Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought it March 28th and it went back the next day, so I’ve been waiting since then. I was told on the 29th that it wouldn’t be in until the middle of May at the earliest… I opened the claim to have it expedited and FMC calls me every Thursday with any new updates. This past Thursday I was told the new turbo ship date is now scheduled for April 18th.
How/ what number did you call to escalate/ expedite things?

No need to do that at the moment but if I'm looking at potentially beyond a month's wait for parts it'd be good to know my options to help move things forward.
Sponsored

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque & Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How/ what number did you call to escalate/ expedite things?

No need to do that at the moment but if I'm looking at potentially beyond a month's wait for parts it'd be good to know my options to help move things forward.
The number I got was for a direct line with an ext. because they reached out to me first by seeing my post on the forums... but the main number they call me from is 866-631-3788.

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any update on your turbo? I’m going on three weeks for same issue. My dealer is waiting for the entire turbo but hasn‘t torn anything apart. Wondering it is only the wastegate controller and just a new issue for this dealer

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque & Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on your turbo? I’m going on three weeks for same issue. My dealer is waiting for the entire turbo but hasn‘t torn anything apart. Wondering it is only the wastegate controller and just a new issue for this dealer
My new turbo finally arrived at my dealer on Monday (ordered on 3/29)… but was then told that they are also waiting on a “tube“ (I have no idea what that is and I had no idea that something else had to be ordered). They told me they hoped that it would be in sometime this week, but I haven’t heard anything else since.
Super frustrating because I got excited thinking I was going to have it back by now…

I’m not sure what my dealer did to figure out that I needed a new turbo, but it seems like every time I hear of someone else having the same issues, they are being told the same thing about replacing the entire thing.

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
well, one step closer. I have been waiting three weeks. Was told that had all the “other” parts but waiting on the turbo. I am trying to have patience but this is kinda unbelievable after how long we waited for the vehicles. And never had this with a new car before. After reading all the comments on the warning lights, I was a little skeptical if they really know what’s wrong, but to your point, many seems to need to replace the full turbo. I guess that better then having the issues recur. Good luck! I hope I get that call soon…

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same thing happened to me: 20 miles on the speedo, SERVICE ENGINE and CHECK ENGINE lights popped up. Short in the wastegate. Came on and off intermittently. Running fine, but at the dealer now to have it checked.
@Ford Motor Company

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This happened to me as well. 2.3L on the drive home from purchase at the dealer. I’m planning to contact Ford Customer Service and open a case first thing Monday morning. I’m also going to get the part number from my dealer and try my best to find one before them.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This happened to me as well. 2.3L on the drive home from purchase at the dealer. I’m planning to contact Ford Customer Service and open a case first thing Monday morning. I’m also going to get the part number from my dealer and try my best to find one before them.
Sorry to hear. Might need a 2.3 bad turbo thread to go with those bad 2.7 valves. I know just the guy. He’s a pro. Does incredible work. Right @Lucchese 😉

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I heard on Friday that my turbo was on the way to the dealer, so hopefully ford is on top of this and you all aren’t waiting several weeks like I have been. My dealer has been cool and case worker has kept me updated. Not their fault. I am just glad they know where the part is. The two weeks of “back order” was unnerving. Perhaps the truck made it through the border crossing delays and now en route! I’ll keep this thread posted. My almost two days with the vehicle seem like a strange dream at this point! :)

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, is everyone still able to drive with issue?

Sponsored

GoPre

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happened to me yesterday around 60 miles in my 2.3 badlands manual sas. Very frustrating. The truck drives but at severely reduced power and the turbo barely engages. A real bummer as it was super fun before that!

JeffnCharlotte

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
same. Drive home from the dealer and hit 30 miles. Got an error for turbo waste gate stuck open. Ford has had it for the weekend so far but there hasn’t been any update.
I’m not too optimistic reading this thread.

Velocitybronco22

Base
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought mine 4/4. On the way home the turbo went out between 100-200 miles. Dealer has had it since 4/7. No update still on when the turbocharger could arrive.

G-Red

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like a broken record. My 2.3l Badlands had the same problem on the way home (3/31) from the dealer. Took it back the next day. At least the dealer gave me a loaner Outer Banks to (barely) soften the blow. They emailed me today telling me it's finally ready. What has been everyone's experience after having the wastegate and or the turbo replaced? Any problems after the fact? Does it lower the resale value of the vehicle? Does that work show up on Carfax?

Last edited:

GoPre

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are replacing the turbo on my build. They say parts are 4-6 days out which is surprisingly ok. I’m fine with this as long as it fixes the issue long term. Interested to hear anyone else’s experience with the turbo getting swapped.
Sponsored