Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm got a Badlands sasquatch coming some day. No real spacer lifts for sasquatch. Don't won't to replace everything I paid for on sasquatch. Just wondering if an 18 in 0 offset wheel w 35s would work. I'd gain a inch no major parts upgrade. I've got 18s with 35s on my GMC, NITTO trail grapplers. I'd probably do the new Nitto Recon.

20181211_164731.jpg
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see two negatives with 18s, more expensive, and Heavier (probably e rated ) tires.

OP
OP
dweskamp

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see two negatives with 18s, more expensive, and Heavier (probably e rated ) tires.
The 17 nittos I looked at are E rated. Depends on the rims for wt.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yep! 17 or 18 tires or wheels have no deciding factor if they are E-rated or not. It has to do with the offerings in that tire. Nittos tend to E rated. They even have a F rated tire now.

The 17 nittos I looked at are E rated. Depends on the rims for wt.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm got a Badlands sasquatch coming some day. No real spacer lifts for sasquatch. Don't won't to replace everything I paid for on sasquatch. Just wondering if an 18 in 0 offset wheel w 35s would work. I'd gain a inch no major parts upgrade. I've got 18s with 35s on my GMC, NITTO trail grapplers. I'd probably do the new Nitto Recon.

Did I understand correctly? Are you thinking you'd gain an inch going to 35's with an 18" wheel? Maybe I misunderstood. The tire size is 35" regardless of the wheel size. Personally. I wouldn't recommend an 18 over a 17 because when you air down you want some sidewall flex to flatten the tread and create a bigger foot print, and when that happens a shorter tire sidewall is more likely to get cut by a rock or rut squeezing the tire into the rim. Since 16" rims fit the brakes, for off road performance I'd rather have the smaller 16" wheel. I assume since you got the SAS then the Bronco isn't just for looks. ;) 🙂

Sponsored
OP
OP
dweskamp

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I understand correctly? Are you thinking you'd gain an inch going to 35's with an 18" wheel? Maybe I misunderstood. The tire size is 35" regardless of the wheel size. Personally. I wouldn't recommend an 18 over a 17 because when you air down you want some sidewall flex to flatten the tread and create a bigger foot print, and when that happens a shorter tire sidewall is more likely to get cut by a rock or rut squeezing the tire into the rim. Since 16" rims fit the brakes, for off road performance I'd rather have the smaller 16" wheel. I assume since you got the SAS then the Bronco isn't just for looks. ;) 🙂
I'm still dealing with covid brain. My 72 had 15s with 35s. It went everywhere. I climbed the back side of a damn before it was lifted. Had to back straight down.

FB_IMG_1623900528153.jpg