Sponsored

What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so if a dealer says it won't take less then MSRP then there not much negation to be done .
True. My dealer said MSRP, no more no less on all ordered Broncos. I pushed a bit but soon realized they were sticking to MSRP and with 90 orders and 8 allocations they didn’t care if I walked over it. The difference on my original Black Diamond order was about $1400 MSRP to invoice, whatever.

So many people on here who went to Grainger or another dealer collecting Bronco orders under invoice are now very disappointed. Maybe I’m a chump for paying MSRP, but I’ll actually be driving my Bronco while those people chasing under invoice are still on here griping about the wait.
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True. My dealer said MSRP, no more no less on all ordered Broncos. I pushed a bit but soon realized they were sticking to MSRP and with 90 orders and 8 allocations they didn’t care if I walked over it. The difference on my original Black Diamond order was about $1400 MSRP to invoice, whatever.

So many people on here who went to Grainger or another dealer collecting Bronco orders under invoice are now very disappointed. Maybe I’m a chump for paying MSRP, but I’ll actually be driving my Bronco while those people chasing under invoice are still on here griping about the wait.
No you not because I think Grainger is about the only one under MSRP .I called around in NV,CA ,AZ and UT and all was at MSRP but I got luck and found one that was taking the Xplan and I went with them.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, that's just your price. All you have described is what YOU are willing to do. The market is everyone. When a buyer and seller meet, that's a market. You can stay all day long at MSRP, but if Broncos are being bought and sold at 5K over MSRP, that's the current market price. If a dealer puts too high of a price on a Bronco, it will just sit there (as you said) because he's asking an "above market" price and can't find a buyer. If he lowers his selling price, he will eventually find a buyer. We already know that you will buy it at MSRP, so that's the floor. Now would someone be willing to pay $500 over? $1,000 over? $2500 over? Who knows.

You really don't know how this works, do you? Dealers have sold first editions for 100k, that doesn't mean that they are worth that much but just some rich guy who has money to burn and doesn't care. Ford is going to do direct to consumer pricing and deliveries via their Express website within a year. Dealers should not charge ADMs, Ford knows they do and discourages it, Dealers still do it anyway. Ford says screw the dealers we will go to Market just like Tesla. Anyone paying adm or above should be paying cash or else are just burning money.

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This 30k ADM is wild. Saw one today at a dealer near me. They were closed so I couldn't laugh at somebody about it.

They also had 7 or 8 other Broncos, and the same number of Sports littering the lot. Couldn't believe they had so many.

Ford Bronco What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot? PXL_20211107_223332297.MP

Ford Bronco What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot? PXL_20211107_223322214.MP

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This 30k ADM is wild. Saw one today at a dealer near me. They were closed so I couldn't laugh at somebody about it.

They also had 7 or 8 other Broncos, and the same number of Sports littering the lot. Couldn't believe they had so many.

Ford Bronco What’s a fair Dealer Markup for a purchase from the lot? PXL_20211107_223322214.MP

That window sticker says “special order”, I wonder if they got someone to walk because of the ADM or if it was a dealership employee’s order.

Sponsored

Turkeydinner

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got mine from this dealer, got it for MSRP! Apparently the customer backed out before it was shipped, wanted to save money for a cyber truck 🤣
Loved my experience with this dealership!

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, like has been said. I know 2 dealers who have Broncos on their lots with the stickers removed and them putting go to market prices. They still have them to this day and I will not pick up the phone to make an inquiry into just how much over MSRP they want. I could care less if they sit there for 10 years and they eventually close their doors. I have no idea how some dealers survive on selling 5-10 cars a month right now but guess they do.

I am holding out for the EV or Hybrid Bronco which the President of Ford said should be out sometime in 2022.
The price of gas is ridiculous and under the current administration will do nothing but increase. When I do put my order in it will be from the one dealership that I trust the most and it will be the 1k off MSRP deal.
Got a link on that claim?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It seems that the cause for many of the "interesting" answers in this thread is that the OP took a legitimate question (in the thread title) and then peppered it with a bunch of statements that biased the responses.

He mentioned he's a "late reservation holder", but it's irrelevant to the question.
Asked if he is being crazy.
Said his gut told him he's a nut.
Called himself an idiot.

So what I'd like to do is rephrase his question and see what answers we get.

"I don't have a reservation, but I really like the new Ford Broncos and would like to buy a Wildtrak in the next week or two. How much should I expect to pay over MSRP (if anything) to get one?"

What would be your answer to that question?

Last edited:

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m also a liberal. In ca
I’m not paying msrp
I’m getting mine before xmas
Again...

And you negotiated below MSRP on your Bronco by negotiating with the dealer? Just curious. What was your leverage?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems that the cause for many of the "interesting" answers in this thread is that the OP took a legitimate question (in the thread title) and then peppered it with a bunch of statements that biased the responses.

He mentioned he's a "late reservation holder", but it's irrelevant to the question.
Asked if he is being crazy.
Said his gut told him he's a nut.
Called himself an idiot.

So what I'd like to do is rephrase his question and see what answers we get.

"I don't have a reservation, but I really like the new Ford Broncos and would like to buy a Wildtrak in the next week or two. How much should I expect to pay over MSRP (if anything) to get one?"

What would be your answer to that question?
Easy, "Be prepared to bend over and supply your own lube."

Close thread...

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP , are you sure that when your bronco comes up that you ordered it will be MSRP from said dealer you are using ??? do you have it in writing / contract at agreed on price ???
what if the dealer decides to stick it to you and charge 10k above what you thought or maybe 15 - 20K above !!!!
I say if you can get 10k above on your trade in and use that to wash out their markup GO FOR IT
WIDE TRACK AND BADLANDS ARE CLOSE TO EACH OTHER IN PACKAGE
badlands is what on your signature avatar , thats what I'm using that comparison .
OG out

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Again...

And you negotiated below MSRP on your Bronco by negotiating with the dealer? Just curious. What was your leverage?
I am going to go with, the American's with Disabilities Act. LOL.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope the market price is whatever a person is willing to pay. I could buy any Bronco I wanted too for any amount that would make me an idiot. I could care if I have one now or in 2 years from now. I will not pay anything more than MSRP, and the only reason I have not pulled the trigger on one now is because I want the EV/ Hybrid they have been promising the market.
Yikes- that is exactly what he is saying. What is your argument?
Sponsored