Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have noticed that the washer fluid levels drop very fast (4DR Badlands 2.7L). This just came back to my attention after 15K service last week and saw the fluid level topped off from the dealership. Then a day later on the way to work, I couldn't get spray to come out. Popped the hood and didn't "see" any level at all. I tried the spray again on my way home and it worked. When I got home I filled up the reservoir with maybe a third of a bottle. I have not seen any puddles underneath at all.

Anyone noticed this? Maybe evaporation? It is hot here in Georgia, but I've noticed it back in January/February.
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed that too. But i use it waaaay more often than on my other vehicles just because it is a bug magnet.

OP
OP

iradi8

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed that too. But i use it waaaay more often than on my other vehicles just because it is a bug magnet.
I did add the Aeroskin II Bug Deflector and it really helps!

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve noticed this, too!

Several quirks about the washer fluid: For one, am I missing something, or is there no way to visually check to see how full the reservoir is? All you can see is the very top of the tank, and you canā€™t see down the filler neck.

Secondly, there have been several times the fluid would not come out of the sprayer, and I ended up dry-wiping my windshield with dirt and sand. šŸ˜” The first time I thought it was out of fluid, but after opening the hood and poking around, I tried it again (with the wipers flipped up) and it worked. WTF. Another time I put some fluid in the tank, and it took less than 1/2 gallon. Iā€™ve never seen a washer reservoir that didnā€™t hold a full gallon, so either this one is unusually small, or it wasnā€™t empty in the first place.

Like the OP, Iā€™ve checked for puddles and leakage, and it seems fine. So the problem seems to be it just doesnā€™t want to spray sometimes. So thatā€™s fun.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my wiper/washers all the time, I've YET to add fluid to the Bronco. Raise your hood and look on the passenger side of the vehicle and have someone active your washers. Is there fluid leaking out near the cowl? This happened to TrailRecon

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just some extra data.

6651 miles and my warning for low washer fluid came on yesterday for the second time since owning the Bronco. When I filled it the first time, it fit the whole gallon and I was not completely empty yet.

OP
OP

iradi8

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use my wiper/washers all the time, I've YET to add fluid to the Bronco. Raise your hood and look on the passenger side of the vehicle and have someone active your washers. Is there fluid leaking out near the cowl? This happened to TrailRecon
Will the wipers hit the hood when you have it open???

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I took delivery I drained the tank and it took all of a gallon bottle to reclaim and Iā€™m sure I missed a little. Now thereā€™s some caveats as well to how much youā€™re using at any given time too. If you have the front camera youā€™re going to be spraying that whenever you activate the washer fluid as well. I do have the front camera but Iā€™ll be honest I am very sparing with my fluid usage since it doesnā€™t need to be slathered on to be effective enough for my tastes. My windshield stays treated with rain-X so cleanup is always very easy.

Bonus: here is a visual of what the tank looks like. Also, purely cosmetic but I would recommend wiping out the ā€œbowlā€ where you pour fluid into when youā€™re done, it tends to crustify and stain after time.

Ford Bronco Washer Fluid Levels Drop Fast? 9A4C4D7F-4559-4592-95B1-18B10650A876

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine stopped spraying recently, with no warning of low fluid. There was another time also where it took a couple presses to pump fluid again. This time I need to check to see if it's empty or not. I was wondering the same thing though, looking for leaks.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine stopped spraying recently, with no warning of low fluid. There was another time also where it took a couple presses to pump fluid again. This time I need to check to see if it's empty or not. I was wondering the same thing though, looking for leaks.
This.

I didnā€™t even realize there was a warning light for low fluid level, because we havenā€™t hit it. Whenever Iā€™ve topped it off, it didnā€™t take nearly a gallon.

So what seems to be happening is that itā€™s losing its prime somehow, so when you hit the button nothing happens, and it takes a while for the fluid to make it to the spray nozzle. Which is exactly what you donā€™t want: Dry wipers scraping across all the grunge!

Great. Another thing to have the dealer look at.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.

I didnā€™t even realize there was a warning light for low fluid level, because we havenā€™t hit it. Whenever Iā€™ve topped it off, it didnā€™t take nearly a gallon.

So what seems to be happening is that itā€™s losing its prime somehow, so when you hit the button nothing happens, and it takes a while for the fluid to make it to the spray nozzle. Which is exactly what you donā€™t want: Dry wipers scraping across all the grunge!

Great. Another thing to have the dealer look at.
Yep, I'll have them check it out when I schedule to have my A/C fixed (I discovered it doesn't work at all, on a 97 degree day. Yay.)

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On mine I lost all my fluid from a leak on the hose that crosses from the passenger side to the driver side under the rear seats...the flexible line had a hole in it. I replaced the line (no fun pulling the driver side panel to get to the connection).

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never seen the low fluid light, but given winter time I typically top off once a week or so depending on the weather. I've probably ran 6-7 gallons through it at 4800 miles. Summer time it's hardly used. I've been washing the windshield in the garage when I get home at night with glass cleaner because of all the bugs.

MJ21Hog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Poor suction/needs to be primed often.... poor design is what I'm thinking.
Sponsored