Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco Team,

I need your honest assessment. I’ve ordered an OBX advanced, 2.7, high package, carobnized grey and hardtop about 2-3 weeks ago.

I placed the order through Military Auto Source at Andersen AFB Guam, to be delivered to the states when I move back in May23. So far MAS has provided very little information. My requested delivery delivery date is 15 May 23. So far, all I know about the order is that it was “accepted by manufacturer.” If anyone has any idea what this actually means, I’d appreciate it a better understanding.

Any idea if getting the Bronco as ordered near the requested delivery date is reasonable/likely given all of the production delays and limited production capacity? Or is it time to start looking at other options?
Also, when should I expect to get a vin number?

Thanks!
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
No idea, for us civilians, the order banks are closed, so no clue. Doubt that the delivery date will be met. On a side note, Andersen is awesome, love the beach with the hogs hanging out while you do people things...

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Technically one can't place a new order for a 2023 until February 23, only those doing a roll over from 2022 or who had an unused reservation could get one ordered. right now. So I am skeptical, but the wild card is the military auto source, if they effectively bypass the limits us mere civilians have, maybe it could happen. Supply chain has eased, and they do seem better at getting them produced in reasonable time.

One frustration with the 2022 was Ford seemed to get sticking it to reservation holders and new orders (often with the exact build of some reservations) were getting built in 3 months. If that is the case, if it goes into the open order banks in February a May build is possible. My Bronco Base ordered end of November 2021 got built 4 months, but then took 2 1/2 months to deliver.

On the positive side I haven't heard any new dirt mountain or Ice mountain stories, and if people are still there, it doesn't seem to be the masses that were there 8 months ago.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I placed the order through Military Auto Source at Andersen AFB Guam, to be delivered to the states when I move back in May23. So far MAS has provided very little information. My requested delivery delivery date is 15 May 23. So far, all I know about the order is that it was “accepted by manufacturer.” If anyone has any idea what this actually means, I’d appreciate it a better understanding.
A postscript to my other reply, what does your gut tell you about MAS? Does this service in the military usually do a bang-up job? Do you have a sense that they are treating it pre-pandemic or are they clearly operating under present supply chain constraints? You have a better idea than most here, but I am sure there may be others with experience with MAS that could share their feeling. It is entirely possible the MAS is just operating at a pre-pandemic SOP (excuse me if I get the term wrong). Also, I am guessing this is a contracted-out service. In bureaucracies there is little incentive to do more than the minimum. Your gut probably will serve you well here.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

854 days and counting and they still haven't scheduled my build for Production. You've got a bronco bingo sheet along with the rest of us now (you should have already got an email confirmation from Ford, not your dealer, about your order if your dealer isn't lying to you.) Good luck

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My requested delivery delivery date is 15 May 23
FYI, most members here "requested delivery date" was Spring 2021.

As pointed out, and of course MAS maybe different, but the order banks are currently closed to new walk-in orders. Only those with existing reservations or carry over orders are able to place a new order. Now, they may be able to place an order for a lower model with 2.3, soft top and no advanced 4x4. But if your order doesn't meet that criteria and doesn't go through the order banks are rumored to be opening back up in February 2023.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a MAS order in and my Buyer's Offer for a '23 Badlands has the following listed in it.

"!! Restriction Warning:

Please Note: This Model May Be Available As A Limited Allocation Edition. Any Production Or Delivery Date is Not Guaranteed Until Confirmed By The Manufacturer."

The requested delivery date of 5/17/23 (earliest the system would allow), I'm moving back to the states in Feb. I'm not very optimistic this will build out based on trends, but so long as I get my $500 deposit I have down it doesn't hurt. I save $826 or 1.32% by using MAS than using a dealer.. not a great deal anyways.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Team,

I need your honest assessment. I’ve ordered an OBX advanced, 2.7, high package, carobnized grey and hardtop about 2-3 weeks ago.

Any idea if getting the Bronco as ordered near the requested delivery date is reasonable/likely given all of the production delays and limited production capacity? Or is it time to start looking at other options?

Thanks!
I ordered from MAS on Camp Zama Japan, a 4dr Badlands, 2.7, lux and Sasquatch package on the 17NOV. My estimated delivery date in 31MAY. Same question as you..

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish you the best but I wouldn’t dream about driving it in May.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have a backup plan...
I would take more than a minor miracle for that to work out.

The biggest problem (other than no new orders being able to be put in right now) is that there is no way for them to know when it would get built/delivered.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wildcard here is MAS. None of us really understand how allocations work for MAS.

If you are willing to change to a squishy top, I'd say your odds were probably really good. Hard tops are still (and will remain) constrained.

Blank

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150, 2017 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bronco Team,

Thanks!
CoryT

I'm stationed here at Andersen as well. I put in my order last month and just received my VIN this morning. I have the same delivery as you. I order a LUX Wildtrak with the hard top, Eruption Green. So this is my second time ordering through MAS and both experiences are different. They should've told you that the delivery date is only to the port in Cali and not here in Guam which will take atleast another month beyond that. Now I wouldn't hold my breath that we'll see them in June.

Shorty you should rec an email from Andria Roberts asking if there is anything you want to change on your order. then probably 2 weeks later you'll rec your vin. After that production date but given how things have been looking for everyone we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are willing to change to a squishy top, I'd say your odds were probably really good. Hard tops are still (and will remain) constrained.
Really? I read that knowing I’m moving to NJ for a couple years and thought no way, then I just saw the “show us your snow pics” thread. Nearly all shown were in soft tops. Are the hardtops something that a 3rd party may release one day?

OP
OP

CoryT

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to keep everyone updated. I checked my MAS account this morning. I now have a VIN and have moved from “Accepted by Manufacturer” to “Scheduled for Production.”

I placed my order on 1 Nov. Accepted on 5 Nov and VIN on 20 Nov. There is a lot of time between now and May but it looks MAS is gonna come through.
Sponsored