First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have exact issue. My bronco has been parked at the dealership for a month waiting for this part. Parked since the day after I purchase. I have case number and all. No word. Very disappointing, to say the least.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BadBradBronco

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have exact issue. My bronco has been parked at the dealership for a month waiting for this part. Parked since the day after I purchase. I have case number and all. No word. Very disappointing, to say the least.
Was yours on Ice mountain?

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just learning about this. I have no idea! I received on April 1.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why not lemon law it, if your state has a thirty day rule?

Sponsored

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Built March. I suppose lemon law would be an Option one might explore, but than what? I traded in my Subaru and there is no inventory of anything decent, or get back on a waitlist for Ford? This just sucks

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it sat on the mount for two months, who knows what critter may have decided to build a residence in the turbo piping.
Not a matter of it sitting on the mountain. Mine went straight to dealer just down the road from MAP after rolling off the line...took delivery of it four days after it left the factory...turbo went bad on drive home after signing the papers.

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I think we are in the same boat. I am over 30 days, so clearly could be a lemon law replacement, but has ford identified why this happened? Have they fixed this on the new vehicles? Why do they have no information on the part? Stuck in a container in China and afraid to say? I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. I’ll consult a lemon law atty. to say I am disappointed would be a huge understatement

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I think we are in the same boat. I am over 30 days, so clearly could be a lemon law replacement, but has ford identified why this happened? Have they fixed this on the new vehicles? Why do they have no information on the part? Stuck in a container in China and afraid to say? I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. I’ll consult a lemon law atty. to say I am disappointed would be a huge understatement
There is a service bulletin on the matter so it is a known issue, but the wording is vague.
Best guess the folks on Ranger5G have is simply a supplier shipped a batch of bad turbos...most likely wastegate actuator arms, but I'm not too technically knowledgeable on the matter. It sucks, but it happens...and I'd rather this than a dropped valve.

GoPre

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same boat for me as well. Have a case number and there's nothing Ford can/will do. They're building turbos so they obviously exist, I just want the part. Maybe I should just lemon law it and buy a defender (but I have so many boxes of accessories to install in the garage lol). Really lame customer service.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've heard rumblings that the part is on national backorder until end of the month...hoping stocks change for the better at that time.

OP
OP
BadBradBronco

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same boat for me as well. Have a case number and there's nothing Ford can/will do. They're building turbos so they obviously exist, I just want the part. Maybe I should just lemon law it and buy a defender (but I have so many boxes of accessories to install in the garage lol). Really lame customer service.
My parts came in this morning and dealer is at work now getting them installed. I’m hoping to pick it up tomorrow. AsK your dealer to escalate it above an emergency order and hopefully they can get it in sooner. My dealer worked their a$$ off to get this part expedited. I worked the Ford CS team as well.

GoPre

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, yeah, they said they've escalated it as far as it can go. Fingers crossed. Did you have the turbo replaced?

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That good news. When did they order the part?

OP
OP
BadBradBronco

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, yeah, they said they've escalated it as far as it can go. Fingers crossed. Did you have the turbo replaced?
Yes, they replaced the entire turbo assembly. Fingers crossed I have no further issues with it.
Sponsored