Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, the only thing I want on the BD build is the rubberized floor/wash out. I could go with cloth seats, but this vehicle is going to constantly have sand in it. I'm at the beach with gear basically 5 days a week on average, all year. So.......the wash out interior and drains are key.

Any thoughts on ripping out the carpet and adding a rubberized solution aftermarket? The only ones I've seen for the JK appear to suck (Bearug, etc.) and I've gone the line-x route and don't love it, as it's a bit too gritty. Rubber/marine grade vinyl seems to be the way to go.

I'm guessing the BD upgrade is worth it, or the Badlands and skip the Sasquatch to get a manual quicker.

Edited: BD not Burger King, ha
Sponsored

Last edited:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, in my JL wrangler I had the top off and only a bikini top on when I got stuck in a crazy storm that lasted the entire way from Cleveland to central Ohio. we had at least 2 inches of standing water on the floor when we got home.

I had to pull the carpet out which was very easy. it was basically made to come out. I then pulled all the drain plugs and let it drain then dried out with towels and air dried.

I hung the carpet up to drip dry and never put it back in. I just put the weathertech floormats back in and left it that way for 2.5 years. Loved it that way.

I put the carpet back in when I sold it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If getting the OEM rubberized flooring and installing that isn’t an option, the Jeep forums are overflowing with people who took their carpet out and replaced it with whatever else (usually rhino lined)…. The downside is the rubberized flooring has insulation/padding underneath, so a spray on would be missing that.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, in my JL wrangler I had the top off and only a bikini top on when I got stuck in a crazy storm that lasted the entire way from Cleveland to central Ohio. we had at least 2 inches of standing water on the floor when we got home.

I had to pull the carpet out which was very easy. it was basically made to come out. I then pulled all the drain plugs and let it drain then dried out with towels and air dried.

I hung the carpet up to drip dry and never put it back in. I just put the weathertech floormats back in and left it that way for 2.5 years. Loved it that way.

I put the carpet back in when I sold it.
Yeah, my carpet came out of my '07 JKU the 2nd day I owned it. I have the Quadratec mats throughout and that's it. So......this scenario has happened to me 100x of times, no issues with my JK, except that sand collects in the underseat wells that don't gravity drain that well. So, anyways, carpet is not going to be an option on the Bronco for me, just debating the added cost of the Black Diamond build vs doing something aftermarket.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, my carpet came out of my '07 JKU the 2nd day I owned it. I have the Quadratec mats throughout and that's it. So......this scenario has happened to me 100x of times, no issues with my JK, except that sand collects in the underseat wells that don't gravity drain that well. So, anyways, carpet is not going to be an option on the Bronco for me, just debating the added cost of the Black Diamond build vs doing something aftermarket.
Ah, I see. I honestly think all Broncos should have the washout floor.

Or give us the option of getting it from Ford.

Wondering if Anyone with a Black Diamond or Badlands see if it's simply comes out or if it's adhered somehow?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if Anyone with a Black Diamond or Badlands see if it's simply comes out or if it's adhered somehow?
Ford has advertised that the passive drain plugs are still present on all models, including those without the rubberized flooring… which I interpreted to mean you can just lift up the carpet and pull the rubber grommet out.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, the only thing I want on the BD build is the rubberized floor/wash out. I could go with cloth seats, but this vehicle is going to constantly have sand in it. I'm at the beach with gear basically 5 days a week on average, all year. So.......the wash out interior and drains are key.

Any thoughts on ripping out the carpet and adding a rubberized solution aftermarket? The only ones I've seen for the JK appear to suck (Bearug, etc.) and I've gone the line-x route and don't love it, as it's a bit too gritty. Rubber/marine grade vinyl seems to be the way to go.

I'm guessing the BD upgrade is worth it, or the Badlands and skip the Sasquatch to get a manual quicker.

I was wondering about takeoffs after a few Badlands and Black Diamonds get totaled and sitting in salvage yards? How hard do you think it would be to rip out the seats and floor?

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has advertised that the passive drain plugs are still present on all models, including those without the rubberized flooring… which I interpreted to mean you can just lift up the carpet and pull the rubber grommet out.
I presumed the drains are on all the Broncos regardless of model. But I would like it if I could buy the rubberized flooring instead of just running with no carpet all the time too. Carpet is kind of silly in a vehicle that is used for off roading/muddy/wet/snowy conditions in my opinion.

Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m putting armorlite in my gladiator this upcoming week, because I feel the same way about the carpet. Gonna try and put some sound deadening material under it before I install it. My Bronco order has the washout flooring, but I’m assuming there will be other aftermarket solutions eventually. One of the benefits of getting the Bronco a little later, is hopefully less of a wait for all this stuff to come out, and getting to see other people attempt to remove the seats/carpet first!

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’d be able to order the OEM rubber flooring from Ford through parts dept. Who knows how much it’d cost. You’d need to remove the seats and possibly center console to install, but otherwise would be easy since everything would be pre cut

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @ZackDanger, about the vinyl flooring, do you happen to have any insight on how the floor vents interact with the floor they go through? I'm looking at this later Town & Country TV vid on the Black Diamond here (timestamped at ~13 min) and after he pulls up the floor mats it appears we get a good look at the vents and the "seam" between the vents and flooring appears non-existent, as if the vent's through-hole was cut with a utility knife and no attempt at sealing or "moulded-in-vents" was attempted.

Would you happen to know if this is characteristic with the wash out flooring or is this a one-off mistake? I actually don't necessarily have an issue with the floor vents - though they seem to be much less ideal than conventional center-vents, but I do have an issue with a sloppy or imprecise cut-out which may allow a bunch of water or debris through to the underlying insulation (or whatever is underneath) which could create other issues. I suppose I was assuming that the vent outlets would have been moulded or clipped into the flooring in order to retain a tight vent/floor seal and this moulded vent outlet would then attach to duct work further forward under the floor of the Bronco but that doesn't appear to be what we have here. Seeing this, I think this is an example of where I wish Ford didn't go unconventional and instead just went with air ducting through the center console - totally eliminating this weak point. I assume there was some kind of design constraint but this seems very not-ideal when advertising "wash-out flooring". With that said, I'm assuming this may be the same issue around the seat mounts - sloppy seaming around the bracketing, but I don't think I've seen any examples of this yet.

I know you have them obscure deets, Zack so I'd like to hear your (or anyone else in the know) input on this. :) Thanks!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Washout floor should have been standard. Carpet or heated leather floors and butt wipers should have been the optionals.
Sponsored