Sponsored

What is the height of a 4-door Badlands non-squatch with 74Weld Portals?

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that's extremely specific... hear me out.

I'm considering the 74Weld portals on my 2021 4-dr Badlands non-squatch (currently all suspension is stock) and I want to know what the height from ground to the top of roof panels. I want to know if it'll still fit in my garage.

Now, you're going to ask about TIRES... I have 33" KO2's (again stock), so I'm ASSUMING I'd go 37's with that setup so knowing there are +/-1" or so depending on tires... probably go BFG KO2 (or 3's) or Ridge Graplers or... idk.

Do any of you have this setup and can tell me height and what tires you have?
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I know that's extremely specific... hear me out.

I'm considering the 74Weld portals on my 2021 4-dr Badlands non-squatch (currently all suspension is stock) and I want to know what the height from ground to the top of roof panels. I want to know if it'll still fit in my garage.

Now, you're going to ask about TIRES... I have 33" KO2's (again stock), so I'm ASSUMING I'd go 37's with that setup so knowing there are +/-1" or so depending on tires... probably go BFG KO2 (or 3's) or Ridge Graplers or... idk.

Do any of you have this setup and can tell me height and what tires you have?
You can do the calculations backwards as well... I did many times... What is your garage header height? What is the heights of the highest point on your bronco? Subtract one from the other and that is the amount of space you have to deal with... I also gave myself 1.5 inch safety factor...

And yes you are looking at ABOUT 6 inches with portals and going from a 33 to a 37. If you have 7.5 inches difference between the highest point of the Bronco and the Header... You are golden...

Edit.. Unless your garage door does not open higher than the header... I adjusted mine so that it did... but if that is the case measure the lowest point of the door when open.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might call their sales line and ask if they can tell you the height of the bone stock 2dr they have on 38's. If your garage is shorter than that, you need to be more precise on your calcs. If equal or taller (or slightly shorter), you're fine.

Another possibility is to maintain two tire sets, one shorter for road driving, and a set for off road. Then switch outside the garage, go off road, then switch back when you return. I had considered this, or airing down, to fit 38's on a slightly lifted (better) shock set BL Sas. Also, it'll be easier to get an alignment with 35's (or I assume 33's but that might look a little goofy).

Last edited:
OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys. I'm within +/- 1" of being able to fit or not... and being in Phoenix with surface-of-the-sun grade temperatures I need to maintain 'garageability'.. .if you will. OR basically I need a new house lol; cause those are cheap these days too.

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks guys. I'm within +/1 1" of being able to fit or not... and being in Phoenix with surface-of-the-sun grade temperatures I need to maintain 'garageability'.. .if you will. OR basically I need a new house lol; cause those are cheap these days too.
Fully understand. It was important for me as well to be able to garage the Bronco.... That is why I kept measuring and calculating over and over and over again. :)
Sponsored