First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was hoping to get the wildtrack with 35” and the new fox suspension, but the dealer might have a badlands in supply very soon, making me rethinking this, mostly because:
1. I like the interior of the badlands. The colors in the wildtrack I’m not sure about the seats…
2. The tires on the badlands should be quieter for daily road drive, I think. As well as being 33” and not 35”
3. I was giving up on sway bar because I didn’t plan on doing harsh terrain that would require it. But having it probably doesn’t hurt. Same with drainage system in the badlands.
4. I was leaning towards the wildtrack with fox suspension because i read it’s better also for daily driving. But there is no estimation when it will arrive. Can be at least half a year or more.

eventually it sounds like badlands is the more reasonable choice. It’s even somewhat cheaper (5k$)

Given the points raised above,what do you think?
Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait for your WT

the interior color isn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

The tires aren’t loud. I wouldn’t trade my WT for any other model (except maybe for Braptor!)

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually did the opposite from you. When I started out I played with the builder, and I wanted a mic, lux, leather, non-SAS BL.

If you prefer the black interior, go ahead and get the BL. This is a controversial topic on this forum. I think the plain black interiors are boring. To me, OBX and WT have the best interiors.

BFG K02s are a bit more suited to road use and are a bit quieter, but the Goodyear Territory are not loud nor are they bad on the road. Their biggest issue is picking up rocks, so if you have a gravel driveway they are not great.

If you actually need MGV and the wash out interior, ordering a WT or waiting for one makes no sense at all. You should've planned for a BL or BD from the start.

I do feel that WT is more compliant than non-SAS BL on the road, but both are luxurious and car-like compared to a Wrangler Rubicon.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really it comes to what you want from it. I have both a WT and BL on order at the moment as I found deals on both while searching and I think I plan on canceling the BL to stick with the WT. They are the same price and sadly the BL has leather and for me thats the one thing I really wanted out of the BL. I love the vinyl interior and seats of the BL and steel bash plates + bumpers. I don't see a value in the sway disconnect for my use case. If the BL was a soft top and your WT was a hardtop I wouldnt get it. Those HT are expensive and cost you more than that 5k savings. But if both have the top you like almost sounds like you want the BL more. The BL with 33's is no slouch and they use them at the off roadeo stock alongside the SASA models. Does it go over stuff as easily? No but its its very close.
If you plan on going with 35's eventually then I would say wait for a BL with SAS or stick with the WT. Having a factory warranty on a OEM 35's setup is great. Spending money on upgrades aftermarket typically gets you less functionality for more money. You also get the different gearing for the 35's and the raptor steering bits on the WT.
For a daily driver going with the WT would be the better option IMO and for me personally I rather have a vehicle thats' better on road while still being great off rd as in reality it's going to be driven on road way more. Also the WT exterior looks cooler IMO.

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really it comes to what you want from it. I have both a WT and BL on order at the moment as I found deals on both while searching and I think I plan on canceling the BL to stick with the WT. They are the same price and sadly the BL has leather and for me thats the one thing I really wanted out of the BL. I love the vinyl interior and seats of the BL and steel bash plates + bumpers. I don't see a value in the sway disconnect for my use case. If the BL was a soft top and your WT was a hardtop I wouldnt get it. Those HT are expensive and cost you more than that 5k savings. But if both have the top you like almost sounds like you want the BL more. The BL with 33's is no slouch and they use them at the off roadeo stock alongside the SASA models. Does it go over stuff as easily? No but its its very close.
If you plan on going with 35's eventually then I would say wait for a BL with SAS or stick with the WT. Having a factory warranty on a OEM 35's setup is great. Spending money on upgrades aftermarket typically gets you less functionality for more money. You also get the different gearing for the 35's and the raptor steering bits on the WT.
For a daily driver going with the WT would be the better option IMO and for me personally I rather have a vehicle thats' better on road while still being great off rd as in reality it's going to be driven on road way more. Also the WT exterior looks cooler IMO.
mare you suggesting riding on 35” will be more comfortable on road? It sounds weird, how is it even possible?

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
mare you suggesting riding on 35” will be more comfortable on road? It sounds weird, how is it even possible?
The 35's have more meat on the wheel - softer ride over bumps and cruising around- the suspension hoss 3.0 is more supple and less jarring. IIts design for high speed off roading. That also equates to high speed driving on road, like a highway. ts not a 90s wrangler that was modified to have 35's its a OEM engineered setup to work well on road, be reliable and safe. Comfort and handling though are two different things. a 911 handles better then range rover but the ranger rovers more comfortable. Your not buying a bronco for good handling...well unless you have a jeep then yes it handles excellent. If possible i would ask the dealer to try driving one or find one used to test out. We did a 24 hour test drive with one from carmax to make sure we liked it.

OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well if I could get a wildtrack 35” with hoss3.0 that’s another discussion, it feels wrong to get delivery of one *today* without hoss3.0

reality is that there is no expected date of delivery for hoss3.0, it might be near to a year from today, whereas the badlands 33” might be in a month.

Last edited:

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I was hoping to get the wildtrack with 35” and the new fox suspension, but the dealer might have a badlands in supply very soon, making me rethinking this, mostly because:
1. I like the interior of the badlands. The colors in the wildtrack I’m not sure about the seats…
2. The tires on the badlands should be quieter for daily road drive, I think. As well as being 33” and not 35”
3. I was giving up on sway bar because I didn’t plan on doing harsh terrain that would require it. But having it probably doesn’t hurt. Same with drainage system in the badlands.
4. I was leaning towards the wildtrack with fox suspension because i read it’s better also for daily driving. But there is no estimation when it will arrive. Can be at least half a year or more.

eventually it sounds like badlands is the more reasonable choice. It’s even somewhat cheaper (5k$)

Given the points raised above,what do you think?
Take the BL today and keep the WT order active. When the WT comes into the dealer you'll have had some time (months? years?) of riding in the BL to make your decision and either trade it or keep it.

I'm personally toying with the idea of ordering a WT with Hoss 3.0 and just waiting for however long it takes. Then trade in my current BB that I purchased off the lot as an abandoned order.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take the BL today and keep the WT order active.
This.

Personally the WT is far and away my least favorite trim for many reasons so I'm biased here. But a Bronco in the hand is worth two in...wait that idiom doesn't work but anyway, make your decision when the WT is built.

Jd1539

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just keep in mind that a BL with leather seats removes the washout floors. It's a weird quirk of how Ford stupidly set up the packages.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the BL today and keep the WT order active. When the WT comes into the dealer you'll have had some time (months? years?) of riding in the BL to make your decision and either trade it or keep it.

I'm personally toying with the idea of ordering a WT with Hoss 3.0 and just waiting for however long it takes. Then trade in my current BB that I purchased off the lot as an abandoned order.
It’s a good idea for two years ago, at least in my area second hand market is tough a bit, and this move will make me lose money. And it’s quite expensive due to taxes.

This.

Personally the WT is far and away my least favorite trim for many reasons so I'm biased here. But a Bronco in the hand is worth two in...wait that idiom doesn't work but anyway, make your decision when the WT is built.
on the contrary, share your thoughts! Why least favorite?

Just keep in mind that a BL with leather seats removes the washout floors. It's a weird quirk of how Ford stupidly set up the packages.
I actually prefer both colors and the durability of the vynil seats. Worst case put ac on max

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

on the contrary, share your thoughts! Why least favorite?
Just personal taste, I dislike the interior (colors, carpet, seat materials), the V6, and the auto.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your use is mostly non-trails (maybe occasionally) the WT is overkill. The suspension is made for HIGH SPEED OFFROAD, absorbing the terrain as you fly along at 60+. Get a Badlands for your use and change suspension in the future if you’re unhappy. At least then you’re not throwing away expensive HOSS 3.0

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

V6? Is there a badlands 2.3L? Is that what you took?
Not a thing lacking in the 2.3L.
The one thing lacking in a Bronco with a V6 (Wildtrak)?
A manual transmission.
Sponsored