Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just watch out for the crap add on's that you do not request.
I've been through it with RSM Ford already and they we not honest about dealer add on's.
When I pressed the issue, they came clean and said "well we do add LoJack, but the price is negotiable.
RSM Ford is very close to me, but they lost me due to not being upfront.
I'll be using either Villa Ford in Orange or Eric from KM.

Exactly right, be sure to ask specifics and include the phrase "besides price & taxes, what other fees are associated with this purchase?" This has helped me in prior purchases to know all fees up front and can deny any ADMs.
Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's up to the new dealer. Most do not charge when you transfer... but, new direction from Ford, last week, is that each dealer must hold a minimum deposit of $500, upon the actual order of a Bronco.

If you don't take the Bronco, when it arrives, some dealers have said that they Will return your $500 deposit, while others have not committed (that I know of). I guess you will need to still ask all dealers, if they will honor the X Plan (some won't), if they will charge ADM's, and if they will return you deposit, in the case that you don't take delivery of your Bronco.
FYI. Deposits given to dealers for cars are 100% refundable in the state of CA according to state law. No non-refundable deposits here. That's actually one law I like about CA.

The other law that's nice is the $85 cap on dealer doc fees. Some dealers in other states charge $500+ doc fees. I've even seen $800 doc fees from dealers in FL.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI. Deposits given to dealers for cars are 100% refundable in the state of CA according to state law. No non-refundable deposits here. That's actually one law I like about CA.

The other law that's nice is the $85 cap on dealer doc fees. Some dealers in other states charge $500+ doc fees. I've even seen $800 doc fees from dealers in FL.

Second this as well and know of some people that went the out of state route and got hit with the higher fees even if they got the vehicle at a lower msrp.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tustin here. Originally at AutoNation Ford in Tustin. They could not commit to anything, MSRP, Xplan, etc. Told them about the Granger deal, said that would never happen, they are ruining the market, etc. Said that that they would cancel my reservation after I left. That interaction solidified my decision to switch. This all came from the GM! I'm a former customer of theirs but never again will I buy from them

Switched to Granger Motors in Iowa. Can't beat that $1300 under invoice and total transparency.
Fly and drive or the shipping option?

Sponsored

Bcohen5055

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NB Miata, Mazda 3, Chevy Cobalt
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fly and drive or the shipping option?
I was also originally assigned Tustin, they never would reply to my emails and I finally decided to just switch to Kearney Mesa. Absolutely horrible customer service from Tustin. Even once I have my Bronco I'm nothing there for service.

Doobs

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was also originally assigned Tustin, they never would reply to my emails and I finally decided to just switch to Kearney Mesa. Absolutely horrible customer service from Tustin. Even once I have my Bronco I'm nothing there for service.
I won't go back there for service either. Villa Ford was always cool with my Lightning and Mustangs.

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm John. My assigned dealer is Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park. I live in Cypress so it's close but their communication sucks! I'm going to switch to Villa Ford or Kearny Mesa. Villa is pretty good at answering questions. The only thing they don't know if they will have a display model.
Did Villa Ford give you any assurances on the MSRP or available plans?

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome! Aside from fires and sometimes abnormal heat, LA can be fun and enjoyable?

Which trim are you leaning towards when you make your reservation???
You forgot to mention traffic...

As far as the heat if you live west side itā€™s about 10-20 degrees cooler than anywhere else in LA

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You forgot to mention traffic...

As far as the heat if you live west side itā€™s about 10-20 degrees cooler than anywhere else in LA
Very true! Traffic is a mess here... my least favorite thing.. I used to commute hour and a half sometimes 2 if traffic got bad or an accident happened etc. for a job I had a few years ago.... I'm so glad I don't make that commute anymore!

Papa Bear

Badlands
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 4-Dr Sasquatch, 1966 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going with Granger in IA for the $2K off invoice that was offered during October, in writing. Gonna be a fun trip back through Utah!

Rrpilot

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Resurrection time. Late to the party. Located near Temecula and chose Gosch Ford. Not feeling much inspiration there but seems ok. I have an FE LB 4 door on order. Priority code is 19 as of now. MSRP deal which I guess is ok. I have heard that pretty much no one is getting deals on FE trim.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one born in Southern California calls it SoCal. I didnā€™t even know what SoCal meant til I was in my 20s
Mmmm I was born in SoCal and Iā€™ve used SoCal for 72 years