Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been in the 19.75 to 21MPG range driving normally with some days of 4HI mixed in due to snow over the last few months. Last tank got 22.5(hand calculated), few days top down, and few trips in sport mode. So now with gas prices jumping this tank I am going to try and see what I can max it out at. I always calculate it manually when I fill up as the on board MPG estimate seems to be optimistic by about 1.5 to 2MPG.

So for this tank, normal mode, leaving auto start stop on(I Hate it so much lol), using cruise control as much as possible and costing when possible and not using remote start. I'll report back and see if it makes any difference when it comes time to fill up.
Sponsored

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For all my vehicles i have always added a cold air intake. If you don't drive with a lead foot you can get better gas mileage. I get about 3 mpg on the highway with my F150 super crew, and almost 4 mpgs on my dodge charger. I super excited K+N has one in the works for the Bronco. Im sure it will be out before i get my Bronco.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow this is a chippy thread.

So has anyone noticed any difference in running Standard vs Eco vs Sport? I've tried all for an entire tank on regular gas to compare. I've tried premium too with Eco and Sport. No matter what I seem to stay in the 16mpg territory.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

So has anyone noticed any difference in running Standard vs Eco vs Sport? I've tried all for an entire tank on regular gas to compare. I've tried premium too with Eco and Sport. No matter what I seem to stay in the 16mpg territory.
I didn't really notice any difference between eco and normal. Probably because my commute is about 60/40 highway stop and go that eco wouldn't make much difference.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

for reference lifted on 37 with light bar i get 8mpg city 12.5 highway first edition 2.7 . Want better gas don't modify your rig

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't really notice any difference between eco and normal. Probably because my commute is about 60/40 highway stop and go that eco wouldn't make much difference.
I tried on a long trip w/o traffic and ran each for an hour, little difference. Granted was driving 85-90mph.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was running eco mode all the way up until my last fill up. Then I got annoyed that it wouldn't stay on eco on start up so I said whatever I'll see how bad it is. I watch the MPG on the dash religiously.

Honestly I've noticed at least a 1 mpg difference increase in normal vs eco. My current fuel trip is tracking pretty high. With these things getting into 10th gear at like 40 mph I can't imagine the mode matters that much. But that's been my observation. I think I'll be staying in normal mode from now on.

About 50/50 highway city

BlueGhost

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor, 2018 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One thing I've noticed on my Raptor, when going down hill I need to keep a slight pressure on the gas pedal. If I take my foot completely off the gas it starts to engine brake instead of coasting. I'm guessing an automatic Bronco will do the same.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been in the 19.75 to 21MPG range driving normally with some days of 4HI mixed in due to snow over the last few months. Last tank got 22.5(hand calculated), few days top down, and few trips in sport mode. So now with gas prices jumping this tank I am going to try and see what I can max it out at. I always calculate it manually when I fill up as the on board MPG estimate seems to be optimistic by about 1.5 to 2MPG.

So for this tank, normal mode, leaving auto start stop on(I Hate it so much lol), using cruise control as much as possible and costing when possible and not using remote start. I'll report back and see if it makes any difference when it comes time to fill up.
Well leaving auto stop on didn't seem to make any difference. Just filled up and 21.55 mpg which is in line with what I normally get. Did have one extra highway trip that might have skewed the results tho. Going to try it again this time in eco mode and see what happens.

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know if you have a bronco you generally don't care to to much about gas mileage.... But what if it was easy to get a bit more out of it? Wouldn't you want to maximize what you could with little effort? This is what I tried At least before I go ruin it all again with the lift. Lol.

So before. Running 33-34 psi in my tires, (Toyo Open Country CT and fuel Shok wheels, about .7lb heavier than the badlands optional wheels that came on it.), And the stock air filter. Running usually around the posted speed limits. Normal driving. 17.8 mpg was my average over about 2500 miles.
The changes, added 5 psi to the tires. Now 38-39psi. Changed out my air filter to the Whipple high flow one, literally easiest filter change ever. Did the tires about a week before changing the air filter this past Saturday morning. Still driving the same if not a little faster on avg. Now averaging 20.2 mpg this month so far.... So I'll keep tracking. We'll see what happens now that gas prices are suddenly shooting for the moon. I'll probably drive nicer and more conservatively as well. Lol

What have you guys done, if anything?! 👀🙃
Keep the vehicle weight down and remove the roof rack if you have it.

MPG was a concern when gas was cheaper let alone now.

I started a topic a while back asking for actual mpg feedback for 2 door manuals. The best mpg seems to be with the big bend with the factory 32" a/t's. Someone reported up to 25 mpg.

I have a set of big bend take-offs for my base model if ford ever builds it!

Compared to gas prices 2 weeks ago I'm now spending about $20 more per week or $80 a month. I'm cutting costs elsewhere to make up this up. Wasting money is not an option imo.

I don't have the bronco yet but I like it enough to keep my order. There's no other vehicle I like better and plan to keep it for along time. I like the look of the regular 32" a/t tires and without a roof rack so it would be as light and minimalist as I think it can be.

After I get it I'll probably head over the eccomodder forum to see what tricks they have for squeezing the most juice out of the bronco.

FYI, anyone who criticizes the desire to improve the mpg is a fool!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drive backwards half of the time, evens out to 0 gal/mile, not matter what tire size. Had a swivel chair installed to make the way home easier on my neck.

;-p

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well leaving auto stop on didn't seem to make any difference. Just filled up and 21.55 mpg which is in line with what I normally get. Did have one extra highway trip that might have skewed the results tho. Going to try it again this time in eco mode and see what happens.
I believe the science of start/stop is the car has to be off for 6 seconds to breakeven with the amount of fuel needed to get the engine working again. So if you roll up to a stoplight and it immediately turns green when you just have start stop stop the car, you lose actually. So with this knowledge in hand do you think you were using it correctly? I think it would be really noticeable in city use.

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
My PSI is at 45 right now in my base bronco and I'm only getting 22 mpg at the most!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My PSI is at 45 right now in my base bronco and I'm only getting 22 mpg at the most!
I’m at 37 PSI cold (like in the morning) but after I drive a bit maybe 40

Should I be a little higher?
Sponsored