Sponsored

What are the easiest ditch lights to install?

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here in AZ just want to apply more light to the sides and maybe go with a combo lens. I like the Baja Designs if someone can point me to a reasonable ditch light for that purpose.

Looking at BD Squadron Sport or XL Sport.
Round XL Pros are what I found I liked best. I went through a couple iterations.
Ford Bronco What are the easiest ditch lights to install? IMG_7437
Ford Bronco What are the easiest ditch lights to install? IMG_7344
Ford Bronco What are the easiest ditch lights to install? image
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We offer Diode Dynamics and Baja Designs with round bezels on request (it makes too many drop downs if we add it to the drop downs). You just have to ask and we'll swap in round bezeled lights.
Do the Squadron Sports come in round?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do the Squadron Sports come in round?
Yes but our ditch light kits don't offer round. You have to just specify you want round in the order comments

Sponsored

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes but our ditch light kits don't offer round. You have to just specify you want round in the order comments
Thanks for the great support. I think I have decided on the Squadron Sport R for my application. I know they are not as big as the XLs but with the antenna should still work well and look clean.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went with BD Squadron Sport-R.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch + Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a good cheap round ditch light from Rough Country. I have these on my Bronco. Easy to install and look great with the Black Series, Round, and Amber backlight.

Black Series Round LED Light Pair | 3.5 Inch | Amber DRL | Rough Country

Ford Bronco What are the easiest ditch lights to install? 6ea22616f1e202f3f7c322b707c66%2Ff%2Fc%2Ffc3a1849_1
I like the look of these a lot. I’m wondering about the operational specifics though. Is it wired such that the center horizontal bar turns on automatically with the DRL and is amber, but then the other six lights go through to an Aux switch and are white?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like the look of these a lot. I’m wondering about the operational specifics though. Is it wired such that the center horizontal bar turns on automatically with the DRL and is amber, but then the other six lights go through to an Aux switch and are white?
The amber horizontal DRL bar is wired/switched separately from the six white lights. I have mine on two AUX switches......one for the amber DRL bar and one for the six white lights. You could eliminate one of the switches though and tie the amber DRL bar into either the parking/running lamp circuit or the DRL circuit.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For ditch lights I would want something mild that I could use around others. Nilight have been a solid budget option that have a mild output. People who use blinding lights are on the do not invite list.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the Baja Squadron Sport Rs from 4X4 Truck LEDs. Does anyone know which harness is the Bronco Upfitter harness? It came with both.

Also, do most go with the included connectors or cut them off?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got the Baja Squadron Sport Rs from 4X4 Truck LEDs. Does anyone know which harness is the Bronco Upfitter harness? It came with both.

Also, do most go with the included connectors or cut them off?
The harness that is in the Baja Designs box is just a generic switch harness. The harness that was NOT in the Baja Designs box (the one with the red/black wire leads with weatherproof connectors) is your upfitter harness.

And no, most harnesses DO NOT include connectors. OUR harness already have pre-crimped weatherproof heat shrinkable connectors on the upfitter side. You just plug the other end (with the WP connectors) into the light and then crimp on the other end of our harness to your upfitters.

If you don't own a crimper you'll want to buy one (they are cheap). Then you can use a heat gun (preferred method) or a lighter to heat shrink the connector on (the connector is already installed)

We take the extra step in pre-crimping the connectors for you

This side goes to the light
Ford Bronco What are the easiest ditch lights to install? 1704209944316

This side goes to your upfitter wire (red wire) and a ground point (black wire). There's lots of grounding points in your engine bay, even a few right above the upfitter wires. Just remove a bolt going into the chasis and then attach the ground wire to it and put the bolt back in

Ford Bronco What are the easiest ditch lights to install? 1704209973594

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BL 2 Door, 2007 FJC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The harness that is in the Baja Designs box is just a generic switch harness. The harness that was NOT in the Baja Designs box (the one with the red/black wire leads with weatherproof connectors) is your upfitter harness.

And no, most harnesses DO NOT include connectors. OUR harness already have pre-crimped weatherproof heat shrinkable connectors on the upfitter side. You just plug the other end (with the WP connectors) into the light and then crimp on the other end of our harness to your upfitters.

If you don't own a crimper you'll want to buy one (they are cheap). Then you can use a heat gun (preferred method) or a lighter to heat shrink the connector on (the connector is already installed)

We take the extra step in pre-crimping the connectors for you

This side goes to the light

This side goes to your upfitter wire (red wire) and a ground point (black wire). There's lots of grounding points in your engine bay, even a few right above the upfitter wires. Just remove a bolt going into the chasis and then attach the ground wire to it and put the bolt back in

Very impressed with your harness! It will make the install really easy and clean. Thanks for the quick response as always. 4X4TruckLEDs is highly recommended to all!

ORACLE Terry

Base
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, RAM TRX, Gladiator, Wrangler JL,
Your Bronco Model
Base