Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This would have been a tough one for me.
It was really tough. It was a unique rig, amazing capabilities and I had a huge number of trips in it. And that custom turbo setup made it so much better. But. I'm 55 years old and the maintenance was getting tough for me. The last straw was a blown turbo wastegate actuator - a $30 part. But it took me two weeks of painful labor to get that sucker changed out, so I could make a trip out west. Then the day before I was to leave, I managed to blow out the front right brake line which lead to replacing lines at all 4 corners, the brake master and the vacuum booster - I mean I REALLY blew the brakes. I made the trip and got to see my favorite place (the San Juans) one more time in the cruiser. But it was just too much for me, and I can't afford to pay a shop every time. Yes the Bronco was expensive, but it's bulletproof (knock on wood), has a warranty, has about 90% of the capability of the cruiser off-road and is about 200% better on-road.
Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sold my 2017 VW Jetta when my Bronco was built.

only reason I bought the Jetta, was work related- I had sold my 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee for it, to commute. I’ll get a beater again and not daily the bronco, but for now- it’s a blast!

Sponsored

Reggiebeans

Big Bend
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My cousin was turning 16 and wanted a manual car. So I ended up selling him my 2012 Subaru Legacy with 53k miles on it.
After looking at new cars that still had manual, narrowed it down to a Tacoma or Bronco.
The Bronco I ordered went into production on 1/3/24.

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? Sub 2012

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In a roundabout way it replaced my 2018 F150. I traded my F150 in for the wife's Explorer. I drove my beater 98 Explorer until the Bronco came in.

IMG_20190913_163926824.jpg

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Yeticon
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? Yeticon

PA BRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've always been into sports cars but have had a Rubicon. I also raced off-road motorcycles and run SxS's.

After a ship hauling Porsches and other VW group vehicles sank during the summer of 2022 already inflated Porsche prices went even higher. I took my 911 Turbo S in for service and the dealer was interested in a buy-back. I drove the car for five summers, (it was fantastic), and the dealer offered within 12% of what I paid five years earlier. Tough to resist so it went. Hoping for another one when/if prices settle down.

My problem with cars is that I have a farm that is about 1.5 miles off the hard road. If weather isn't perfect there's no getting out without covering it with dirt or mud and doing that to a 911 Turbo S just felt wrong.

IMG_0760.jpg

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sold the Comanche nearly a year before getting my first Bronco, so not exactly a direct replacement, but it does occupy the same space in the shop. This was the development mule for most of our Jeep products, and my Wildtrak is the Guinea pig for all the new stuff, so I suppose they are the same in that way too.

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 20211120_152645

DirectHit

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator, 23 Badlands 4dr, 23 Wildtrak 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_9469