First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the ford windshield frame covers. I had a friend wrap the frame in matte black first. Without the wrap I would have just tossed them. They might work okay on a dark colored Bronco as is, but the fit is barely acceptable, and on a light vehicle it would not look good in my opinion.
IMG_1433.jpeg
IMG_1435.jpeg
IMG_1434.jpeg
IMG_1436.jpeg
IMG_1437.jpeg
Sponsored

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally installed the new headlight switch w/ fog light button and activated the fog lights with FORScan.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240322_050320123

Also, picked this up!

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20240322_045856179

Toddo77

Heritage
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Day two of prep for Ceramic Coating…
Cant wait till its all finished…

IMG_3037.jpeg

IMG_3038.jpeg
Very happy how good it looks today completed now!! Might try shaving in the mirrored finish as well!
also added Door Sill protectors to help save paint from scratching…

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3045

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3048

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3051

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3050

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3049

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_3047

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going in gals and guys...

- Transmission filter and fluid change + PPE deep transmission pan is the main objective today.

-------------------------------------

If time today (if not during the weekend):

- Transfer case fluid change

- Rear axle fluid change (I need to pull my Ford Performance cover to drill and tap for a temperature probe, so I'll reinstall the stock cover temporarily).

- Engine oil and filter change

I will create a detailed post as per usual when completed with the transmission work.

@redone17 + @Dorf2point0

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240322_120657

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

- Transmission filter and fluid change + PPE deep transmission pan is the main objective today.

- Rear axle fluid change (I need to pull my Ford Performance cover to drill and tap for a temperature probe, so I'll reinstall the stock cover temporarily).

I will create a detailed post as per usual when completed with the transmission work.

@redone17 + @Dorf2point0

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240322_120657
Is there a reason you are that concerned with rear diff fluid temps enough to put a probe in?

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there a reason you are that concerned with rear diff fluid temps enough to put a probe in?
Yep; the D44 Advantek under our Bronco is the exact same one (except for mounts) that is under the Wrangler. Here is the rear axle temperature at 75MPH UNLOADED at 95Β°F ambient temperatures with stock 33" tires and stock 4.10 gearing, just driving down the highway in the 2019 Wrangler that I sold to get into a Bronco.

I could easily push that to 240Β°F or higher when loaded or towing.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_20200808_123246

Peepers

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finished the installation of my Midland MXT275 GMRS radio. I used the Mountains 2 Metal mounting bracket to install it behind the glove box. Still waiting on my IAG Molle bracket for the passenger side of the console. That's where I'll hang the handset. For now I just have it laying in console cubby. I mounted the antenna on the passenger side rear of the hood. I may change it later to the mounting area by the mirror. Since I don't have the accessory switches I ran it direct to the + side of the battery, fused of course. I will be getting a switch to be able to switch the power off/on. Sorry for the dirty vehicle. Gotta love living in the South with the pollen!

20240322_134156.jpg

20240322_134122.jpg

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep; the D44 Advantek under our Bronco is the exact same one (except for mounts) that is under the Wrangler. Here is the rear axle temperature at 75MPH UNLOADED at 95Β°F ambient temperatures with stock 33" tires and stock 4.10 gearing, just driving down the highway in the 2019 Wrangler that I sold to get into a Bronco.

I could easily push that to 240Β°F or higher when loaded or towing.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240322_134122
Isn't that normal operating temps though? Or trying to gauge how often you should be swapping fluid?

https://www.randysworldwide.com/blogs/tales-from-the-tech-line-keeping-gears-cool-during-break-in

Biggest thing at least whenever I regeared was to minimize heat build up on break in.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Isn't that normal operating temps though? Or trying to gauge how often you should be swapping fluid?

https://www.randysworldwide.com/blogs/tales-from-the-tech-line-keeping-gears-cool-during-break-in

Biggest thing at least whenever I regeared was to minimize heat build up on break in.
I would not consider 225Β°F unloaded to be "normal"--though perhaps the new normal for Advantek axles. I rarely saw those temperatures towing my fifth wheel in a 2010 F-150 and a 2015 F-250 with 9K pounds behind it.

But to your point, it is also about understanding fluid life and for all I know, Ford had Dana do something different and the temperatures for the Bronco will be in the 200Β°F range.

(For me) to prevent having to do heat cycles during break-in after re-gearing , I simply have my gears REM Isotropic polished which eliminates the need for actual break-in, though you do have to change the oil.

Sponsored

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@redone17 + @Dorf2point0

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240322_134122
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000002701
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000002704

Rock Slide Engineering spare tire rack with some Roto Pax.

Pretty guccilander but to me this is a very elegant solution with a two door.

Also double check your spare tire lugs, mine were finger tight.

Torque Spec is 41 ft lbs on the spare.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where did you purchase your script? And it is metal? So many options out there but this looks good. Thanks
Thank you. It’s Ford performance and unfortunately it’s plastic, but looks pretty nice.

NCLife

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just returned from a 1500 mile road trip to go fly fishing at Pyramid Lake in Nevada for a week. Always my happy place. Since I have posted last I recently added DV8 Metal fenders, ARB Rear bumper, ARB Skid plates, AFE Intake, AFE Hi-Tuck Exhaust, Ford Tuner, DV8 Rock sliders, Oracle Taillights, Trailrax Roof Rack, Upgraded to takeoff Badlands Bilstein suspension and wheels. Really love the Bronco!

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  1000002704

Great looking rig. I'm looking at the DV8 sliders. Would you buy them again?