Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question for the experts. When I picked up my Bronco, there was a additional window sticker that said "RETAIL" and warned to only be removed by the purchaser. The dealer had 4 Broncos on the lot for sale, but mine was the only one with this. Just curious what, if anything, was different with mine. Maybe because I pre-ordered? I don't know, just something odd I noticed.
Ford Bronco What is "Retail"? PXL_20211228_135749434_2
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for the experts. When I picked up my Bronco, there was a additional window sticker that said "RETAIL" and warned to only be removed by the purchaser. The dealer had 4 Broncos on the lot for sale, but mine was the only one with this. Just curious what, if anything, was different with mine. Maybe because I pre-ordered? I don't know, just something odd I noticed.
Ford Bronco What is "Retail"? PXL_20211228_135749434_2
You are a retail customer (end user). Your Ford dealership is Fordā€™s wholesale customer (distributor). If you special order a Bronco, your retail special order will have a green window sticker. If a dealership orders a Bronco for dealer stock, the dealerā€™s stock order will have a blue window sticker.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t know, but I went and did all the paperwork for mine yesterday (hasnā€™t been delivered yet), and they had me sign some document having to do with removing the window sticker. Basically saying that it might get damaged during removal, but they will try to remove it without damage, fold it up, and leave it in the glove box. I thought that was really strange.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t know, but I went and did all the paperwork for mine yesterday (hasnā€™t been delivered yet), and they had me sign some document having to do with removing the window sticker. Basically saying that it might get damaged during removal, but they will try to remove it without damage, fold it up, and leave it in the glove box. I thought that was really strange.
Original window stickers are a big + to have for some vehicles and having them increases the value. Dealer is basically saying "if we remove it and damage it, don't sue us"...

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Original window stickers are a big + to have for some vehicles and having them increases the value. Dealer is basically saying "if we remove it and damage it, don't sue us"...
Hey bud, you know me from 5q. šŸ¤˜Did you get yours today? Today was supposed to be your day, right?

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey bud, you know me from 5q. šŸ¤˜Did you get yours today? Today was supposed to be your day, right?
Good to see you here!!! Yeah, no. Today was my estimated delivery date. Still "in production". 12/6 build week purgatory... Wife is thrilled that the JCR brush guard is black powder coat instead of chrome (stainless) like the one on her Exterra was. Said "you got me everything I asked for" She chose the color and the transmission. I chose everything else. Bwahahahhahahahaha!!!

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are a retail customer (end user). Your Ford dealership is Fordā€™s wholesale customer (distributor). If you special order a Bronco, your retail special order will have a green window sticker. If a dealership orders a Bronco for dealer stock, the dealerā€™s stock order will have a blue window sticker.
I was a day one reservation and I have a blue window sticker. Most of the people in our 10/25 build group have a blue window sticker. I donā€™t think anyone has figured out what it means yet.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to see you here!!! Yeah, no. Today was my estimated delivery date. Still "in production". 12/6 build week purgatory... Wife is thrilled that the JCR brush guard is black powder coat instead of chrome (stainless) like the one on her Exterra was. Said "you got me everything I asked for" She chose the color and the transmission. I chose everything else. Bwahahahhahahahaha!!!
So it still hasnā€™t shipped? That sucks. Mine says built, but still not shipped yet. Other people from my build week with the same ā€œin productionā€ and ā€œbuiltā€ date have gotten their ā€œshippedā€ email, hopefully mine ships tomorrow. Glad the wife is happy and gets to feel like she made the big decisions.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it still hasnā€™t shipped? That sucks. Mine says built, but still not shipped yet. Other people from my build week with the same ā€œin productionā€ and ā€œbuiltā€ date have gotten their ā€œshippedā€ email, hopefully mine ships tomorrow. Glad the wife is happy and gets to feel like she made the big decisions.
Good deal!!! You will probably get your '22 before I get my '21. I'm OK with that. They discontinued AMB after '21 builds, and it's a limited production run. Rumor is that there was a lack of fuse trays that week. Hopefully I'm better off than the ones coming off of dirt mountain. We'll see...

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good deal!!! You will probably get your '22 before I get my '21. I'm OK with that. They discontinued AMB after '21 builds, and it's a limited production run. Rumor is that there was a lack of fuse trays that week. Hopefully I'm better off than the ones coming off of dirt mountain. We'll see...
That was my 21 color too. Your wife made a good choice.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was a day one reservation and I have a blue window sticker. Most of the people in our 10/25 build group have a blue window sticker. I donā€™t think anyone has figured out what it means yet.
Yeah, I know. I was just summarizing the normal process (e.g., blue = stock, red = fleet, green = retail special order), and explaining why the OPā€™s Bronco, with the ā€œRetailā€œ sticker, was different than the other units on the dealer lot. His retail special order does have a green sticker, even though Ford hasnā€™t been consistent about their implementation of the window sticker color scheme, especially in recent months, and no one appears to have figured out why. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored