First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those who have one.. What you hauling? I'm looking at getting a camper but idk what's to haul. The tow cap is 3500. I saw a jl tuck hauling a winnebago so I know it's possible in the bronco. However I can't seem to find anything within the rating.
Sponsored

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Airstream Basecamp 16 and Rove Lite are two that I have been eyeing. Almost any pop-up camper, teardrop or overlander will also fall under the 3,500 lb limit.

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Jayco 16 MRB camper. 2800 pounds dry weight. Iā€™ve been towing it with a dodge grand caravan no issues, so Iā€™m sure I will have no problems with a Bronco. I have been using a Anderson weight distribution hitch. Love the set up!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if a having a "camper" specifically is a requirement for you, but I personally will be doing an overlanding trailer with a pair of roof-mounted tentsā€”one on the Bronco and one on the trailer itself.

Haven't decided on the specific trailer yet... I may ultimately build my own. But the the top three contenders at the moment:
  • Turtleback Trailers - Probably what I'll be going with.
  • Patriot Trailers - Australian company, the most popular and most feature-filled trailers for sure. BUT, expensive.
  • Off-Grid Trailers - Canadian company. Solid trailers for sure, but just didn't see one with the combination of features I'm looking for.
I also looked at teardrops, although I've basically ruled those out at this point. But since I put in all of the research for it... here were my top two choices to save you some time:
And some more traditional campers and popups that I briefly considered but ultimately ruled against:

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know if a having a "camper" specifically is a requirement for you, but I personally will be doing an overlanding trailer with a pair of roof-mounted tentsā€”one on the Bronco and one on the trailer itself.

Haven't decided on the specific trailer yet... I may ultimately build my own. But the the top three contenders at the moment:
  • Patriot Trailers - Australian company, the most popular and most feature-filled trailers for sure. BUT, expensive.
  • Off-Grid Trailers - Canadian company. Solid trailers for sure, but just didn't see one with the combination of features I'm looking for.
I also looked at teardrops, although I've basically ruled those out at this point. But since I put in all of the research for it... here were my top two choices to save you some time:
And some more traditional campers and popups that I briefly considered but ultimately ruled against:
I do like to have some luxuries. I've spent years growing up with the old school pickup camper. I slept on the top cabinet/bed. It sucked. Also I do have one preteen and one toddler. I was hoping for at least a bathroom of sorts. I like the bean trailer tbh. I can see running that with overhead bed space also.

Edit: sorry, that's an outstanding list by the way

Last edited:

Sponsored

Swatman

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been researching off-road campers for some time and that's a great list.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do like to have some luxuries. I've spent years growing up with the old school pickup camper. I slept on the top cabinet/bed. It sucked. Also I do have one preteen and one toddler. I was hoping for at least a bathroom of sorts. I like the bean trailer tbh. I can see running that with overhead bed space also
Look at a used 'trailmanor'. They're in the cusp of 3500lbs depending on what you pack and had a bath, sink, fridge and no mesh to take care of.

OP
OP
PghBronco

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Jayco 16 MRB camper. 2800 pounds dry weight. Iā€™ve been towing it with a dodge grand caravan no issues, so Iā€™m sure I will have no problems with a Bronco. I have been using a Anderson weight distribution hitch. Love the set up!
Do what hitch?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive been looking at something like this, but I have a hard time wanting to spend almost as much as my Bronco on a trailer.. Might have to find a used pop up trailer for time being.

Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive been looking at something like this, but I have a hard time wanting to spend almost as much as my Bronco on a trailer.. Might have to find a used pop up trailer for time being.
Yeah I get it. The wife needed a bathroom with a shower. Main reason and weight is why I went with the Jayco.

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There are a couple things I like about this set up. The hitch itself is much lighter than the normal weight distribution hitch with the bars. This thing also has sway control built into the hitch itself. Nothing additional is needed and it does a excellent job of controlling sway while cruising down the highway. As a sidenote, I use a Curt wireless brake controller that you use with a phone app. I love it, no box required under the dash or on the consol to operate the brake controller. Link below for the hitch.

https://andersenhitches.com/product/weight-distribution-hitch/

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I get it. The wife needed a bathroom with a shower. Main reason and weight is why I went with the Jayco.
Do you mind sharing how much it cost you all said and done? Weā€™ve been looking in the 15-20k mark as an absolute limit to spending.. That 16ft Jayco would be a sweet little unit for my S/O and I.
Sponsored