NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a matter of taking a hose to the interior. I highly doubt most people would do that anyway. It's getting caught in a downpour. It's spilling something that may stain. It all about easy cleanup and maintenance. Fish guts from a day of surf fishing. Wipe it up. Dog takes a shit. Wipe it up. Muddy gear thrown in the back. Wipe it up.
Get a weather mat for the back then? Easy as pie. Ford never claimed to have a weatherproof vehicle top to bottom.
Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When you lay the seats down they essentially become part of the floor. Why is it so hard to fathom that people would throw dirty or muddy stuff in the cargo area with the seats down?? And would want said area to be easily wiped clean instead of spending and hour with a vacuum.
I'm thinking that ford decides what is the floor and what isn't the floor

If you have a different opinion that is cool, but you'll have to adjust to Ford's reality

When I flip my bronco on it's roof, the roof will essentially become the floor :)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was under the impression that the Washout Interior also provided the silicone seals on all switch gear to make the dash essentially splash-proof and thus you could more safely drive without the roof on in all conditions.

This thread seems to be entirely about the floor and trunk carpet, so perhaps i'm mistaken and the additional waterproofing is across all trim levels?

" The instrument panel surfaces are wipeable and switches have silicone seals."

2021 Ford Bronco: 6 Most Important Things To Know

Edited to clarify that I did not think the waterproofing was across all trim levels.

Last edited:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I remember bringing this up in the NYSE thread but a few others were quick to remind me that this is a prototype configuration so the final version may well yet have better material. I personally hate the idea of carpet in the cargo area and seat backs. Never made sense in any vehicle I've experienced.

Anyway, there's a long time to go before this is all set in stone. BN said a detailed review of materials and colors is "coming soon."

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This seems to be what some are expecting. I'd expect more like the pics show with a hose on the floor with a little above a trickle of water coming out to rinse the floor. If you really blast the interior with water, it's gonna take time to completely dry and will probably stink, not to mention some of the electronics will likely have their life shortened. I wouldn't dare do this to a $60k vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you lay the seats down they essentially become part of the floor. Why is it so hard to fathom that people would throw dirty or muddy stuff in the cargo area with the seats down?? And would want said area to be easily wiped clean instead of spending and hour with a vacuum.
it’s not hard to fathom but it’s also not what Ford said. There’s no mention of washout interior, just rubberized floors and only on certain trims. Hell there’s not even drains on all the trims. So knowing that, why is it hard to fathom that the seat backs on the rear seats are the same as any other car/suv?

Sponsored

hickmanfab

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never expected to wash out the whole interior. Especially on a 40K vehicle. I wanted the floors to be "wash-down-able", just for simplicity. What bugs me is the carpet on the back of the seat. I was expecting something more like the Bronco Sport. Not necessary waterproof, but some thing that would be relatively easy to clean.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We all get it, we’re just giving you a hard time because it’s waaaaay to early to be getting worked up over something like this.

(We don’t know what materials or options will be included on the final product yet.)
There's probably 100 threads with people stressing over details that none of us has an answer to yet. Anyone that's been here more than a week should know all of the examples we've seen are all pre production and put together with whatever they have on hand to use, so impossible to know if it will be that way when it comes down the assembly line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This seems to be what some are expecting. I'd expect more like the pics show with a hose on the floor with a little above a trickle of water coming out to rinse the floor. If you really blast the interior with water, it's gonna take time to completely dry and will probably stink, not to mention some of the electronics will likely have their life shortened. I wouldn't dare do this to a $60k vehicle.
Speaking for myself that's not what I was expecting at all. I would never even consider taking a hose to the interior. What I was expecting is all interior floor surfaces to be easily wiped down with a damp rag. Including the cargo area with the seats down. Again people are taking it to the extreme and thinking others want the ability to break out the pressure washer and go to town.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never expected to wash out the whole interior. Especially on a 40K vehicle. I wanted the floors to be "wash-down-able", just for simplicity. What bugs me is the carpet on the back of the seat. I was expecting something more like the Bronco Sport. Not necessary waterproof, but some thing that would be relatively easy to clean.

This
Sponsored