First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That good news. When did they order the part?
Ordered on April 22, had the turbo on the 25th but they were waiting on some gaskets until today. It’s fixed and I’m picking up tomorrow morning!
Sponsored

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lovely. I‘ve been waiting 30 days for the turbo.

OP
OP
BadBradBronco

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lovely. I‘ve been waiting 30 days for the turbo.
Ask them to check local dealerships stock as well. The turbo is also used in the Ranger, transit vans and Mustangs from what I understand. Stay on them, I contacted my service manger every morning and afternoon asking for updates as well as Ford CS. Also, ask Ford CS to reimburse your first month's car payment as well. They agreed to pay mine once I get my first statement.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am a January 24th blend date, March 30th built date in the pizza tracker, and it just switched over to in transit. If and when I ever get it I will let you all know how mine is going.

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If have been all over them And the Ford rep/ case manager. The dealer is covering my payment. Everyone on this end ”seems” to be trying. I know they are sick of me!! I also know there are bigger problems in the world. But I must say, my one day with the vehicle was pretty nice. Haha! I just want my bronco back. There are 100 dealers in SoCal, you’d think they would find one.…. I’ll keep the post updated. I hope yours runs great and this solves the issue

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is a service bulletin on the matter so it is a known issue, but the wording is vague.
Best guess the folks on Ranger5G have is simply a supplier shipped a batch of bad turbos...most likely wastegate actuator arms, but I'm not too technically knowledgeable on the matter. It sucks, but it happens...and I'd rather this than a dropped valve.
Is there a way to share that service bulletin? It would be great to see it before I pick mine up, in case I need to reference it on a phone call from the side of the road on the way home.

OP
OP
BadBradBronco

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If have been all over them And the Ford rep/ case manager. The dealer is covering my payment. Everyone on this end ”seems” to be trying. I know they are sick of me!! I also know there are bigger problems in the world. But I must say, my one day with the vehicle was pretty nice. Haha! I just want my bronco back. There are 100 dealers in SoCal, you’d think they would find one.…. I’ll keep the post updated. I hope yours runs great and this solves the issue
I feel for you! It’s an awful feeling. I’ve got my fingers crossed that you get a call soon that it’s been fixed!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there a way to share that service bulletin? It would be great to see it before I pick mine up, in case I need to reference it on a phone call from the side of the road on the way home.
You might be disappointed as my posts have more detail than the copy within the bulletin, and that ain't sayin' much.

SSM 50670 - 2021-2022 Ranger/Bronco, 2022 Explorer - 2.3L EcoBoost - Lack Of Power And Illuminated MIL With DTC P25B4 - Built On Or After 14-Dec-2021

Some 2021-2022 Ranger/Bronco vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine built on or after 14-Dec-2021 and 2022 Explorer vehicles equipped with a 2.3L EcoBoost engine and built on or after 14-Dec-2021, may exhibit a lack of power with an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) with diagnostic trouble code (DTC)P25B4 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM).

To correct the condition, clear the DTC and road test the vehicle under load until the vehicle reaches operating temperature. If the DTC repeats, the turbocharger will need to be replaced.

For claiming use causal part 6K682 and applicable labor times found in Section 09 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual. If the DTC does not repeat, release the vehicle to the customer.

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh…. my psycho brain wants to start calling all the dealerships in socal and look for this part…. however, I would have think the Ford claim and “expedited” part notification would cover this. But they are all independent. Not sure what they keep in stock

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You might be disappointed as my posts have more detail than the copy within the bulletin, and that ain't sayin' much.
So turn it off and back on then try it again, and if it happens again it's a problem? That's how you check things before you ask for help, not what you expect when you've already sent it for service.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So turn it off and back on then try it again, and if it happens again it's a problem? That's how you check things before you ask for help, not what you expect when you've already sent it for service.
Preaching to the choir. Worse, my CEL went off in the days between throwing the code and getting it to the dealer.

WaandrrNil

Base
First Name
Chanille
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bought my Bronco Base March 28 (a Monday). Took it back for Service & Engine light by Saturday - it took a week & a half to get part/repair for Wastegate Actuator. Picked it up on a Thursday & by Saturday back to dealer for same lights. Now entire Turbo being replaced. Supposedly they have the Turbo but no ETA on the "other parts" it needs for install.

For those of you after repair, please post your outcomes. Want to be smart and consider the Lemon Law but also want my Bronco! Especially since I only traded in my old vehicle to get it!

Since over 2 weeks out, I need to open case with Customer Service. Considering an ask to have them pay for extended warranty and/or making my payments while I wait.

I know this sounds like the same old story but glad there is a place I can vent...

OP
OP
BadBradBronco

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bought my Bronco Base March 28 (a Monday). Took it back for Service & Engine light by Saturday - it took a week & a half to get part/repair for Wastegate Actuator. Picked it up on a Thursday & by Saturday back to dealer for same lights. Now entire Turbo being replaced. Supposedly they have the Turbo but no ETA on the "other parts" it needs for install.

For those of you after repair, please post your outcomes. Want to be smart and consider the Lemon Law but also want my Bronco! Especially since I only traded in my old vehicle to get it!

Since over 2 weeks out, I need to open case with Customer Service. Considering an ask to have them pay for extended warranty and/or making my payments while I wait.

I know this sounds like the same old story but glad there is a place I can vent...
Hoping those “other parts” come in soon. We had the turbo quick but it was the other supporting parts that took time then just showed up out of the blue yesterday.

GoPre

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So annoyed, they’re telling me eta for the turbo is may 24th. I just want it fixed so I can install all the shit I have had delivered since it went down.
Sponsored