Sponsored

What body color looks best with black painted top?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know this is a sport but rapid red looks best with black top IMO.

6FA2668B-A323-4F86-BA01-5DCD3D93C641.jpeg
I think this one has had fewer color adjustments by camera. It's still a great color combo as the tri-coat LOVES glossy surfaces to be around, such as the shadow black roof.
Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? 2021-Ford-Bronco-Four-Door-Outer-Banks-Fishing-Guide-Concept-Exterior-002-front-three-quarters
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMB would be the only color I'd have to see in person first before giving the okay to.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Number one on my list. Cactus Gray, Black top, Black Wheels, Black Grille, Black mirrors and Black decals.
Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? B1614F9B-5495-4A71-9827-AB705696B7E1
We are gonna be twins! Glad you are in N.C. BTW, I'm Arnold! lol
Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? twins

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As Cactus Gray fades into the rearview mirror (this is a pun, because concrete colored cars can't really be seen in the rearview mirror as they blend in with the road), I keep going back to this as a beautiful and complimentary combination with the shadow black roof.

Plus the Cyber Orange is tri-coat, so being paired with glossy surfaces helps make the depth of a tri-coat really pop.

Ford Bronco What body color looks best with black painted top? 1602537016951

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't get me wrong it's not going to look bad at all, just my opinion a full black painted top with the Velocity Blue will be overpowering. Hence my desire to go with the AMB which will in certain light and angles nearly match perfectly.
Fair enough. I just feel like if you're going to go through the effort/expense of having a different color top, that you'd want it to be a noticeable difference - not "oh is it or isn't it? Did they forget to do that part?

And I could totally be wrong - it might look good, but in my head I'm having a tough time pairing AMB with the black top - then again, I'm not a fan of AMB to begin with, as it's way too dark for my liking.

I am a bit old school in my ways of viewing color combos.

Any bright color IMO will look really good with the black top. Rapid red, Race Red, School Bus Yellow(cyber organge) and even Velocity Blue.

Colors that will look good with it, Black Carbonized Grey, Oxford White ( Boring combo IMO)

Colors that I think will look terrible with it, Cactus Grey, Area 51 and Anti Matter blue. I just don't think cactus grey or Area 51 will look good with black, I think it would just look odd and Antimatter blue is to dark of a blue to contrast with black
Agreed mostly - the brighter color gives it contrast.

I disagree on the Area 51 though - we saw the pics of it with the black soft top and I thought it looked good there.

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally wouldn’t do AMB with the black painted top. Think of it like an outfit... I think a dark navy blazer looks better with gray slacks. Dark navy and black can look like a weirdly mismatched suit.

I think a lot of people on the forum are being optimistic about how often AMB will NOT look black. I’ve heard it described as a unique color. But then a ton of people will say it reminds me of (insert dark blue color on another make.)

Once you really start paying attention to “black” cars on the road you’ll see there are quite a few of these super dark blue cars out there. So I think the black painted top will look like a car that’s two mismatched shades of black 95% of the time.

I think CO, A51, OW, Silver, VB, both reds and Carbonized Gray would look sharp with a black top.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is just my lowly opinion so take it with a grain of salt. I see the painted hard-top more practical for those who are never going to take off the top. If you do plan on having quite a bit of open-air fun, I would not option for the painted top and stick with the MIC. It is going to be a lot more expensive to replace the painted top as well. One little bump, drop, or something sliding across the black paint, and it's going to stand out like an eyesore or crack it in the worst case scenario. Coming from someone with a tuxedo black F-150, it doesn't take long before your perfect black paint looks like scratch and swirl city. That is just my .02.
@tshaw2009, That's my biggest fear in laying the money out for a black top. If we ever get a B/P page my best laid plan of mice and men is to compare the price of the painted black too to that of having the Gray MIC top painted white. The wife wants our Bronco to be Race Red. Black would be the best with Race Red, but keeping it clean is going to be like a lifestyle choice. And I don't think (but not sure since we can't see one in person) that the MIC Gray will suit me.

Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think oxford white will look great with the black painted top. If I don't get a FE I think I might order a white bronco with white painted top then trade someone for their black painted top + some other incentive since it'll be in such high demand.