Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So sad, Esmeralda hit a deer tonight. Grill, hood, front driver fender, driver door, driver headlight. No leaking fluids, airbag didn't go off, bumper still looks straight not pushed back, no flashing dash lights. The headlight and fender took the brunt of it. Hood was not pushed back into the cowl. Won't know more until the fender comes off to see internal damage. Engine compartment looks all in place. The drivers door only opens a few inches because the fender is pushed back a bit. Other than all that it still runs great.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3460.JPG

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3459.JPG

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3458.JPG

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3457.JPG
Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
AVS Lightsheild Pro

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3457.JPG
Awesome. I’ve been eyeing this. the pics on their website are terrible!

would you mind posting another pic or two, maybe one from above/to the side, and one with the lights on?

it looks great from the front, at least!

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Currently I am just using a mag mount for the GMRS antenna on the top of my secure cargo enclosure Along with the short antenna that came with my Midland radio.

The VHF/UHF antenna is on this combo flag/antenna mount I picked up from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2WFV2CH

HAM antenna is Comet SBB-7 (NMO)

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-001573

Both do great with minimal SWR. Was really surprised the Midland antenna was SWR 1.0 out of the box. I had to trim the SBB-7 a little to get it to 1.01 at 146.520

Mount:

GMRS/HAM SWR readings:

Thanks! I was thinking I’d get the Midland Ghost antenna, but sounds like the short antenna is perfect.

Nice looking rig!

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome. I’ve been eyeing this. the pics on their website are terrible!

would you mind posting another pic or two, maybe one from above/to the side, and one with the lights on?

it looks great from the front, at least!
I am mostly happy with the product. The shield has a slight curve at the edges, and the light bar is too stiff to follow that curve, so it doesn't sit perfectly flush at the edges (maybe the first inch on each side). The 3m tape isnt strong enough to hold it for the first 1-2" on each side. A design fault in the indentation of the shield. Does not appear to affect function (it is still sturdy) and doesn't look bad per say, especially considering the way light bars in general sit out anyways on off road vehicles. Just something to consider. I am thinking about how it could be corrected, but leaving it for now.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20220903_032212326-01

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20220903_161633162

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20220903_161702894

Last edited:

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am mostly happy with the product. The shield has a slight curve at the edges, and the light bar is too stiff to follow that curve, so it doesn't sit perfectly flush at the edges (maybe the first inch on each side). The 3m tape isnt strong enough to hold it for the first 1-2" on each side. A design fault in the indentation of the light bar. Does not appear to affect function (it is still sturdy) and doesn't look bad per say, especially considering the way light bars in general sit out anyways on off road vehicles. Just something to consider. I am thinking about how it could be corrected, but leaving it for now.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20220903_161702894

awesome. Thanks so much!

Well it looks great. Are you suggesting that the edge near the trail sights sticks up a bit because the tape isn’t strong enough?

if so, would a little extra adhesive help there? Or maybe really bending the shit out of it before attaching?

I have PPF on the front of my hood, so I’m wondering if I’d just tape The hell out of the light bar, knowing that it will eventually come off without damaging paint (if i would ever need to)

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

awesome. Thanks so much!

Well it looks great. Are you suggesting that the edge near the trail sights sticks up a bit because the tape isn’t strong enough?

if so, would a little extra adhesive help there? Or maybe really bending the shit out of it before attaching?

I have PPF on the front of my hood, so I’m wondering if I’d just tape The hell out of the light bar, knowing that it will eventually come off without damaging paint (if i would ever need to)
No, the shield is perfect fitment. The LED strip ON the sheild, also uses 3m tape to mount to the shield. The sheild has a curve where the light bar mounts. The light bar is very stiff. It doesn't sit flush near the edges (I showed in my photos) It's a common complaint. I saw others mention this as well. I took extra care with prep/mounting and even clamped it for awhile before mounting and it still just pops off the first 1.5" or so. The lightbar just wants to stay perfectly straight and not bend. It is minimal though.

Edit to add: overall very happy with the overall look. Just wish they basically beveled the transition from the front of the shield into the indentation so that seating surface remained flat for the light bar. If that makes sense.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, the shield is perfect fitment. The LED strip ON the sheild, also uses 3m tape to mount to the shield. The sheild has a curve where the light bar mounts. The light bar is very stiff. It doesn't sit flush near the edges (I showed in my photos) It's a common complaint. I saw others mention this as well. I took extra care with prep/mounting and even clamped it for awhile before mounting and it still just pops off the first 1.5" or so. The lightbar just wants to stay perfectly straight and not bend. It is minimal though.
Ahh. I see it now. Thanks for the thorough reply.

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜22 BB Sas, β€˜14 Raptor, β€˜71 Hemi β€˜Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Earlier in this thread someone asked about photos of tire poke and lift.
I have 1.5” spacers all around and the Zone 2” Sasquatch (perch/spacer front and just spacer rear). 37x12.5r17” on stock Sas wheels.

Here are a few more photos

10AD6E64-9079-4727-9E1D-60C4B5CDF5DB.jpeg

FC09BBF2-07E2-4776-A3B0-F8439AFCD8F7.jpeg

025DBB15-0450-4F70-81E8-B214682441A4.jpeg

37F961A7-899C-4416-B893-97669180FB28.jpeg

570BACC2-0055-491E-B1F2-50018CEAEA29.jpeg

27C29301-2D41-4892-9F2D-5F5CEBA6DC46.jpeg

Sponsored

NamVet66-67

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sport V6 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With deliveries just around the corner, let's kick this off. Anything pretty much goes from major mods, regular maintenance, a good wash and wax or coated it mud off roading.
Dam, not that is an easy one...."Wait, then Wait MORE"

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently I am just using a mag mount for the GMRS antenna on the top of my secure cargo enclosure Along with the short antenna that came with my Midland radio.

The VHF/UHF antenna is on this combo flag/antenna mount I picked up from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2WFV2CH

HAM antenna is Comet SBB-7 (NMO)

https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-001573

Both do great with minimal SWR. Was really surprised the Midland antenna was SWR 1.0 out of the box. I had to trim the SBB-7 a little to get it to 1.01 at 146.520

Mount:

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20220901_211513028
I have that mount for my flag. I like it. Haven’t done radio yet, but that’s for sure how I want to do it.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Put the Archetype Racing Magnum steps on.

Steps Side Veiw.jpg

Steps Front Veiw.jpg

Steps Front Veiw2.jpg

Steps Side Veiw2.jpg

Steps Install.jpg

Steps PreInstall.jpg

Steps Boxed.jpg

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Waiting on body shop availability to get both passenger side doors, mirror cap and rear flare replaced. Added Pro Comp 37s and an ICON 3" lift. Ready for Super Celebration Colorado.

Pro Comp 37s and ICON Inch lift.jpg
Sponsored