First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last week I got the 74 Weld portals installed along with some new Fox 2.5 performance elite’s and Icon billit upper control arms. I had an amazing experience with WFO Concepts in Auburn, CA. I wanted to share the walk around video they posted of my Bronco and my build.

Very nice, I like your set up. I have a set of 74 Weld portals on order, fingers crossed they will ship soon. I also have their stage 3 steering rack installed, however, I am running the Icon tie rods. We also seem to have gone with the same Fox 2.5 set up and I believe we have the same rear bumper as well...Expedition One?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TraumaJoe

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice, I like your set up. I have a set of 74 Weld portals on order, fingers crossed they will ship soon. I also have their stage 3 steering rack installed, however, I am running the Icon tie rods. We also seem to have gone with the same Fox 2.5 set up and I believe we have the same rear bumper as well...Expedition One?
Sounds like you’re a man of good taste and style!!! lol…. That is awesome, hopefully you don’t have to wait too long, you’re going to love it, this set up is so capable and effortless. What tires and tire size are you planning on going with? I see your in SLT, where are you going to go for the install, or do plan to install yourself?

pwaicon

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you’re a man of good taste and style!!! lol…. That is awesome, hopefully you don’t have to wait too long, you’re going to love it, this set up is so capable and effortless. What tires and tire size are you planning on going with? I see your in SLT, where are you going to go for the install, or do plan to install yourself?
I am leaning towards the Baja Boss AT in 37s, from my research they seem to be pretty good in the snow and being in Tahoe I am going to need that. I was going to run them on the stock wheels, but I got a good deal on a set of Method 705 wheels and since they have a +35 offset they should work well with the portals. As for the install, I plan on installing them myself. Although after watching the video I think I need to do a little research on bleeding the brakes on the bronco.

OP
OP
TraumaJoe

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am leaning towards the Baja Boss AT in 37s, from my research they seem to be pretty good in the snow and being in Tahoe I am going to need that. I was going to run them on the stock wheels, but I got a good deal on a set of Method 705 wheels and since they have a +35 offset they should work well with the portals. As for the install, I plan on installing them myself. Although after watching the video I think I need to do a little research on bleeding the brakes on the bronco.
That is a great tire. My only worry would be it may look a tad small with the amount of lift you will get with the portals and the Fox 2.5’s.

Re the brake bleeding, a lot of guys on here did there own install and made it work, I would check out this thread if you have t already for some great info and to know who to ask…. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/74weld-bronco-portals-now-available.78575

If your ever in the Sacramento area and want to check out my Bronco and the portals, just let me know.

pwaicon

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a great tire. My only worry would be it may look a tad small with the amount of lift you will get with the portals and the Fox 2.5’s.

Re the brake bleeding, a lot of guys on here did there own install and made it work, I would check out this thread if you have t already for some great info and to know who to ask…. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/74weld-bronco-portals-now-available.78575

If your ever in the Sacramento area and want to check out my Bronco and the portals, just let me know.
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. I did want to go with a little bigger tire, however, I really want to try out the Baja Boss and I believe that is the largest size they offer. Being in Tahoe, the tire needs to perform well in the snow and from everything I have read the Baja Boss checks off that box. If you have any suggestions on other tires that do well in the snow I am open to suggestions.

I have checked out that thread but I haven't had the time to get through it all.

I would like to see the portals in person, if I am every out that way I just might take you up on your offer. Plus, there is an Ikea out there and who doesn't like Ikea. Thanks!

Sponsored

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, it’s pricy that’s for sure. I would suggest doing it in stages. I think the first thing to do is the stronger steering rack and tie rods in order to support going bigger. Then the portals and tires would be the second stage. The portals allow you to go with fully stock suspension, so make shocks your third stage. You can even get some really inexpensive Sasquatch bilstien shocks from someone selling on the forum. I saved up for over 2 years, not knowing what I was going to do, and once I saw the portals I knew this was the right build for me.
Can confirm-Doing it all at once will certainly put a ding in your checking account 😂
Sponsored