First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes… I am on week three. The dealer has no info on the turbo, but my Ford rep (I filed a service claim) indicated that the turbo was in the way to the “packager” last week, and would then go to dealership. No word from anyone yet. Friday will be one month since I purchased and 30 days since I’ve driven it. Trying to keep in perspective but very much sucks
Sponsored

G-Red

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my Badlands back 25 days later. They swapped out the turbo. Ford Motor Co gave me a debit card reimbursement for my first car payment and their PremiumCare extended warranty plan, as "good will". After arbitration, Ford Motor Co also threw in a check for $1k. The dealership gave me their ARB 47qt Fridege/Freezer. The rig is running great and I have had no further issues with it. And the sun is finally coming out in Seattle! Should be a fine summer.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How long should a turbo last in the 2.3? That's the engine I plan on getting, but have no experience owning a turbocharged engine. How much does it cost to get replaced outside of warranty? I keep my vehicles a long time.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This stuff worries me. My dealer is 4 hours away, I don’t want a breakdown on the way home from picking it up.

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I must say, after the long wait for the turbo I have nothing but good things to say. This engine is snappy once at speed and no power issues at all. Great lil driver on and off road. Very shitty start to this journey, but in a good place now. Fingers crossed all strays good

Sponsored

Unclejava

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Btw: it was Five weeks waiting in shop until i found the turbo. Two days to install. All good since.

G-Red

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good job !
- lots more compensation than people are getting for 2.7 blown engine replacements
Thanks. I filed a case with the BBB (who arbitrated with Ford Motor Co on my behalf) and our states lemon law office. Just a couple days of my life I’ll never get back! Squeaky wheel and what not…

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got my Badlands back 25 days later. They swapped out the turbo. Ford Motor Co gave me a debit card reimbursement for my first car payment and their PremiumCare extended warranty plan, as "good will". After arbitration, Ford Motor Co also threw in a check for $1k. The dealership gave me their ARB 47qt Fridege/Freezer. The rig is running great and I have had no further issues with it. And the sun is finally coming out in Seattle! Should be a fine summer.
Excellent job advocating for yourself for compensation!!!! Well done!
Sponsored