First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
how does this sound when driving? I feel like with auto (not this - any automatic with a BOV) it would be whooshing all the time lol.
I haven’t driven it since I installed it. I did rev it, but it didn’t “whoosh” until it like like 4k rpms. I’m going to drive it tonight to see what it sounds like.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
KMC Grenade Desert Wheels:

PXL_20240211_190102090.jpg

Custom powder coated Anthracite (metallic) plus clear coat and orange bead lock rings (no clear coat). Tried to match the hardtop for the wheel and body for the rings. Wheels matched much better w/o clear but still looks great IMHO. The wheels started off semi-gloss black and although I'm a big fan of black wheels, I wanted something to show off this beautiful spoked design better than black.

PXL_20240211_190035199.jpg

Lugs were a bit painful to find (NAPA). These are 1.9" long. 2.4" would have looked better but no narrow sockets will fit the 7/8 lug size on that length.

Plan to refinish center caps to match soon.

KMC sent 20 too few pieces of hardware (got the missing ones shipped very fast). Then when mounting the last wheel I noticed I got a mismatched wheel. Of course only noticed post powder coating...

PXL_20240210_205503197.jpg

These are 0 offset so they add some width and poke, 1.3" per side. Perhaps a bit more poke than I'd prefer on the rear but fronts look great.

PXL_20240211_213853734.jpg

PXL_20240211_213924285.jpg

Monster Valves of course!

PXL_20240211_190212599.jpg

For the weight nerds:
  • Factory non-beadlock capable: 30.75 lb
  • KMC without ring/hardware: 34.5 lb (wanted this number as a more apples to apples ax to wheel strength)
  • KMC complete: 39.75 lb
  • KMC with factory rubber: 113 lb
  • This indicates a 73 lb tire, spec is only 65. That's a 12% delta. I used a very accurate load cell scale not a bathroom unit...

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Some annual maintenance. I had a bad lower door ding that tore the PPF but saved the door so got that taken out and new PPF on the door. I had my flares redone as I replaced the driver front and had PPF damage on the passenger flare that flew off last year. We decided going forward for best use case was we changed to use a standard black satin wrap for the flares as its easier and cost way less than keep replacing PPF damage. Soo now my rear flares which I have had zero issues with, now have PPF and wrap on them to match. We also ceramic coated them so it helps a bit. A year of heavy off road use, 10k on the clock and it looks brand new still.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 1707762424095

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ROCKWORX and HMC Billet:

MIC top bolts in limited edition grey and black, CNC billet aluminum license plate frame with tamper proof stainless steel bolts. So clean!

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 PXL_20240212_203328287
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 PXL_20240212_210412583

Last edited:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how does this sound when driving? I feel like with auto (not this - any automatic with a BOV) it would be whooshing all the time lol.
I run the turbo smart on my tuned 2.7. It does not let out all the time, just when you're doing hard accel. On the trails when I hit it to gain on an obstacle, I hear much more. Love my PPSSHHHH!

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yota Nation Underhood Light Kit:

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 PXL_20240214_020855400-01

I shopped around quite a bit sifting through dozens of cheap Chinese kits. This one isn't. Very nice build and components. Includes a stainless steel plunger switch and push button over ride switch. The light strip and cable tie squares have genuine 3M VHB (very high bond) tape. Also includes protective cable sheath, heat shrink, etc..

The hood has a great "shelf" tailor made for the LED strip that keeps the light pointed at the engine compartment and out of one's eyes.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 PXL_20240213_222243156.MP

It took two tries on the plunger switch location since the first one was drilled through SMC (composite - i.e. no ground)... Second one grabs a ground on the metal stamping brace below the SMC of the fender. I added a nut between the fender and metal brace as a spacer so as to not bend the relatively flimsy SMC flange. Also added a washer just above the SMC to spread the load better. Mounted and works like a charm.

(Final cable placenent not done as adding a Blue Sky Marine power distribution/fuse box)

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 PXL_20240213_222301480

Last edited:
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tint:

Just the two front/side windows.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 PXL_20240217_203427799

Not thrilled with the color match but the shop said this tint has way more heat rejection than what a good color match would have.

Sponsored

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tint:

PXL_20240217_203427799.jpg

Not thrilled with the color match but the shop said this tint has way more heat rejection than what a good color match would have.
There is no way to match it exactly, with either kind of film. Ceramic or dyed/metallized. The best you can do it get it "close". That's why I always tint the back half as well, at least it looks a lot better looking out of it. I have 18% all the way around on my Wife's and it is a ceramic film.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tint:

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 IMG_2011

There is no way to match it exactly, with either kind of film. Ceramic or dyed/metallized. The best you can do it get it "close". That's why I always tint the back half as well, at least it looks a lot better looking out of it. I have 18% all the way around on my Wife's and it is a ceramic film.
Find a shop that uses Llumar film and go with 15%, I think it's a perfect match to the factory tint and I only did the fronts.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? 🔧 🧰 🪛 IMG_1428

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Find a shop that uses Llumar film and go with 15%, I think it's a perfect match to the factory tint and I only did the fronts.

Again, you can get it "close", brand doesn't matter. Looking in to the vehicle will always be closer to matching than looking out. I tint for a living, and there is no way to get it 100% matched to the rear. An aftermarket piece of film will never match a factory dyed glass, it just won't. 15-18% is the best "match" but even it isn't 100%.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Thanks. Looks way better than mine. Can you send another pic, maybe less shadows and more sun. Thanks in advance!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Again, you can get it "close", brand doesn't matter. Looking in to the vehicle will always be closer to matching than looking out. I tint for a living, and there is no way to get it 100% matched to the rear. An aftermarket piece of film will never match a factory dyed glass, it just won't. 15-18% is the best "match" but even it isn't 100%.
I had mine gauged and did them all using a couple different %. Most good shops should be able to do it, but agree kind of have to them all plus the factory glass really isnt UV.
Sponsored