First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Weird question. What color is the factory MT fluid? I did work on my girlfriend’s Kia Soul tonight in the garage. Pulled it out of the garage and pulled my bronco back in. I noticed a couple puddles of red fluid (looks exactly like brand new ATF) on the garage floor after pulling the bronco back in. Didn’t pay attention if they were there before bringing the bronco in. I couldn’t tell if it’s coming from the bronco or soul. Both look dry underneath so there’s no clues there. I guess what I need to know is does the MT Bronco have any red fluids? Power steering fluid? ATF for the manual transmission? Just trying to figure out which car is leaking lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weird question. What color is the factory MT fluid? I did work on my girlfriend’s Kia Soul tonight in the garage. Pulled it out of the garage and pulled my bronco back in. I noticed a couple puddles of red fluid (looks exactly like brand new ATF) on the garage floor after pulling the bronco back in. Didn’t pay attention if they were there before bringing the bronco in. I couldn’t tell if it’s coming from the bronco or soul. Both look dry underneath so there’s no clues there. I guess what I need to know is does the MT Bronco have any red fluids? Power steering fluid? ATF for the manual transmission? Just trying to figure out which car is leaking lol
A manual Bronco shouldn’t have any red fluid.

The transmission uses Ford’s dual clutch transmission fluid which is an amber/brown color. Coolant is yellow, differential fluid is brown and power steering is electric not hydraulic.

*Edit- the transfer case does use Mercon LV transmission fluid, which is red

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshgangluff

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A manual Bronco shouldn’t have any red fluid.

The transmission uses Ford’s dual clutch transmission fluid which is an amber/brown color. Coolant is yellow, differential fluid is brown and power steering is electric not hydraulic.
Great info. Thanks a bunch!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Transfer case uses Mercon LV ATF... Both of them...
You’re right, somehow I totally forgot about the T-case. This would be red fluid

OP
OP
joshgangluff

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a follow up for a good laugh to anyone who reads this. I figured out where the ATF came from. I was replacing wheel bearings in a buddy’s car this weekend. Noticed more ATF on the garage floor. Upon further inspection, it’s coming from my floor jack! It’s an old jack from the 80s that I picked up for free a few years ago and threw some new seals in. Didn’t have hydraulic fluid on hand so used ATF for the jack fluid. So no leaking cars!! Just gotta get new seals for the ol jack
Sponsored