Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just brought my 2 door Base bronco home on Saturday. On Monday morning headed down the road for my 54 mile commute to work. About half way there the service engine soon light popped up and I was alerted through the Ford pass app that Malfunction indicator lamp shows an electrical fault has occurred for Waste gate position sensor. I have already scheduled a service appointment. Any quick fixes lol. I have seen the numerous other posts for this and hope mine is the last. :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just brought my 2 door Base bronco home on Saturday. On Monday morning headed down the road for my 54 mile commute to work. About half way there the service engine soon light popped up and I was alerted through the Ford pass app that Malfunction indicator lamp shows an electrical fault has occurred for Waste gate position sensor. I have already scheduled a service appointment. Any quick fixes lol. I have seen the numerous other posts for this and hope mine is the last. :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(
Hello, Todd! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This happened to me at 50 miles in (2.3L Manual Badlands). Dealer had to replace the entire turbo.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me at 50 miles in (2.3L Manual Badlands). Dealer had to replace the entire turbo.
How long did that take?? :oops:

Sponsored

Turbo NY

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 outlander/ 1996 eclipse GS-T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About 3-4 days
Lucky, I’m in same boat the actuator is fine but needs a new turbo..parts are on back order and no date was given on completion. I’m at 200miles

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoque & Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here… new turbo on order. Happened at 15 miles on my way home from the dealership.

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lucky, I’m in same boat the actuator is fine but needs a new turbo..parts are on back order and no date was given on completion. I’m at 200miles
Contact Ford Motor Company customer service. I’m having the same issue… I was told the turbo wouldn’t be in until the middle/end of May and then I had Ford open a case to expedite the part. New ship date of back ordered turbo has changed to April 18th.

TheCaseyD

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue here. Ford has had my vehicle for a week now (also contacted FMC support) and still no updates on when I can even expect the part.

@Loki4444 how long have you been waiting?

OP
OP
ToddLabbq

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wastegate sensor on National back order also. No ETA from Ford customer service or dealership

Sponsored

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue here. Ford has had my vehicle for a week now (also contacted FMC support) and still no updates on when I can even expect the part.

@Loki4444 how long have you been waiting?
I bought it March 28th and it went back the next day, so I’ve been waiting since then. I was told on the 29th that it wouldn’t be in until the middle of May at the earliest… I opened the claim to have it expedited and FMC calls me every Thursday with any new updates. This past Thursday I was told the new turbo ship date is now scheduled for April 18th.

OP
OP
ToddLabbq

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got my Bronco back from dealership last night and the wastegate was defective. They received the new part Monday afternoon and installed it yesterday. Wow what a difference in driveabilty as it now has more power then when I first picked it up.

Loki4444

Badlands
First Name
Shanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got my Bronco back from dealership last night and the wastegate was defective. They received the new part Monday afternoon and installed it yesterday. Wow what a difference in driveabilty as it now has more power then when I first picked it up.
Was the turbo replaced on it?
You’re so lucky to get the part you needed so fast! I’m jealous!

OP
OP
ToddLabbq

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was the turbo replaced on it?
You’re so lucky to get the part you needed so fast! I’m jealous!
nope just the wastegate controller as far as I know. Good luck on yours

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally had my dealer look at mine today - they've diagnosed it as needing a turbo and have a part on order, but it's on national backorder so no idea how long it'll take.

Good news is the Bronco generally runs/ drives just fine more often than not, so I'll keep it at home until the part arrives, then bring it in for the replacement. Hopefully sooner than later.
Sponsored