Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doubt in my mind there will be MY 21 dealer stock built.
Beyond abandoned orders or aged out test units?

That is like the last bit of faith I have that Ford can make some of this shit right.
I can concede that they can't follow the reservation list directly, or that even in 2022 they may pull some wormy shit and stock the dealers near the end of the reservations run.
But if they pull that shit during the 21 production run, that's just unspeakable , in my book.

That type of low life shit gets you a spot in hell right next to HItler and the pedophiles.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I know what it was like when my father waited for all those years for the Vikings to win the super bowl... not sure this will ever happen!
I've often felt there must be a shit load of older Cubs fans on this reservation list!

hitman_arya

Outer Banks
First Name
Arya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just to clarify, by saying you have a MIC top and a soft top ordered does that mean:

1. You have ordered two separate Broncos, one with a MIC and one with a soft top.

or

2. You have ordered one Bronco with both a MIC and Soft Top on your order

Cause if it’s option #2, I’m sorry to inform you that the number they gave you is not a VIN and no you will not be getting your Bronco anytime soon. Dual tops haven’t been a MY21 option for quite some time. You’re looking at MY22.
i ordered both tops for the same car. It was an option when I ordered it. My dealer told me most likely I’ll have it before August.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i ordered both tops for the same car. It was an option when I ordered it. My dealer told me most likely I’ll have it before August.
Your dealer doesn’t know what they are talking about unless by some miracle you got a VIN number and build date email from Ford. Which it sounds like you haven’t. You are in for a very rude awakening. I’d lower my expectations if i were you. Just trying to be honest with you. You’re not getting yours by august or this year even.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah. It probably was, but your dealer should have contacted you to update your order so that you could pick one or the other.(Unless they changed your order for you without asking, that’s the only way you would have a VIN.) But sorry, you won’t be getting a Dual Top order this year.

The news officially broke towards the end of March.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/🗓-modular-painted-top-and-dual-tops-pushed-to-2022-cloth-and-mic-tops-only-available-at-launch-green-color-and-white-top-confirmed.14286/

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats! when was your reservation?

Ford needed a way to get their easy money Bronco to dealer lots without pissing off their customers who have waited over a year for one. Create a parts shortage and have dealers orders be those without those specific parts.....who cares if reservation holders need to wait until dec of 2022.....
Sorry, late response. I’m a first day reservation. Have a VIN and build date now. BD, 2.7, MIC, and tow package. The only constraint I didn’t have was Sasquatch so I’m just counting my lucky stars I got a build date and hoping it all pans out 😬

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer doesn’t know what they are talking about unless by some miracle you got a VIN number and build date email from Ford. Which it sounds like you haven’t. You are in for a very rude awakening. I’d lower my expectations if i were you. Just trying to be honest with you. You’re not getting yours by august or this year even.
Remember he is in Canada, they may have different options.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was talk and quite a few different posts on FB this morning about a rumor concerning Ford using up what tops were going to be made available for non FE MY21 with current VINS and that no more MICs were going to get a VIN. People were saying that FEs were going to take up the remaining tops over the rest of the build months..... August, September, and October.
It makes sense as we have been seeing the factory only put out like 125 tops a day. I assume that is for BOTH 2-door and 4-door. Even if doubled or tripled they will never catch up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

That is like the last bit of faith I have that Ford can make some of this shit right.
I can concede that they can't follow the reservation list directly, or that even in 2022 they may pull some wormy shit and stock the dealers near the end of the reservations run.
But if they pull that shit during the 21 production run, that's just unspeakable , in my book.

That type of low life shit gets you a spot in hell right next to HItler and the pedophiles.
I can specifically remember a dealer on this forum, (I won’t mention him) talking about communication they received from Ford. It stats that Ford wants to maximize production and uncommon orders they have parts for will be built for dealer stock.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the limited number of MIC tops being manufactured, soft tops are being produced disproportionately. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ford builds all the soft top orders. Once that happens, it would make sense for Ford to build soft tops for dealer stock.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has always been consistent (prior to a few weeks ago when first mention of dealer stock was made public) that MY21 Broncos were being built for reservation holders. They have made no such commitment for MY22. Those that are pushed or have elected to delay to MY22 should have no priority expectation.

Now, while dealer stock for MY21 beyond abandoned reservation orders seems like a betrayal to the commitment made to reservation holders, it logically makes sense. If they can't build any reservation orders, they aren't going to throttle production just to honor the commitment. Broncos will continue to be built with what parts they have on hand. The betrayal will be if that dealer stock is anything besides 4 door Base and Big Bend soft tops. If Ford produces a 2-dr Badlands/WT for dealer stock when those parts can obviously be used to satisfy a reservation order, then they deserve the torches and pitchforks.

@618TRVLWILD

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was talk and quite a few different posts on FB this morning about a rumor concerning Ford using up what tops were going to be made available for non FE MY21 with current VINS and that no more MICs were going to get a VIN. People were saying that FEs were going to take up the remaining tops over the rest of the build months..... August, September, and October.
It makes sense as we have been seeing the factory only put out like 125 tops a day. I assume that is for BOTH 2-door and 4-door. Even if doubled or tripled they will never catch up.
This would match up with what the Ford rep told my dealer contact. If you don’t have a VIN already or FE on order and want the MIC top, you will not see your Bronco until 2022.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs