NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Switched to soft top + conversion kit yesterday, will pick up a hard top down the line. Have had enough of this fiasco and want to put it behind me.
Have you seen any pricing for a future hardtop? I assume it will be significantly higher than what b&p shows since they won’t credit for the soft top.
Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen any pricing for a future hardtop? I assume it will be significantly higher than what b&p shows since they won’t credit for the soft top.
Dealer said it would be higher because of freight and logistics to get it from production to them, they also said they likely won't be available till 2023 because they would be prioritizing the tops for vehicle orders before making them available to purchase.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what will happen on their end can only confirm that there is a contract in place with a new supplier.
Sounds like we all should hope to get a top from the new supplier instead of a webasto top

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you are right but they are the same company that makes tops for jeeps and other vehicles so they not new at it and why them/Ford wait so long or last min to get them done.I am a tool&die maker and why tooling failed is one not made right or design right or engineer right .
I have found nothing to confirm Webasto makes the Wrangler or Gladiator hard tops.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I post the questions one day and was told yes but you can be right .
Yes - I tried searching around the internet for who makes Jeep tops, and never found anything besides Mopar. It did find they had their own top fiasco a while back - in 2010 their supplier Meridian Automotive Supply went bankrupt, and they had shortages until Continental Structural Plastics took over.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Does anyone remember dual top B&P cost. It will essentially be that price (I.e., the cost of the hard top in addition to the soft top), plus shipping. Ball park anyway.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone remember dual top B&P cost. It will essentially be that price (I.e., the cost of the hard top in addition to the soft top), plus shipping. Ball park anyway.
I would bet on $3000 all told - similar to Wrangler. Possibly inching towards $4000. Not sure about the later MOD top, that could be on the higher side. It's a hit to the wallet - hopefully folks switching to soft top realize.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would bet on $3000 all told - similar to Wrangler. Possibly inching towards $4000. Not sure about the later MOD top, that could be on the higher side. It's a hit to the wallet - hopefully folks switching to soft top realize.
The only thing I could find is the survey pricing—$3700—but somebody has it on an old DORA or something.

Agreed - not going to be inexpensive. Particularly if you were thinking MIC and then $2200 Bestop Trektop.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing I could find is the survey pricing—$3700—but somebody has it on an old DORA or something.

Agreed - not going to be inexpensive. Particularly if you were thinking MIC and then $2200 Bestop Trektop.
Hopefully down the line, along with a 2-door soft top, we see a selection of Bronco soft tops, with some lower cost options. For example the JL soft top link below under a grand.

That's kind of why I usually recommend buying a Jeep with the hardtop, because the aftermarket hardtops typically don't match the OEM quality and are quite costly. While there are typically a number of lower cost soft top options available, sometimes with design or features that beat the OEM.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/all-new-trektop-nx-soft-top-20-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those were posted before the “hard top prep kit” was announced. Do you think ford will make owners turn in their soft top to purchase a mic top for $695, or could it be $1,795 -$695 to purchase the mic top and keep the soft top?
It's gotta to be the whole $1795 to buy a MIC top.

I think $1795 - $695 ($1100) is what you would pay for the soft top as a stand alone item.

As I see it, your 4-door comes with a soft top included in the price. You have paid $1100 for it in the purchase price. If you want to purchase the MIC (dual top option), the MIC costs $1795 IN ADDITION to the $1100 you already paid for the soft top. I really don't see Ford offering a buy back program for the soft tops.🤔

Because you are right about the $695 is only an upgrade charge to get a $1795 MIC top if you never got the $1100 soft top in the first place, but paid for it in your vehicle's price.
Sponsored