Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’ve had that wastegate actuator rattle. I went ahead and put the Procal tune on the bronco and now it has weird wastegate actuation. Think a 2 step on a drag car. Has anyone else had that issue? Thinking about going to the dealer to have them look at it. It threw a code and put it into reduced power mode. The computer is reading it as knock. Really odd.

I’ve had several turbo cars and never ran into this before. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I had similar problem with my Bronco right off the dealer lot after I signed all my paper work!! Had to return my Bronco the same day.

It took them a few weeks to get it sorted out. Ended up being a loose nut on the turbo actuator according to the mechanic.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I had similar problem with my Bronco right off the dealer lot after I signed all my paper work!! Had to return my Bronco the same day.

It took them a few weeks to get it sorted out. Ended up being a loose nut on the turbo actuator according to the mechanic.
Thanks, I’ll let that in mind. Was yours pretty intermittent depending on how hard you were hitting the throttle?

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I’ll let that in mind. Was yours pretty intermittent depending on how hard you were hitting the throttle?
My issue happened right away I was simply driving off the dealer lot and I got a check engine light and went into limp mode.

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I’ve had that wastegate actuator rattle. I went ahead and put the Procal tune on the bronco and now it has weird wastegate actuation. Think a 2 step on a drag car. Has anyone else had that issue? Thinking about going to the dealer to have them look at it. It threw a code and put it into reduced power mode. The computer is reading it as knock. Really odd.

I’ve had several turbo cars and never ran into this before. Has this happened to anyone else?
Are you running a higher octane fuel after the installation?

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had a wastegate rattle right out the dealer lot. Brought it back to them two days later they kept it for a whole week then told me it was a normal sound. Can you share a video of the new noise you’re experiencing?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that's a coincidence and would check connections and nuts like the issue @telenerd had.

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that's a coincidence and would check connections and nuts like the issue @telenerd had.
I’ll just take it to the dealer and let them fix it. But if they don’t, I’ll check it.
Are you running a higher octane fuel after the installation?
I’ve always run 91 (premium in Californistan) and I now run a Lucas octane booster
I had a wastegate rattle right out the dealer lot. Brought it back to them two days later they kept it for a whole week then told me it was a normal sound. Can you share a video of the new noise you’re experiencing?
the video I have is too long. I’ll try again for a shorter one tomorrow
Sponsored