First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread made me wonder if there would be a market for huskey or weathertec to make a 2 door seat delete rear mat? I think I would be interested in one that covers the whole cargo area with rear seats pulled out.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread made me wonder if there would be a market for huskey or weathertec to make a 2 door seat delete rear mat? I think I would be interested in one that covers the whole cargo area with rear seats pulled out.
The floor is uneven enough that you’d probably want something thicker. I also want to be able to bolt down things like my ARB fridge, so a wood platform like many are making or buying makes sense.

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have Huskys in my Black Diamond. I cut off all the nubs and they snap in and fit perfectly.
LOL. I cut all the nubs off my Husky mats too.
So therapeutic and good hand exercise....

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL. I cut all the nubs off my Husky mats too.
So therapeutic and good hand exercise....
I have a better hand exercise

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried to get into the back seat yesterday and found that the mats do not have any grip to the floor whatsoever. They fit perfectly but there is no traction to hold them in place.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tried to get into the back seat yesterday and found that the mats do not have any grip to the floor whatsoever. They fit perfectly but there is no traction to hold them in place.
Interesting, I guess with nothing to hold them in place it should be expected. That's good to know. I almost think I might not do them in the second row. The drivers floor board definitely gets the most wear.

OP
OP
mikejames

mikejames

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you find they slide around so much that getting in/out is made more difficult? I already have people whining about the difficulty of getting in the back seat...

I'd imagine you'd encounter this to some degree with any rear mats, since they lack retention pegs. That's part of why I prefer a single continuous rear mat (as opposed to the OEM one, which is 2 pieces). At least that transmission tunnel should somewhat keep things in place.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you find they slide around so much that getting in/out is made more difficult? I already have people whining about the difficulty of getting in the back seat...

I'd imagine you'd encounter this to some degree with any rear mats, since they lack retention pegs. That's part of why I prefer a single continuous rear mat (as opposed to the OEM one, which is 2 pieces). At least that transmission tunnel should somewhat keep things in place.
The tunnel did not seem to help hold it in place due to the mat being so flexible. I'm not sure what the answer is because like you mentioned there are no pegs. Maybe some Velcro along the outer edge? I have a set of Powersteps to install. Without them and trying to get into the rear from the ground, I found that the rear mat slid and made entry very difficult. The fronts fit fine though and seem to stay in place due to the pegs. Covers the sill nicely too.

I had switched to Husky for my recent vehicles due to the rubber on the X-act Fit being a lot more rubbery and grippy. Looks like Weathertech offers something similar now but not for our model.

I didn't like the idea of the Ford 2 piece as well hence why I went a different route.

Thinking back, I can remember when Weathertech and their laser fit style mats were new to the market. They used to provide pegs that you could install. This was before cars came with them and their mats had no nubs on the backs. I used to have a bag of them but think they went into the trash a log time ago. Doing a search of "floor mat retention clips" comes up with a lot of ideas.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
mikejames

mikejames

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
mikejames

mikejames

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. Husky 55941 is the part number. I’m very pleased with the fit and look after cutting the nubs off with angle cutters.
This is the way.

20230401_185108.jpg

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Returned Weather Tech when I realized they turned into ice rinks at -10f in a Nissan. Gave them another chance on a CRV and after a few years in the sun turned them into a warped rigid mess.

Used FordPass points for the factory pieces on the Bronco, and happy I did. TIme will tell about the pliability and cold performance.

My VW has thick rubber, not the polymer Weather Tech and Husky use, and I wish I could find something like that for the Bronco.
Sponsored