Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know how you guys are getting in the 20's. I can barely break 18. (Gauge, not hand calculated)

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the science of start/stop is the car has to be off for 6 seconds to breakeven with the amount of fuel needed to get the engine working again. So if you roll up to a stoplight and it immediately turns green when you just have start stop stop the car, you lose actually. So with this knowledge in hand do you think you were using it correctly? I think it would be really noticeable in city use.
I had a feeling there needed to be some sort of time needed for it to actually have a benefit. I did my best to not let it shut off if I knew I would immediately start going. Definitely a few times where it was literally shut the car off immediately back on. On this morning's commute in eco mode every time I was stopped it was a decent amount of time, so I'll report back when I fill up again.

BTW when I saw your username I chuckled out loud at work

I don't know how you guys are getting in the 20's. I can barely break 18. (Gauge, not hand calculated)
ouch, I have found the gauge is almost always 1.5 to 2.5 MPG optimistic.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of this -
Ford Bronco Ways to eek out better gas mileage?! 1647353934412

Last edited:

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Big Boss

I didn't really need to hear that the gauge is optimistic......LOL

I'm driving so slow that blue hairs in Buicks are whipping past me.

I had a feeling there needed to be some sort of time needed for it to actually have a benefit. I did my best to not let it shut off if I knew I would immediately start going. Definitely a few times where it was literally shut the car off immediately back on. On this morning's commute in eco mode every time I was stopped it was a decent amount of time, so I'll report back when I fill up again.

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base

Yeah, I just push hard on the brake and the car turns off when I need it too. I don't run AC bc I live in socal so it stays off until I let go of the brake! Good luck! I hope you report back with good results, I have mixed suburb driving and I get a steady 20-22.

Sponsored

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m at 37 PSI cold (like in the morning) but after I drive a bit maybe 40

Should I be a little higher?
PSI is something you gotta feel out. Too much and the ride will be harsh too little and the car handling will feel sloppy. But to follow FORD recommendations and their engineers 35PSI cold. I like to run my PSI high and I have nothing to lose with these street tires. Ill just replace them if it fucks the tread.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PSI is something you gotta feel out. Too much and the ride will be harsh too little and the car handling will feel sloppy. But to follow FORD recommendations and their engineers 35PSI cold. I like to run my PSI high and I have nothing to lose with these street tires. Ill just replace them if it fucks the tread.

Gotcha.

Though I think my door jamb on mine says 37 cold....?

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gravity and momentum is your friend when it comes to gas mileage. Keep a light foot on the gas if you're on a stretch of road that's mostly downhill. Also, look up pulse and glide on Google.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh probably, my fordpass app says 35 probably because we have different trims/tires.
gotcha

what do you have?

I have a BD (non SAS) but changed to BL tires (285/70/17 KO2s)
Sponsored