'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any of you guys who have switched out your wheels want to see your old center caps?

I need one.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Kicker 46CSC44 Rear Pod Speakers:

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› PXL_20240220_205203619

Unfortunately, nowhere near the results I was expecting. After installing the new amp, the sound quality when fading to the rear was still pretty poor. This didn't make much improvement. I did (maybe) hear some benefit by fading to the rear combined with a large cut in the bass level and lots more volume. Unfortunately, I didn't do the exact same test prior to the swap.

Any tips: Bass blocker circuit, redo the Kicker amp EQ process, something else?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kicker 46CSC44 Rear Pod Speakers:

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› PXL_20240220_205203619

Unfortunately, nowhere near the results I was expecting. After installing the new amp, the sound quality when fading to the rear was still pretty poor. This didn't make much improvement. I did (maybe) hear some benefit by fading to the rear combined with a large cut in the bass level and lots more volume. Unfortunately, I didn't do the exact same test prior to the swap.

Any tips: Bass blocker circuit, redo the Kicker amp EQ process, something else?
I'm planning on the full set of 5 4" speaker swap but planning to go with the new Infinity Reference series. Also going to do the Kicker C8 sub and 500.1 key amp with remote knob. Probably a month or so away from doing that though - will keep you guys posted. On a side note if you haven't tried Crutchfield's compare and listen tool - you are really missing out - I was amazed at the nuance differences you can make out in various speakers.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On a side note if you haven't tried Crutchfield's compare and listen tool - you are really missing out - I was amazed at the nuance differences you can make out in various speakers.
My skeptical nature has all sorts of red lights flashing here on the feasibility/accuracy of this. A speaker listening test on a little PC speaker? Heck, even if you had a nice speaker system on your PC, you would still have effects from your amp and speakers that would certainly affect any results. Also, how about the recording of the output film the speakers. I suppose mosf variables in that regard could be eliminated, regardless the room and mic will affect the original sound.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My skeptical nature has all sorts of red lights flashing here on the feasibility/accuracy of this. A speaker listening test on a little PC speaker? Heck, even if you had a nice speaker system on your PC, you would still have effects from your amp and speakers that would certainly affect any results. Also, how about the recording of the output film the speakers. I suppose mosf variables in that regard could be eliminated, regardless the room and mic will affect the original sound.
Ohh definitely not on the PC speakers - they ask you what type of headphones you have plugged in - expectation is that you have something pretty good in order to be able to discern differences in audio quality - it's not perfect - but it does give you an idea of what to expect - side by side comparing several models - can also select - same amp power or same volume level to hear differences in efficiency.

My choice wasn't based soley on that - just reaffirmed my original selection. I have a pair of Sennheiser over the ear headphones that I plugged in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
JCR Full Roof Rack and Reinforcement:

Their rack is great and AFAIK no one else offers their innovative reinforcement system that provides a significantly increased static and dynamic load rating by routing the rack loads into the roll bar bypassing the relatively flimsy roof itself.

PXL_20240225_012139854.jpg
PXL_20240225_012158595.jpg
PXL_20240223_224359607.jpg

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› 1000005797
washed her up and added these little bits, which I think are really cool

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

JCR Full Roof Rack and Reinforcement:

Their rack is great and AFAIK no one else offers their innovative reinforcement system that provides a significantly increased static and dynamic load rating by routing the rack loads into the roll bar bypassing the relatively flimsy roof itself.

PXL_20240225_012139854.jpg
PXL_20240225_012158595.jpg
PXL_20240223_224359607.jpg
I am using the JCR reinforcement with my TrailRax roof rack. It’s a must have imo.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did pre-wiring of the dual battery system in the American Adventure Labs cargo mount. Ran 4 AWG wire from the engine bay to the rear cargo and mounted my ARB dual compressor. Ran out of time today so will be mounting the pressure control kit and running the air hoses to each wheel well this weekend. Will also finish mounting the dual battery system and connecting up the compressor and power outlets to it later this week.

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0842
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0828
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0824

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0817
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0854
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0853
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0855
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0849
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0851
Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_0848

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Braided Stainless Brake Lines - Crown Performance - Transparent Orange

Add durability and improve pedal feel (maybe not discernible...)

PXL_20240229_030351993.png

PXL_20240229_030448938.png

This is nearly a "drop in" but requires opening and re-closing the front metal guide plates and careful clocking of the banjo on the rear calipers as the rear caliper fitting is not the same as factory. A pretty easy job for anyone with basic wrenching skills. My mechanic also tested the rears under droop and tuck just to be certain.

No one has a drop in or otherwise kit yet for the Raptor, thus almost "drop in". Crown can sell this kit but won't advertise it since it's not 100% drop in. DM me if you want the info to pick up a set.

Here are the construction details and colors:

technical-cutaway-web.png

technical-colors-web.png

Supporting a very high quality local vendor! They build everything in house.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Reactions: BK1

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made some lug plugs. Looks much better

Ford Bronco What Did You Do To Your Bronco Raptor Today? πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸͺ› IMG_1496
This is a much better/safer idea than the guy on B6G who "secured" 3 more wheel studs and lugs, with glue to make it look more complete πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Did you just 3D print these yourself?
Sponsored