Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Use the heck out of them but I wouldn’t take up Aux 1. I’d throw a relay under the hood and use one of the lower amperage switches as a trigger. I run $23 Amazon lights with Amber and white. For something you might use 10 hours a year I can’t justify hundred of dollars for a brand name.
You have a link for those? Mine will be more for looks over anything else, don't make any sense to drop major coin on decorations.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have a link for those? Mine will be more for looks over anything else, don't make any sense to drop major coin on decorations.
I’m not sure how to link but here is without and with them on. They went up a little in price
Ford Bronco What are these ditch lights? F77B548B-52B7-4B59-AAE8-483DD72E226C
Ford Bronco What are these ditch lights? BA99BC08-18FB-46ED-9332-43DE359B34CF

Ford Bronco What are these ditch lights? FF60CCB2-9CB8-42C7-A94F-84C44158AEEB

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are just some "amazon special" lights. Honestly, pretty much garbage. They'll do the job for you but won't focus the light anywhere and will rust within a few months and eventually get water inside.

They'll do the job for you now but honestly if you want a good set of ditch lights check out Baja Designs or Diode Dynamics: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

If you do decide to use those, get yourself a harness. THIS harness will work but you'll need to cut the plugs off our harness to give you a positive and negative wire to splice onto those lights: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-a-pillar-wiring-harness-2x-wp-2-pin-connectors-baja-designs/
Hey Adam,

What is the best beam pattern to use when mounting on the A-pillar? It looks to me that unless you use a focused beam, a lot of light is wasted on the hood of the Bronco.

I have the fog lights in the Capable bumper, and having had some heavy fog in Portland, OR the past week. I can attest that the those lights are totally useless and need some better fogs. So torn between updating the current fogs with something better (and amber) or installing something on the A-pillars, but am worried about a lot of the beam lighting up the hood and I don't think I would like seeing that from a driver's perspective.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Adam,

What is the best beam pattern to use when mounting on the A-pillar? It looks to me that unless you use a focused beam, a lot of light is wasted on the hood of the Bronco.

I have the fog lights in the Capable bumper, and having had some heavy fog in Portland, OR the past week. I can attest that the those lights are totally useless and need some better fogs. So torn between updating the current fogs with something better (and amber) or installing something on the A-pillars, but am worried about a lot of the beam lighting up the hood and I don't think I would like seeing that from a driver's perspective.
Well you should check out our new dual fog kits for the Capable bumper:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco-capable-bumper/

Coming out within the next few weeks

Ford Bronco What are these ditch lights? 1667162149421

As to the pillars. SPOT patterns are the best. Pillar lights are higher up and a spot pattern works best since it'll go down range. A COMBO pattern is the next best. This is where it gets weird.

The Baja Designs COMBO pattern is both a SPOT and a WIDE pattern.
Diode Dynamics COMBO pattern is a DRIVING and a FLOOD pattern.

Basically a DRIVING pattern from Baja is SIMILAR to their spot but it's a bit wider. It's like a wider spot so to speak (good for high beams).

The FLOOD pattern is basically what it sounds like, light is flooded all over the place.

Soooo on our demo truck we ran COMBOS from Baja Designs (XL80s) but we're actually swapping in Diode Dynamics this week and we opted for an SS5 COMBO pattern. We have light bars on the roof/bumper and honestly it's all for show.

If your truck is WHITE or a very reflective color, SPOT is what i'd recommend. Darker and COMBO would work. Because less glare. Keep in mind pillar lights shouldn't be used on public roads, EVEN if you did an SAE Fog, that's not legal that high up for public road use.

Soooo yeah SPOT or COMBO is what i'd go with for pillars. And as I said, check out our dual fog kit for the Capable bumper coming out soon

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well you should check out our new dual fog kits for the Capable bumper:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco-capable-bumper/

Coming out within the next few weeks

Ford Bronco What are these ditch lights? 1667162149421

As to the pillars. SPOT patterns are the best. Pillar lights are higher up and a spot pattern works best since it'll go down range. A COMBO pattern is the next best. This is where it gets weird.

The Baja Designs COMBO pattern is both a SPOT and a WIDE pattern.
Diode Dynamics COMBO pattern is a DRIVING and a FLOOD pattern.

Basically a DRIVING pattern from Baja is SIMILAR to their spot but it's a bit wider. It's like a wider spot so to speak (good for high beams).

The FLOOD pattern is basically what it sounds like, light is flooded all over the place.

Soooo on our demo truck we ran COMBOS from Baja Designs (XL80s) but we're actually swapping in Diode Dynamics this week and we opted for an SS5 COMBO pattern. We have light bars on the roof/bumper and honestly it's all for show.

If your truck is WHITE or a very reflective color, SPOT is what i'd recommend. Darker and COMBO would work. Because less glare. Keep in mind pillar lights shouldn't be used on public roads, EVEN if you did an SAE Fog, that's not legal that high up for public road use.

Soooo yeah SPOT or COMBO is what i'd go with for pillars. And as I said, check out our dual fog kit for the Capable bumper coming out soon
Thanks for the quick reply. The link you provided points to the bracket, but not to a whole kit, so not sure if that is the link you intended to send.

TBH, that's a lot just for the bracket, and I still need to buy the lights. Hoping that a full kit (bracket plus lights) might be a better deal.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the quick reply. The link you provided points to the bracket, but not to a whole kit, so not sure if that is the link you intended to send.

TBH, that's a lot just for the bracket, and I still need to buy the lights. Hoping that a full kit (bracket plus lights) might be a better deal.
Sorry here is the full kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco-capable-bumper/

Full kit starts at $649

Our brackets are no joke. Made right here on Long Island by a union metal fabricator. Made of 12 gauge stainless steel then powder coated black on top of that.

You can't find a higher quality bracket then the KR Off-Road brackets.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the Diode Dynamics Sport SAE Driving in amber on the pillars. I’m happy with the result on the off chance I get to use them. I bought Pro for everything else, but these work great in Sport because of the tighter beam.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Bronc6g22

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any @4x4TruckLEDs.com light discounts for November/ Black Friday? Looking at modular bumper lights.

Last edited:

Sponsored

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you purchase a mount or just use the 2 torque screws area to mount light bracket that came with light?
Was able to use the bracket that came with the lights, but did go a with longer screws to keep secure

frkrican2004

Outer Banks
First Name
freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dover

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP - those lights look just like the Barricade lights have on my F150. Didn't even last last a year, filled up with water. Lots of other people had the same issue. I learned my lesson on cheap lights!

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands