Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I currently have a day 1 reservation for a OCNORB that I am excited for and can’t wait to pick up ?
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not cancelled either of my reservations just yet, but now on the fence. The delays have pushed my likely delivery dates into about the same period as the Rivian R1T 400+ and the price increases have moved into roughly similar territory as well (after factoring in the EV incentives.)

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah .... looking for an ‘05 so I can actually swap out the bearing for an LN or EPS retrofit. The ‘06-‘08s went to the strongest of the three bearings but it’s still a sealed bearing problem is it can’t be swapped unless you tear the engine down. ?‍♂?‍♂

JK
tried to buy a messed up cayman that the ims bearing failed on ,the guy and i agreed on a price i show up with trailer he finds out i was going to put a coyote in it from my stupid helper.
Guy cancels deal says thats not the direction he wanted to see it go?..porsche owners?
Check out rebel motorsports in tx 5.0 into cayman conversion?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Every few days I browse CarGurus for:

Ram Rebel
Ram Power Wagon
Colorado ZR2 Duramax
GM 1500 AT4 Duramax
Jeep Gladiator

Ford is probably one more botch away from me just going to buy one of those and start enjoying it now.

Sponsored

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has obviously jacked this Bronco rollout up with all their strange packages, colors, and prices. I am curious what you are now looking at instead of that Bronco you were planning on? I was day 1 res holder looking at 4D Base with Sas 2.7 auto, but probably not anymore. Please let me know what you are getting and why.
Considering switching to a pickup because as it is now I need two vehicles. One is to tow my wife’s horse trailer and one for family duties. Bronco wouldn’t cut it in the towing dept so id keep our suburban. If I got a tundra crewmax and did some mods it would be great for camping and cross country trips and towing the trailer. Added bonus is that it would be 5-6 k less than my bronco build.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm a 7/25 holder and I'm going to hold out until the BNP is finalized, hopefully by 1/10/2021. If Ford doesn't fix their shit with the interiors and tops, they might as well rename the company to Fraud. In this case, I plan on ordering a Jeep Rubicon and order it from Idaho instead of Texas. Also, I have to keep in mind that the Fraud Bronco is an expense, not an appreciating asset.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jason as long as these guys come on here with the swan songs as they leave I am gonna cheer them on, if someone doesn't want to buy a Bronco then go in peace, no hard feelings from me.
You do you boo. Nobody made you click on a thread that you already knew would make you upset before you did it. If someone doesn't want to get a Bronco and is asking for other suggestions then more power to them. At least leave it to people who actually want to be constructive.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"working on it"
Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.36.41 PM.png
I thought everyone who canceled on here was going to add the reservation date as a courtesy to those still moving forward?
As for the complaints and cancellations, well Ford is listening and watching, this thread/cancellations can only add pressure to Fords response .. Last nights tweet from Mr.Levine stated they are updating B&P again .. let's see what happens next!

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting. I'm driving a '16 JKU with a little over 50,000 miles and no payments. I'm not in a hurry to spend money. With no Cold Weather Pkg available for BD that includes heated steering wheel, no stand alone option for the B&O sound system and no confirmation of the sunrider for hardtop being available for the 2 door, I'll continue to wait. If I'm going to spend around $50,000 I want those options. If a year or two go buy and I still can't get those on a Bronco I'll probably get another Wrangler.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please just leave and drop the res so we can move up in line...no one needs the drama queen sob story...you say you’re going, so just be a man and go without seeking out sympathy and people to join you to make you feel better about yourself.
No need to be nasty to me. I wasn’t looking for sympathy I was just wondering what people were cross shopping because there are a lot of alternatives and I have actually got some really good ideas from folks constructive responses on here. I didn’t make you click this thread and you knew what it was. Please take your negative comments elsewhere. Also Ford reads these threads, so all these comments only put pressure on Ford to do better ?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the meantime a Mclaren 765LT in Tokyo Cyan blue in the works. Here is what it will look like when completed.
Can't wait to see that baby at Moab!!!

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am buying time, instead of the Bronco, right now.

Looking forward to putting in the order to lock some prices down.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Found a ‘21 rubicon diesel in Sting Grey with the exact options I would build at a local dealer if I were to order one... It’s basically at the same MSRP as my potential BL.

*0% APR for 36mths...Sooo tempting.
Sponsored