all depends on your intent. I hit the dirt and rocks so I love my Badsquatch. If you’re not planning to do any of that, then the bl non-sas would be perfectly fine. Don’t know your financial situation but if you can comfortably afford the WT, I’d take that over the non-sas BL because of the hoss 3.0 and fox shocks even if it will never see dirt.

also another thing to research is the cost of tires 33” v. 35”. That’s something you will have to factor in long term for your maintenance of the vehicle.

just me 2 cents but I think you’ll be happy either way

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands w/2.3 MGV. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. All around perfect vehicle. Has every hero switch spot filled. Has an upgraded suspension. Gear ratio is fine for future 35’s. Interior color combo is the best in my opinion. Also happy with stock wheels as practically every Bronco has SAS wheels and just don’t look that good. Maybe just because they are too common. Same as tires. The GY don’t look good. The BFG 33’s look good.

Wild track would be a trim level I would purchase except I don’t feel it’s worth the extra dollars unless the upgraded rack is needed for your intended use.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just keep in mind that a BL with leather seats removes the washout floors. It's a weird quirk of how Ford stupidly set up the packages.
yup found that one out! have a dealer order or customer order whatever that has Leather. Found that out a month after putting a deposit down so now im canceling it. Different strokes for different folks but Vinyl interior is the way to go I feel. Which is obviously why I have a WT with leather on order now :) figured its better than the cloth for cleaning it
Sponsored