Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good call. If I remember, you're in Philly, right? Moving out to the burbs?

And yes. Friday is the day for that. My place also has this meeting amnesty thing on Thursdays. So that's a solid day for me to duck out.
Good memory. Moving out from the city, into the burbs surrounding Philly. Rarely see me ever having to go back to center city
We have "no meeting Friday afternoons" here at my org and that makes Fridays my favorite work days. Just easy peasy meeting minute sending and status reporting. Can do that by a fishing stream no sweat
Sponsored

Last edited:

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know how anyone can WFH without a dual monitor setup. That wont fit in a Bronco.
I've been saying, since the first 2021 F150 pics leaked with the flat work surface, that the 12" screen should double as a second monitor.
Ford Bronco WFB (Work From Bronco) 2021-Ford-F-150-Limited-Interior-007-Center-Console-Flat-Work-Surface

Unfortunately, I don't see this working in a manual Bronco. :(

Then again… I'm already running two 24" monitors, plus my 15" laptop screen. Don't think I could cut back to a single 12" monitor.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know how anyone can WFH without a dual monitor setup. That wont fit in a Bronco.
https://www.thexebec.com/

My org is still at limited staffing with assigned days in the office and assigned days working remotely. At home it's just the laptop, not ideal but I just don't want to buy another monitor. At work it's two 23" monitors. Several in the office flip a monitor 90 degrees and use it in portrait mode....easier for email and calendar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn good point there. I envision more of a card table or picnic table set up. I guess I'd need hook up for power as well
I have the data plan in my Explorer, its $200 per year and coverage has been good. I believe there is a data limit before you bump into a higher data tier, but do not recall what that is. Kids use it for Netflix and gaming on road trips and have never went over the data limit.
@ericwayne is that service through ATT? I'm on Verizon but I was pretty sure they are the carrier for Ford. I'd think I could use my own phone as a hotspot but was thinking the vehicle would be better for that.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been making-do with a 14 inch laptop screen for almost a full year. Yeah, it sucks, but it’s better than going into Manhattan right now.

use Windows button plus left/right arrow to dock the active window against the side of your screen, and when everything else gets small click the one you want to dock on the other side

voila, dual “screen” on a laptop.
I have to use a work issued laptop for security reasons, but I run a 2k monitor from the laptop. Hard going back to a 14" screen for coding after the 2k. Actually I could use a second monitor - for watching stocks while working. Ford stock has been good to me. :)

Sponsored

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn good point there. I envision more of a card table or picnic table set up. I guess I'd need hook up for power as well

@ericwayne is that service through ATT? I'm on Verizon but I was pretty sure they are the carrier for Ford. I'd think I could use my own phone as a hotspot but was thinking the vehicle would be better for that.
Yes, its through AT&T. My regular service is through Verizon as well, but for the price I thought it would be good to have it directly on the vehicle rather than additional drag on my family plan. It does seem to work really well, we travel on a monthly basis a few hundred miles back and forth to see family, so it definitely gets used a lot.

OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not very versed in generators, other than the obvious. My guess is that you'd run a surge strip from the outlet and plug in your laptop/monitor/whatever and when you need juice, it kicks on? Would it always be running if you have a monitor always running or is there some type of reserve battery cell that powers your stuff and the generator kicks on to power the cell?
Yes to the Surge protector, always running, pair it with a separate battery backup unit for part time running. Then get a remote start generator when it is time to charge.

You could start with a battery unit first, it may be enough power for the day, multiple brands and sizes are available.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirec...VY6ogV5tTHsmbPhnSuw__4s-aFLOSbx4aAuKKEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Biz-...t=&hvlocphy=1026278&hvtargid=pla-818838648681

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

StarLink is kicking off maybe a future mobile solution? I went permanent remote in 2018, I can work anywhere as long as I can get a connection.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I pay for Hotspot on my phone but seldom use it. That said I'd likely use it finally for my WFB days

I was also thinking along the same lines as you-- to utilize the picnic setup.

An adapter for powering the laptop isn't hard to find.
This is totally doable!

Last edited:

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone who has had to literally work from their vehicle while on call in 100+ degree weather while ice cream melts its a solid pass. That said I wish the Bronco had a fold flat front passenger seat like the Xterra does. As it sets up a desk of sorts from the back seat. Not 100% ergo friendly but its usable.

It sounds all awesome and stuff until logistics slap you in the face, so yeah get a table and a chair and work beside the vehicle.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, its through AT&T. My regular service is through Verizon as well, but for the price I thought it would be good to have it directly on the vehicle rather than additional drag on my family plan. It does seem to work really well, we travel on a monthly basis a few hundred miles back and forth to see family, so it definitely gets used a lot.
Yeah, I'm a fan of the car hotspot. At least on the Tahoe you can add/remove as you please. So I'll add it for road trips, then remove it after the trip is over. Took a 12hr road trip to the Smoky Mountains 2 summers ago and it was a godsend. Kids on their switches the entire time. Best $20 I ever spent.

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the data plan in my Explorer, its $200 per year and coverage has been good. I believe there is a data limit before you bump into a higher data tier, but do not recall what that is. Kids use it for Netflix and gaming on road trips and have never went over the data limit.
We've got it in an Expedition. I think it's $20/month for unlimited. I've had three kids streaming simultaneously with no issues. Might need to get it for the Bronco, too.

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've got it in an Expedition. I think it's $20/month for unlimited. I've had three kids streaming simultaneously with no issues. Might need to get it for the Bronco, too.
Now that you are saying it, I believe mine is unlimited as well.
Sponsored