First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you just stick the hose end in to suck out the fluid or you have a screw in fitting? Thanks
There is candy cane shaped tool that you can buy off ford ($100 + from what I remember). I made my own from some aluminum 1/4" tubing that can be easily bent into any shape. I slide some clear rubber hose over the end of the aluminum tubing to extend it about 3"-4" to the bottom of the pan. The rubber extension isn't shown but it slips over just like it does on the other end. Super easy and cheap.
Ford Bronco Transmission fluid change questions IMG_9308
Sponsored

RedSoloCup

Big Bend
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is candy cane shaped tool that you can buy off ford ($100 + from what I remember). I made my own from some aluminum 1/4" tubing that can be easily bent into any shape. I slide some clear rubber hose over the end of the aluminum tubing to extend it about 3"-4" to the bottom of the pan. The rubber extension isn't shown but it slips over just like it does on the other end. Super easy and cheap.
Ford Bronco Transmission fluid change questions IMG_9308
Nice. Thanks. I can easily do that at work

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

so, I couldn't find a video of the whole thing other than the snow guy :) ( who doesn't like field repairs ) has anyone else seen one specific to the bronco? I just hit 30k and dont have alot of confidence in the 10r60 so I've been thinking about changing the fluid.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so, I couldn't find a video of the whole thing other than the snow guy :) ( who doesn't like field repairs ) has anyone else seen one specific to the bronco? I just hit 30k and dont have alot of confidence in the 10r60 so I've been thinking about changing the fluid.
I rebuild Ford transmissions for a living. Out of all the transmissions I work on, I’ve had fewer 10R60’s apart than almost any other transmission. I’m not saying they’re bulletproof, but they’re pretty damn close. Hopefully that will help with your confidence in them.
But either way, I think preventively changing the fluid is a great idea before 100k or whatever the scheduled mileage is.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so, I couldn't find a video of the whole thing other than the snow guy :) ( who doesn't like field repairs ) has anyone else seen one specific to the bronco? I just hit 30k and don't have a lot of confidence in the 10r60 so I've been thinking about changing the fluid.
If you only want to change the fluid and not the filter or replace the pan itself with an aftermarket pan it is very easy. Buy the Ford tool or make one like I did in the above post. Add on the 4" tubing extension, suck out 6 qts., replace six qts., and repeat once or twice after driving it to circulate the fluid in between each drain fill cycle and you will have done a poor man's transmission flush. Of course you won't be replacing the filter, cleaning the pan or any of the fine metal paste off of the magnet but you will have nice fresh fluid.

Check out this thread. It is very helpful if you want to do the filter or replace the pan with one that has a drain. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ppe-transmision-pan-installed.66081/
Sponsored