Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious...But why is the parking brake such a big deal?

I prefer the tactile feel of a mechanical one too, but it's hardly anything I'd call a deal breaker. I figure I'm missing something.
Useful way for braking in the snow.
Sponsored

ferg

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My only dealbreaker is time. Build it and I’ll buy it. Preferably a dark green, four door, hard top, automatic transmission Raptor version pretty please.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. gen also had drum brakes. Do you also expect the 2021 Bronco have them?
Let's hear one for three on the tree, manual steering, no air and a 105 hp six!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Curious...But why is the parking brake such a big deal?
Huh? Maybe the updated 3.6 liter JK or are you talking older TJ? I’m tall / don’t have that problem on the JK 3.8. It is sometimes an issue in the TJ.
It was a 2013 JK rental I had, but looking at a photo to jog my memory I see it was the gear range knob that dug into my leg. I'm use to most cars with a center hand brake cutting into my leg so that is what I at first thought of.

The problem I have being long legged is finding vehicles with a narrow/low/non-existent center consoles. Many of them are massive or have sharp edges that they do not allow you to comfortably rest your leg against them. If it is not comfortable to drive on a regular basis, for me and my needs, it is a dealbreaker.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey CRISPY, I realize they are all speculative information, im not posting im just replying to the info posted. I really am interested in the full sized, two door, auto with air cond, 4wd, I want a v8 but realize that's not going to be an option. what I was referring to was the post this morning showing the 1.5l and 2.somethig that was available ion the sport version. I promise I will never buy a 3 cly anything. The only 4cyl I have owned was a courier that left me stranded on the side of the road with a dropped valve, And the wife's Toyota, camery bought because of a timing chain, not a belt. That was because of a daywoo laganza that left her stranded on the side of the road because of a timing belt tensioner breaking and wrapping the valves. one pmt left. the ford 6cyl I owned in an f150 broke a crankshaft. have never lost a v8 . did loose turbo in a Cummings v6 . 4k fix . I am looking for a daily driver two door, for me! don't care if anyone ever rides on the other side, the turbos are high winding little motors, I don't drive like that. I averaged about 45 mph in my early broncos, low end . low torque just slipping around. Not rock crawling, not mudding (don't want to tear up my stuff), we have two days of ice here a year, I stay home.

now with trump releasing the emission ratings maybe we will start seeing , v8's again, we can get what some of us want. I'm not bashing ford here, but if they don't want our opinion why are we asking for them? I wish the reveal would have happened like we thought was planned.

My plan is to buy a replacement vehicle in about 6 months. just made the pmt on my pickup ,1 more left!!! woohoo wife needs a new one, she is leaning toward a highlander, I'm trying to get her to wait on the bronco reveal. the 4 door would work for her,

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

now with trump releasing the emission ratings maybe we will start seeing , v8's again, we can get what some of us want. I'm not bashing ford here, but if they don't want our opinion why are we asking for them? I wish the reveal would have happened like we thought was planned.
I was just reading those revised standards go from a 46.7 mpg fleetwide average in 2026 to a 40.4 mpg average. So Trump didn't save the V8. If you are Ford and your fleet is all SUVs, Trucks and the Mustang, I don't even see how you make the average unless there are a lot of diesels, electrics and hybrids in the market by 2026.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was just reading those revised standards go from a 46.7 mpg fleetwide average in 2026 to a 40.4 mpg average. So Trump didn't save the V8. If you are Ford and your fleet is all SUVs, Trucks and the Mustang, I don't even see how you make the average unless there are a lot of diesels, electrics and hybrids in the market by 2026.
This is why the 1.5 and the Mach E are really important to Ford.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
revised standards go from a 46.7 mpg fleetwide average in 2026 to a 40.4 mpg average
I think the pickle we're in at the moment illustrates the idiocy of single-nation standards for Anything. I haven't seen this confirmed by a $2B government study as yet, but I imagine that carbon emissions wander around the globe as fast as virus does.

PAPA old school

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 bronco. 2018 chevy z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is untrue of Ford's Ecoboost engines. They are low-mid range torque engines primarily.

I stand corrected, havnt ever driven one!
Just read about them. except in my dodge Cummings turbos never kicked in until about 2500 rpms then it came to life.

Labor
Time
Total
R&R both turbos​
9.3 hours​
$1,116.00​
assumes $120/hour rate
Total replacement cost? About $2250 using today’s parts and labor costs

That's the option I don't want! replacing turbos at about 150k miles

that info is from another site . here's the link, It might be someone else's opinion

https://tundraheadquarters.com/ford-ecoboost-turbo-replacement-cost/
Sponsored